The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

PTO-2 @Albania pictures

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
@DCPU out of interest - where did you find that picture? Do you have a link?
Thx
Scroll down the page until you get to the "Explore the Grenadier".

I got to the page from a link in an email dated 2nd September from Ineos titled "The Grenadier joins this year’s BMW Motorrad International GS Trophy".

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
I saw those wheels for the first time at the Game Fair and thought how much better in the flesh than they did of the configurator.

I have ordered the Trialmaster so I am certainly not paying any extra for them but it didn’t stop me thinking how nice they looked and made the steel wheels look a little naff tbh.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
Yeh I highly doubt it's a real beadlock.
Here in Australia beadlock rims are illegal so 100% sure that at least for ours and I assume all of them it is fake, just for decoration

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here in Australia beadlock rims are illegal so 100% sure that at least for ours and I assume all of them it is fake, just for decoration
How do the Hummer H1s get road registered with beadlocks?

Last edited:

RoadBuilder

Reservation Holder
Local time
5:19 AM
Reaction score
How to the Hummer H1s get road registered with beadlocks?
The Hummer (HMMWV) uses a take-apart wheel system which is DOT certified. They were typically manufactured by Maxion who, ironically, is the wheel supplier for the Ineos Grenadier. Hutchinson, also a military supplier, manufactures a similar wheel for the civilian market under their “Rock Monster“ brand.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Learned something. Thanks. :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Hummer (HMMWV) uses a take-apart wheel system which is DOT certified. They were typically manufactured by Maxion who, ironically, is the wheel supplier for the Ineos Grenadier. Hutchinson, also a military supplier, manufactures a similar wheel for the civilian market under their “Rock Monster“ brand.
Yes ~ my question was how are they then legal in Australia?

On a side issue, I didn't think DOT certified or approved anything. It's up to the manufacturer to ensure they meet the legal requirements and then mark their goods "DOT compliant".

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
Been wondering about side step vs rock slider myself. In real life, these side steps seem much more convincing than they look on the online visualiser... perhaps Ineos tightened them up a bit?

I have side steps on the Defender (110) and they've been fine for overloading... so this is my preference. A cheaper option on the IG too.

My concern was the initial impression (in the visualiser) of a too-large gap between the step and the bodywork, with the potential to snap ankles in the wet.

But looks pretty good here ...

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know if the Alloy wheels are 7.5 inch wide like the steel ones? Would be great if they were 8 inch wide
@Camskii
17" Steel - 7.5" Wide with a 55mm positive offset
17" Alloy - 7.5" Wide with a 55mm positive offset
18" Steel - 8" Wide with a 55mm positive offset
18" Alloy - 8" Wide with a 55mm positive offset
(y)

Back
Top Bottom