The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Prueba Spanish video review (Spain)

chriscroft

Production/Transit
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
Auto-Translate English......is my friend.
Really enjoyed that review, especially continuously stopping 1/2 up the inclines; with the non-Spanish speaking instructor none the wiser....:D
For me, I've made the right choice with the diesel from the reviews I've seen to date, and the idea of actually driving the car in an interactive environment compared to the slightly numb experience that an uber-competent luxury SUV can impart is something I will relish.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Definitely worth putting the auto translate captions and an watching this one. For a start it’s amusing reading about the cows on the roof and the pre wired cows. But it’s actually one of the most comprehensive reviews and more actual off road terrain footage and discussion than most of the others. Really enjoyed that one, and yes he is a fan.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
Definitely worth putting the auto translate captions and an watching this one. For a start it’s amusing reading about the cows on the roof and the pre wired cows. But it’s actually one of the most comprehensive reviews and more actual off rood terrain footage and discussion than most of the others. Really enjoyed that one, and yes he is a fan.
Not to mention the Spanish passion and arm waving

chriscroft

Production/Transit
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
Yep, there is something about the Spanish & Indeed Italian passions, that ignites interest in my mostly Anglo-Saxon bloodline.
A Football match with that kind of commentary is twice the game for me.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Great review and excellent video, the Spaniard does not seem to have an agenda and gives a balanced opinion. Worth it just for the subtitles.

Interesting to see the recovery of the two Grenadiers in ditches, presented in a positive light.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
Yep, there is something about the Spanish & Indeed Italian passions, that ignites interest in my mostly Anglo-Saxon bloodline.
A Football match with that kind of commentary is twice the game for me.
That is why i love visiting the Mediterranean
Everything is done with feeling and not necessarily precision
I have imported products from Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece for 30 years and you always worry if you get what you want
From Germany and Switzerland you get exactly what you want, nothing more, nothing less.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I loved the "increíble, increíble! .... ¡Espectacular!" :)

And especially this guy is so likeable. (y)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I loved the "increíble, increíble! .... ¡Espectacular!" :)

And especially this guy is so likeable. (y)
It’s been a pleasure to watch the video and to listen to this guy.
If I understood him well on one steep hill he said ( around 18:40)„ we are not supposed to stop here because maybe we loose traction and can not make it from a stop up the hill. But my Co driver does not understand Spanish so I will do exactly the opposite from what they told me andstop anyway and try out whether I can make it anyway…“
Great 👍

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps it is not available on a Linux computer :eek:
But it should work: SETTINGS > SUBTITLES > AUTOTRANSLATE > chose the language
Thaks Jean, I searched youtube for it - and guess what, youtube told me. 🥳

EDIT: wording

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I understood him well on one steep hill he said ( around 18:40)„ we are not supposed to stop here because maybe we loose traction and can not make it from a stop up the hill. But my Co driver does not understand Spanish so I will do exactly the opposite from what they told me andstop anyway and try out whether I can make it anyway…“
Great 👍
Yes indeed, he said it, and did it like 3 times! 🤣

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Is not available in my settings. How did you activate this?

EDIT: found it.
It took me a while. You first have to activate the subtitles (which will appear in Spanish) then choose Settings/Subtitles/Autotranslate.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
HIS VERDICT

I have the transcript here, not redacted, just as produced by google - except for a few punctuation marks. So there a some parts (I think only one) that make little sense (due to the translation).

I like it very much, what a smart guy:

"I would not like to close it without answering the two questions that we asked at the beginning of the Video.

First question was if this is the defender that Land Robert should have made. In my opinion, this one is. It is the Industrial vehicle, a worthy successor to the classic Defender, a much more worthy successor than the new Land Rover, but it is a matter of taste if you want a more refined car, obviously the new Defender surpasses the Great Yesterday, especially on asphalt, but if you want an Industrial vehicle for the I deal hard this. In my opinion it is the Defender that Land Rover could have made and maybe should have made.

And the second question - is this the best SUV in the world? This question does not have a simple answer because there is no SUV better than everyone else in all aspects. It depends on what you are going to use it for, one vehicle or another would be better In any case, in view of the tests we have done with it, which have been quite arduous, we could say that by dimensions, traction capacity, diameter of wheels, protection equipment of lows and everything that the ineos grenadier has.

Possibly it is without a doubt one of the best all-rounders in the world and perhaps it could be considered the best for sale in Spain but to be sure of that we will have to compare it face to face against its main rivals which we are looking forward to doing."

(y)

Last edited:

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
Great review even with google translate captions. Most comprehensive and best of all the video reviews.

When he said the top of the dash is 'fluffy' does he mean it is padded or soft touch material? I have been curios about this.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great review even with google translate captions. Most comprehensive and best of all the video reviews.

When he said the top of the dash is 'fluffy' does he mean it is padded or soft touch material? I have been curios about this.
It is indeed one of the better reviews.

He uses the word "mullido" for the top of the dash, and for me it means only "soft", not fluffy. The rest is hard plastic.

Back
Top Bottom