The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Radio, Satellite, and Adventure Communications

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
Does it allow the seat to slide fully forward?
Yes it does - it fits under the rail so does not impede. It's also fully multi-axial adjustable to move if required to move away from a passenger's leg etc. Just have to be sure not to put in the trajectory of the front airbag!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
Bumping this in preparation for my comms install. Have a Kenwood TM-D710 and a Midland GMRS to put in and would love to see more setups if people care to share.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After tearing anything down I couldn't find where the under dash bracket @ninetubes had used to mount his radio under the glovebox was.
IMG_1269.jpeg
Then I realized the bracket is apparently used by Ineos for the knee airbags. Ugh. I may end up installing one radio body under the passenger seat and the other next to the battery. Probably would do the Kenwood next to the battery because it has a higher power draw. The Midland draws 10A so I could use INT2, where the Kenwood has a 13A max current draw so I'll need a higher rated circuit.
IMG_9165.JPG

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
After tearing anything down I couldn't find where the under dash bracket @ninetubes had used to mount his radio under the glovebox was.
View attachment 7842282
Then I realized the bracket is apparently used by Ineos for the knee airbags. Ugh. I may end up installing one radio body under the passenger seat and the other next to the battery. Probably would do the Kenwood next to the battery because it has a higher power draw. The Midland draws 10A so I could use INT2, where the Kenwood has a 13A max current draw so I'll need a higher rated circuit.
View attachment 7842283
Interesting that your market gets knee airbags and we don’t!
I’ll edit a note into that post so others know about it. Thanks

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Surface rust and a few-week-old truck is a bit tough to see. Hopefully there isn’t a similar issue with parts you cannot see.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Surface rust and a few-week-old truck is a bit tough to see. Hopefully there isn’t a similar issue with parts you cannot see.
Pretty sure there has been similar surface corrosion somewhere on every new car I've bought. Go to a Ford lot and look under the cars. 4Runner had spots here and there from it's early days. BMW and VW had stuff like what I see in the Grenadier. Haven't picked apart my wife's Audi but I bet it's there. Never had issues probably because the winters here are mild.

Back
Top Bottom