The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Puncture

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
I ventured 50 miles away in my V8 CSW to IKEA to get a new dining table. As the boxes were 8’ long the CSW was the only vehicle I have that could take it. In the middle of MK I got a puncture. Much swearing later due to a stuck bung in the jacking point I fitted the tyre and it got me thinking - what’s the jack system for the Grenadier - anyone who has poked around one got sight of the toolkit?

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Tazzieman - will add some emergency kit when I get mine. In my day to day cars I have loads of stuff - need to sort out the contents of my CSW and the Grenadier when it arrives.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Tazzieman - will add some emergency kit when I get mine. In my day to day cars I have loads of stuff - need to sort out the contents of my CSW and the Grenadier when it arrives.

Attachments

• Jack03.jpg
    Jack03.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 138
  • Jack02.jpg
    Jack02.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 132
  • Jack01.jpg
    Jack01.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7105.jpg
    IMG_7105.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 135

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Bottle jack is a big win!

Had to swap a wheel on the Range rover sport a few months ago, only had the Land Rover scissor jack to hand.... what a nightmare, thing was flexing under the weight of the car.

bottle jacks are so much better, and good for any application when paired with a suitable jack base

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Related note - I came across this last night: TAULER JACK

Seems like a good alternative to a Hi-Lift without costing a fortune. But, it's a kit and requires welding.

That’s not dissimilar to the included jack in my 110 CSW

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
Agree! And practise at home , on an uneven surface to mimic real life situations. Maybe even on a day when it's pissing down rain :LOL:
Isn't that why one pays the Road Side Assist....to watch some poor bugger struggle with one's totally unnecessary 37" whopper on a school run in pouring rain so one can feel smug and superior?🤬

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
Bottle jack is a big win!

Had to swap a wheel on the Range rover sport a few months ago, only had the Land Rover scissor jack to hand.... what a nightmare, thing was flexing under the weight of the car.

bottle jacks are so much better, and good for any application when paired with a suitable jack base
My last scissor jack has been re-purposed to raise/lower a router on a woodwork bench. My long departed Rangie P38 I recall came with an excellent bottle jack....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
Isn't that why one pays the Road Side Assist....to watch some poor bugger struggle with one's totally unnecessary 37" whopper on a school run in pouring rain so one can feel smug and superior?🤬
In Tasmania , mobile phone coverage is very sketchy . Even near the capital city.
Even where there are lots of travellers in tourist season - no reception.
Never ever assume you can ring for anything! Unless you carry a sat phone.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What about the Grenadier has TORX head bolts? (No mention, Ronny maybe only familiar with Toyota)
Pack the common sizes! You might be able to help some underprepared traveller.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
what’s the jack system for the Grenadier - anyone who has poked around one got sight of the toolkit?
There's lots of choice for jacking points on a vehicle of this construction, but anyone know what the Ineos designated points are?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
There's lots of choice for jacking points on a vehicle of this construction, but anyone know what the Ineos designated points are?
Would it not be as for most solid axled vehicles , plus the rockslider if fitted?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Would it not be as for most solid axled vehicles , plus the rockslider if fitted?
There's plenty of scope to put a jack many places, I just wondered if the saddle on the provided jack had a particular profile and so was designed to go in particular places on the axles.

Back
Top Bottom