The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Random thoughts?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
My mercedes has the ability to put a maximum speed lock on, controlled by a pin.
It is recommended for use when valet parking or when loaning the vehicle to a restricted driver
Many cars have a speed limiter as part of cruise control. I often just set the limiter and then rest my foot on the accelerator safe in the knowledge it shouldn’t go over but I still have full manual control. This feature is GOLD in school zones.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Many cars have a speed limiter as part of cruise control. I often just set the limiter and then rest my foot on the accelerator safe in the knowledge it shouldn’t go over but I still have full manual control. This feature is GOLD in school zones.
Yes
The one in mine can't be cancelled or changed without the pin
So even if they restart the car or go into the settings they can't change it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
One pedal driving in my wife's Volvo Recharge is awesome. The motors spin backwards ; dunno how they manage that.
Saves brakes and gives you free range!
Oh and sporty driving is rewarded.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
it does wear your brakes. The one pedal EV drive is gold for when you realise you are a touch over and plod might be watching...instant slow...and faster than your brakes - if something jumps out you have already dropped 10km/hr.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
No
That would defeat the purpose.
It is to stop car park attendants from taking your car for a spin as in Ferris Buellers Day Off
I knew exactly what that image was from by seeing just the lower third of the frame. Classic movie, classic scene.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@marko I saw in your sig that you have a Jimny. I'm a bit jealous - we do not get the here but they're awesome little trucks. Just curious if you've ever seen these? I saw them in an article last night. There's a company that sells "styling" kits that make Jimnies look like different "little" trucks - there's a Defender, G Wagon, Gen 1 Bronco, etc. Not sure if they're worth the money, but I like them.
GOOGLE IMAGES

Wonder if they'll make a little Gren lookalike.

Last edited:

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
@marko I saw in your sig that you have a Jimny. I'm a bit jealous - we do not get the here but they're awesome little trucks. Just curious if you've ever seen these? I saw them in an article last night. There's a company that sells "styling" kits that make Jimnies look like different "little" trucks - there's a Defender, G Wagon, Gen 1 Bronco, etc. Not sure if they're worth the money, but I like them.
GOOGLE IMAGES

Wonder if they'll make a little Gren lookalike.
Yeah the Jimny is surprisingly capable off road when fitted with a decent set of AT tyres. I like her a lot. Unfortunately I sold my daily driver (Range Rover Sport) two months ago in anticipation of my Grenadier arriving so she’s now my daily driver which isn’t totally ideal. In terms of the body kits, yeah they are cute (but expensive) and aimed I think at the domestic Japanese market. Not really my cup of tea. Interesting to see if a baby Grenadier kit gets released, hadn’t thought of that!

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
I knew exactly what that image was from by seeing just the lower third of the frame. Classic movie, classic scene.

Great movie and in my neck of the woods.

The house is not far from me:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great movie and in my neck of the woods.

The house is not far from me:

He'll keep calling. He'll keep calling. He'll keep calling. He'll keep calling...

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
I like the way the email name is Michael Brown, the actual email address is Terence McCulley, and the email is signed Eric John.
How dumb would you have to be to fall for this????
Obviously people do or they wouldn't bother
Yep, a numbers game.

Scroates!

Back
Top Bottom