The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Quick Release Tie-Down Rings

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
What aftermarket Quick Release Tie-Down Rings are owners buying? Is the choice different for interior use compared to the exterior Utility belt?

Some posts say they bought them on Amazon, but there is a confusing array of choices. Which brands are of decent quality and features?

Apparently you need to look for tie downs compatible with L tracks.

Thanks for any help.

Edit from here downwards.

SOURCES OF TIE DOWNS AND L TRACKS
Your local INEOS Dealer should have the INEOS branded tie downs. Ask them.

Australia
  1. The Truck Warehouse AU has high quality tie downs at a good price, Single stud version here, double stud version here. Both are rated at 900kg (that is probably breaking strength, working load limit is roughly 1/3 of that).This post here has pictures and more information on these tie downs.
  2. Some of the US Cargo Control products are available on Amazon Australia here. Warning: pricing seems very high compared to their US website.
  3. Motexion (from the Netherlands) has some high end tie downs, but I have not confirmed compatibility, look here.
EU
  1. Nakatenenga, look here.
  2. Motexion is based in the Netherlands.
  3. Airlineschienen-shop, look here.
  4. The Wurth lashing eye, used by INEOS, is available in a few countries in the EU, however, the websites I looked at said it was only available to trade customers.
UK
  1. 4x4 Overlander is a UK supplier for Nakatenenga, look here.

USA
  1. US Cargo Control here.
  2. Cargo Equipment here.
  3. Powertye look here. Make sure you buy the L track tie downs, not E-track.

EDIT: this video describes some the different tie down rings you can use on an L track (even more info here). US Cargo Control also look like a source of decent quality tie downs in the USA.

View: https://youtu.be/LFJCZc9WoM0

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Made the mistake of buying extra cheapies from supercheap before the vehicle arrived, like $10 for the kit of 4 on sale...... the quality of the Ineos items is vastly superior and made of nylon or similar v the cheap n nasty alloy ones that I bought. Lesson learnt for myself at least but had no idea of the difference in quality at the time of purchase. Guess I will use the supercheap tie downs, bolts and base plates that came in the kit on a false floor or similar but certainly won't use them on the vehicle tracks.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One of the earlier press articles in Australia lists tie down rings from INEOS for $70, but I cannot find these on these listed on the INEOS website, but the Australian Accessories brochure on page 21 shows (so I suppose you can order them through the dealers):

1695803051737.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
One of the earlier press articles in Australia lists tie down rings from INEOS for $70, but I cannot find these on these listed on the INEOS website, but the Australian Accessories brochure on page 21 shows (so I suppose you can order them through the dealers):

View attachment 7827988
WTF???
I saw those and thought......WHY???

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking of using them inside to help secure a cargo net over everything in the back. It worked a treat in my big smash, the stuff in the back, remained in the back - despite a combined impact speed of 150-180kph. Best not to have my mattresses, blankets, pillow, assorted camera gear and bits and pieces launching into the front seats.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What aftermarket Quick Release Tie-Down Rings are owners buying? Is the choice different for interior use compared to the exterior Utility belt?

Some posts say they bought them on Amazon, but there is a confusing array of choices. Which brands are of decent quality and features?

Thanks for any help.
Playing around with ideas for fixing stuff to the false floor I'll install.
I might buy a pair and test them myself. I've still got a useful deadlift, that and a chain.
If it rips out I will rethink. If it doesn't I'll up the spinach intake.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Links added to first post for Australia, USA, UK and EU (Germany and Netherlands).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking of using them inside to help secure a cargo net over everything in the back. It worked a treat in my big smash, the stuff in the back, remained in the back - despite a combined impact speed of 150-180kph. Best not to have my mattresses, blankets, pillow, assorted camera gear and bits and pieces launching into the front seats.
The tie down rings make sense but the baskets look stupid

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wurth added to the list, but the EU websites I looked at said they would only sell to Trade Customers.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ALL THE TIE-DOWN RINGS HAVE LOAD RATINGS
All the Tie-Down Rings have load ratings (or breaking strength), here they are for the Wurth's "lashing eyes" (not sure whether 1 or 2 on that list is the INEOS version):

Wurth lashing tie ratings.png
Follow the load ratings regardless of the brand you buy. I would avoid any brands not giving a load rating, it is danger sign. As a guide double stud rings have higher load ratings than single stud.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bought a couple of tie down rings sourced in Australia. If they are decent quality, I will post the links in due course. EDITL links posted in first post and comments/pictures here.

I went to a truck website hoping the quality is OK, as truckies would give them stick quick smart if they were poor quality.

My main needs will be holding down a cargo net in the back and hanging small items off the car's exterior in camp. I only need a rating of 150-200 kgs, even though they say they are rated at 900kgs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom