The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Puncture

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
No idea if you have the fancy factory ones. I have cheap external ones on my Disco ; they work fine and are easily replaced.
The Grenadier , isn't the pressure monitored by comparing wheel speeds? Dunno.
Why would the wheel speed change? The circumference is not changing with pressure.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
Why would the wheel speed change? The circumference is not changing with pressure.
We've had the fale warning with our Volvo EV. On the help forum
"Volvo uses "indirect" TPMS - where the ABS system measures the rotational speeds of each tire, thereby guessing which are "low" by comparing them to stored values (and to each other). Unfortunately for some reason - Volvo, Audi, and a couple other manufacturers have long refused to use actual "direct" air-pressure sensors on each tire (like most manufacturers do)."
Even one worn tyre (poor alignment etc) can trigger it.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
But how do you then take the wheel off?
Chock or stand under axle but mainly using hi-lift to lift wheel out of bog to get traction aids under wheel. I would only use hi-lift to change wheel if in bog and wheel off the rim or puncture. If on hard ground would use bottle Jack.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
Chock or stand under axle but mainly using hi-lift to lift wheel out of bog to get traction aids under wheel. I would only use hi-lift to change wheel if in bog and wheel off the rim or puncture. If on hard ground would use bottle Jack.
but not the Ineos one...mutter, mutter...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But how do you then take the wheel off?
Perhaps you’re not joking. This is a recovery tool only. For wheel removal get onto flat ground and use a bottle jack, with a base plate if necessary. As noted could hoist it with the high lift onto an axle stand or a second spare wheel but the bottle jack is usually easier.

Roger

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps you’re not joking. This is a recovery tool only. For wheel removal get onto flat ground and use a bottle jack, with a base plate if necessary. As noted could hoist it with the high lift onto an axle stand or a second spare wheel but the bottle jack is usually easier.
Here is a good video from Robert Pepper on bottle Jacks VS Hi Lifts.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3_DR9F3R4U

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom