The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

PTO-2 @Albania pictures

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
I am very fortunate to know one of the guys supporting the GS Trophy in Albania and he has sent me a couple of pictures to share with you. He has said the car is performing brilliantly and the scenery is amazing, to the top of mountains and back down again.

Anyway couple of pictures you all and hopefully get some more along the travels.
PTO-2 6.jpeg
PTO-2 2.jpeg
PTO-2 1.jpeg
PTO-2 4.jpeg
PTO-2 5.jpeg
PTO-2 3.jpeg

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
I was all for 17" steel and this wheel was my least favourite out of the four, but looking at it now is making me think twice also!
Do you know if the Alloy wheels are 7.5 inch wide like the steel ones? Would be great if they were 8 inch wide

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
I suspect that visible aluminum ring is only an ornament but not what it mimics to be: a mount of multi-part rim?

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all, in above pictures I get impression side step have more ground clearance than in older pictures. Is this only my impression and wishful thinking?
Still a bit undecided between sliders and step so looking out for any view.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all, in above pictures I get impression side step have more ground clearance than in older pictures. Is this only my impression and wishful thinking?
I hadn't noticed until you just mentioned this! It does look slightly higher, I will ask him the question. Have you stepped into one with rocksliders?

Deepblue

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, never saw rock slider at a real demo vehicle. Only in pictures / posts such as below. Very interested to get more info on this. A step “a bit higher” would be great; or then I consider to adapt a rock slider diy “a bit lower” to allow stepping on e.g. to reach roof rack. Playing with the thought to insert some spacer (not sure my English males sense) between slider and their mounting points.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
I'd personally choose the side steps as this makes it so much easier getting in and out of the car. I'm 6ft 2in and noticed how high the car was getting in and out.

This will obviously be dependent on what you will be using the car for.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I was struck with the same impression when looking at the photos for the first time.

On second viewing, I think the side angle the vehicle is at flatters the ground clearance.

Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
I too am trying to decide between side step, which to me looks like a “ tack on” and seems to hang too low and lateral, and the rock sliders. Does anybody know if can use rock sliders as a step to access the roof. some pics look like you can

Local time
Reaction score
Having got into vehicles with rock sliders and steps the rock slides defiantly a step too easy to slip off.
It was mentioned that the step wasn't the final iteration and was going to babe revised at the rear.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
A lady with high heels wouldn't be amused with rock sliders, nor would any lady with any shoes.

Suggestion: Mount a rock slider on the drivers side and a step on the other side. 🙃

Local time
Reaction score
Or people with small feet could get trapped . Or a lady with small feet in high heels?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
I have ordered the step but might get some black chequerplate welded into the gap so little feet don't slip between the bar and the car

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anybody know if can use rock sliders as a step to access the roof. some pics look like you can
Ineos appear to think they can be:

Screenshot_20220903_225336.jpg

Deepblue

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DCPU out of interest - where did you find that picture? Do you have a link?
Thx

Back
Top Bottom