The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Press Kit

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone heard a good rationale for why the US market is so limited? I recall the statement made by the IA NA rep saying “because BMW will not certify the B57 for North America, we can not use it”. With all the diesel shenanigans I can understand a little of that, but seriously? I will always try to put myself in the manufacturer's shoes to try to understand, but it isn’t entirely logical that one of their biggest potential markets is constrained like this. Even considering the silly chicken tax and diesel scandal; we should have better choices
The decision was BMW dropped the EPA certification for the B57. The rationale was not enough ppl were buying BMW Diesel which forced deep discounts on cars. In reality not, enough people were buying European diesel engines.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
The decision was BMW dropped the EPA certification for the B57. The rationale was not enough ppl were buying BMW Diesel which forced deep discounts on cars. In reality not, enough people were buying European diesel engines.
I think that decision was made even easier considering just how much more expensive diesel is over petrol now. It’s been like $1.40 more per gallon.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
Strange the warranty is different in Australia to the rest of the world
View attachment 7803114
They may be one of the few companies that have actually read and comprehend the Australian Consumer Law. Any voluntary warranty they offer is notional, the pricing and positioning of the vehicle and its accessories would suggest 5 years plus is a minimum reasonable amount of time they should last.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
They may be one of the few companies that have actually read and comprehend the Australian Consumer Law. Any voluntary warranty they offer is notional, the pricing and positioning of the vehicle and its accessories would suggest 5 years plus is a minimum reasonable amount of time they should last.
Yes
I know numerous companies that have warranty based on date of manufacture
That is against Australian law.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes
I know numerous companies that have warranty based on date of manufacture
That is against Australian law.
Aust. Warranty is based on date of first registration...which is why some consumers got rightly "angry" a while back when a certain new car dealers pre-registered a heap of stock to meet their annual sales targets... the cars didn't actually sell for a few months...but the factory warranty clock was already ticking....🤬

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Aust. Warranty is based on date of first registration...which is why some consumers got rightly "angry" a while back when a certain new car dealers pre-registered a heap of stock to meet their annual sales targets... the cars didn't actually sell for a few months...but the factory warranty clock was already ticking....🤬
Australian consumer rights states the following

Does warranty start from purchase date or delivery date?

The warranty begins on the day you take delivery of the vehicle. That start date applies whether you lease or buy your new vehicle, meaning you're covered by that new-vehicle warranty from day one.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom