The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Raised Air Intake Precleaner.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
Raised Air Intake Precleaner - just wondering if anyone has the precleaner. Is it easy to remove and can it stay off until needed for remote travel i.e. Do you get the normal top to the raised air intake?

Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
You can fit different Donaldson tops to it check out their website

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Raised Air Intake Precleaner - just wondering if anyone has the precleaner. Is it easy to remove and can it stay off until needed for remote travel i.e. Do you get the normal top to the raised air intake?
I've only seen one person post a photo of theirs when they got it with their vehicle:
FB_IMG_1692447183472.jpg

Vote:
Upvote 0

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Easier to regularly blow out the dust from the main air filter and have a the BMW spare, normal off road maintenance.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Easier to regularly blow out the dust from the main air filter and have a the BMW spare, normal off road maintenance.
If you didn't have to mess with 6 screws each time...

Vote:
Upvote 0

Murray2105

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Andrew. I have the Donaldson top spin fitted. These are the top of the range and self empty. You don’t get the normal snorkel end as well. I might see if it is available as well but don’t mind the garbage to in look of the pre cleaner.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The pre cleaner is an accessory fitted by the dealer (as I understand it - can’t imagine them shipping it with that adding to external dimensions in any circumstances!).
My dealer (Ignition Car Centre) gave me the original air intake back in case I wanted to use it as well…. and any dealer should at least offer that, as it is something you have paid for.

Attachments

• IMG_5322.jpeg
    IMG_5322.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5323.jpeg
    IMG_5323.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 57
Vote:
Upvote 0

Murray2105

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The pre cleaner is an accessory fitted by the dealer (as I understand it - can’t imagine them shipping it with that adding to external dimensions in any circumstances!).
My dealer (Ignition Car Centre) gave me the original air intake back in case I wanted to use it as well…. and any dealer should at least offer that, as it is something you have paid for.
Thanks will ask.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good info, thank you! Do you know if it's a Donaldson top spin with an Ineos badge?

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
Reaction score
The Top Spin pre-cleaner does need removal and checking every so often. They can get build up on the impeller and the bearings wear making the Top Spin vibrate and rattly. They're easy to clean and service and a very effective pre-cleaner.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will be interested to see how long mine lasts. A lot of weight on top of a very flimsy plastic moulding. Vibration from corrugations will kill it for sure.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom