The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Price rises today : Nov 8 2022

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
Yeah I feel your pain big buddy.

From my perspective, yes I have given them a fair amount of my money to sit on, and hope they don't lose it.
I probably have 60 odd days after I get to start driving one (December 3 Hurry Up), to really make up my mind if I want to progress with the order. There are plenty of guys on here that wont even get that luxury and will buy it sight unseen.
So your concerns are really less of an issue for those who have the pricing locked in already, and I know you tried, and had website issues - like we all did back in May.
Not that this eases the pain of those who now come on board the INEOS journey, and have to listen to the rest of us talking about the lower prices that we were able to obtain.
Keep the faith Leon.

Lou

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
The price raise is now reflected on the portal when you log-in to your account and download your order summary pdf file. The Order tab still shows the old price but the pdf has the new base model price listed (approx. 10% rise). German website that is.Higher in Australia !

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-ne...e-rises-detailed-orders-bank-out-to-late-2023
Yes. The price rise only applies to people paying their deposit from today onwards. If you have already paid your deposit (whether you have signed a contract or not) the original price still applies.
And you can amened your order/spec without penalty. Closer to 15% increase in Australia

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have no regrets paying the deposit and buying sight unseen (well I have seen and sat in a prototype)
I run with my gut instincts and that's served me well for 60 years!
Only time will tell if the iron horse kicks me in the face. But I think we will have a good life together!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have no regrets paying the deposit and buying sight unseen (well I have seen and sat in a prototype)
I run with my gut instincts and that's served me well for 60 years!
Only time will tell if the iron horse kicks me in the face. But I think we will have a good life together!
Worked for you a Mrs Tassieman

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Righto - configurator seems to be sorted.
New price $122.9k.
That’s $14k and nearly 13% more than the beginning of the week.
just unlucky timing... sorry to hear this
On a vehicle we haven’t seen or driven, from a brand new untested marque
exciting isn't it! all in the same boat

“just send us $5k and cause you should trust us and if you don’t like it we’ll give you back your money sometime”.
an immediately refundable deposit no questions asked... I think that's pretty reasonable of Ineos (they carry all the risk)

Hope you get what you want, Toyota, Ineos or otherwise... (are Toyota even taking orders for the LC?). Anyway no easy options at the moment, good luck

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's interesting to go through the configurator now and see what the differences are now, things have changed quite a bit.
You can now Option Carpet flooring for a cost, although it doesn't come standard on the Fieldmaster any longer.
The front tow mounting plate was $620, now is $1320 - Thats a steep price rise.
Small % increase across the board on everything.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's interesting to go through the configurator now and see what the differences are now, things have changed quite a bit.
You can now Option Carpet flooring for a cost, although it doesn't come standard on the Fieldmaster any longer.
I’m pretty sure carpet flooring was always optional on the Fieldmaster. It’s carpet mats that were (and still are) standard.

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure carpet flooring was always optional on the Fieldmaster. It’s carpet mats that were (and still are) standard.
I can confirm, have ordered a Fieldmaster and carpet as an extra. It was written here somewhere on the forum carpet would not be an option any longer. In the contract I received yesterday the carpet is still mentioned. We'll see...

edit: carpet = carpet flooring

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I can confirm, have ordered a Fieldmaster and carpet as an extra. It was written here somewhere on the forum carpet would not be an option any longer. In the contract I received yesterday the carpet is still mentioned. We'll see...

edit: carpet = carpet flooring
The carpet delete was for the commercial versions as I recall. Probably not tough enough for hardcore commercial use.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Righto - configurator seems to be sorted.
New price $122.9k.
That’s $14k and nearly 13% more than the beginning of the week.

On a vehicle we haven’t seen or driven, from a brand new untested marque, with an undoubtedly a brilliant concept but a “just send us $5k and cause you should trust us and if you don’t like it we’ll give you back your money sometime”.

Surely I’m not the only one thinking this stinks?

Talk about winding you up and then kicking you back to earth.
Early orders in OZ included LCT so the pricing was very similar to what the pricing is now (post price rise) without the LCT. When I first placed my deposit I was up for $120,396, same config now is $118,110. It was a a good deal at $120,396 which I was more than willing to pay, it is still a good deal today at $118,110.

Prices for this vehicle and its direct competitors are only going to go one way as material costs & demand keep rising.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah OK, just let me moan for a litwhile will you 😂😂😂

Let’s just see how this new “old” bus drives and looks in the flesh in December hey, then I’ll scheme how I can justify this overpriced junket to my often overthinking brain of mine.

That said, I’m sure when I pick mine up in 10-12 months from now I’ll be comfortable in the fact that mine doesn’t have any of the first production run problems that you lot will have gone through in your much cheaper versions.

😂😂😂😂😂

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll be comfortable in the fact that mine doesn’t have any of the first production run problems that you lot will have gone through in your much cheaper versions.
We'll get it all fixed under warranty - and still have the spare $10k+ in the back pocket :D

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I asked if the front tow was wired for the winch and they were unsure

Back
Top Bottom