The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Quick Release Tie-Down Rings

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Ideally you'd like to see crash test results. Ideally!

Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking of using them inside to help secure a cargo net over everything in the back. It worked a treat in my big smash, the stuff in the back, remained in the back - despite a combined impact speed of 150-180kph. Best not to have my mattresses, blankets, pillow, assorted camera gear and bits and pieces launching into the front seats.
I am with you. I absolutey shudder at some stuff i have seen in you tube videos and in my own 4wd club. I try to make sure everything is securely tied down. The thought of my portable compressor flying round the cabin in a rollover ....mattesses and sleeping bags dont scare me as much.One of the things i like about the grenadier.Plenty of tie down points vs my fortuner...none. I use the very rear seat loops

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AUSTRALIAN SOURCE FOR TIE DOWNS
My tie downs from the Truck Warehouse arrived today. I can confirm they are of good quality. I got a single and double version. The image below has a AA battery for size comparison. The double is built like a truck! More than enough for my purposes. Basically, I got 6 of each version for AUD70, cheaper than the INEOS version.

INEOS tie down.jpg

Single stud (anodised) version here.

Double stud version here.

Both are rated at 900kg (that is probably breaking strength, working load limit is roughly 1/3 of that, say 300kg).

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
AUSTRALIAN SOURCE FOR TIE DOWNS
My tie downs from the Truck Warehouse arrived today. I can confirm they are of good quality. I got a single and double version. The image below has a AA battery for size comparison. The double is built like a truck! More than enough for my purposes. Basically, I got 6 of each version for AUD70, cheaper than the INEOS version.

View attachment 7828729

Single anodised version here.

Double version here.
Thanks for the reference...can we have a pic of the big one in situ, please? ;)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very similar to the first two tie down rings in this video (except the shape of the ring on the double stud model):

View: https://youtu.be/LFJCZc9WoM0
The bolt stud fittings are especially useful... but unfortunately, not all that common here.
A niggling concern I have is that while the individual fitting may have a high shear strength, the L-track and importantly the bolts used to secure it to the floor and the floor structures themselves also need to be commensurately strengthened to withstand the cumulative load of multiple fittings in a crash....
Still something is better than nothing!!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The fittings supplied by Ineos are rated at 500DaN (decanewtons, approx 510kgf) according to the marking. They're probably load matched to the track and mounting hardware. They're a resin injected block so won't rattle or scratch. The pear-shaped ring locks the fitting into the track if the large radius end is inside the pin. Quite a nice item, albeit at a premium price. But that's the general theme of the vehicle.
I can confirm the single unit listed by @TheDocAUS fits the Grenadier track.

Disposable AA battery used for reference. I couldn't afford Eneloops after spending my money on Ineos fittings 😉

Attachments

• PXL_20231005_071050627.jpg
    PXL_20231005_071050627.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20231005_065928687.jpg
    PXL_20231005_065928687.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 20
Local time
Reaction score
it makes no sense to me that the double stud version is rated the same as the single,but i guess it comes down to the track and its fixings.Begs the question why get the double?The threaded version has me starting to think of a table

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
it makes no sense to me that the double stud version is rated the same as the single,but i guess it comes down to the track and its fixings.Begs the question why get the double?The threaded version has me starting to think of a table
The rating does seem strange, but the website has little technical information on the tie downs and I suppose it could be wrong. I have reservations when info is so scare and one reason why I posted the links only after I saw the quality myself, in contrast the US Cargo Control website has plenty of information.

Either tie down will serve my purposes which are nowhere near any 900kg breaking limit.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
The rating does seem strange, but the website has little technical information on the tie downs and I suppose it could be wrong. I have reservations when info is so scare and one reason why I posted the links only after I saw the quality myself, in contrast the US Cargo Control website which has plenty of information.

Either tie down will serve my purposes which are nowhere near any 900kg breaking limit.
and if you have muliple tie down points all the better.Whatever it is much better than anything else i have seen

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I purchased a couple of double studs from eBay AU, they are the same style as the ones from the Truck Warehouse but nickel plated. It was a double stud only, no ring.

They were well made and adequate for my purposes.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
BCF know how to charge, $8 verse $5.20 at the Truck Warehouse for the same thing. But you get a saving with no postage for a small order.

One reason why I have eBay Plus is free postage on most items. Over the year I save a small fortune in postage on these smaller items, the postage savings far outstrip the annual eBay Plus fee.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
BCF know how to charge, $8 verse $5.20 at the Truck Warehouse for the same thing. But you get a saving with no postage for a small order.

One reason why I have eBay Plus is free postage on most items. Over the year I save a small fortune in postage on these smaller items, the postage savings far outstrip the annual eBay Plus fee.
I didn’t buy any already have enough. I have Amazon Prime for similar reasons but also get the streaming and other stuff

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t buy any already have enough. I have Amazon Prime for similar reasons but also get the streaming and other stuff
I also have Amazon Prime, and I normally price check between eBay Plus and Amazon Prime. Prime is a great way to bring things in from the US with significantly reduced postage.

It even allowed me to get something from Amazon Germany for the INEOS - the funnel to reduce a high flow diesel pump to the INEOS filler neck.

Local time
Reaction score
make sure you check that those fittings actually fit.I watched a you tube video today about guy saing that not all fittings fit all tracks.Seems there is a wee bit of variation

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed there is. Some do not fit.

Looking at reviews can often tell you which ones.

Back
Top Bottom