The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power Socket Shutdown Warning

4x4Brick #1561

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
This warning message has popped up and stayed on most of the day through multiple startups. Warning comes on and off intermittently. Did a internet search, pdf manual search and this forum search. Found the same warning on the forum as an aside but not description of what it was for, which power socket and what's the fix. Anyone have any insight into the warning?
20240324_175310.jpg

Reactions: PBD

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
What power ports does you car have? It can vary depending on the model and accessories selected.

I assume USB ports in the centre console, what about a 12v fridge socket in the back?

I agree, the warning is of no help.

Either speak to the dealer or start looking for loose wires in each circuit and check the fuses. Look at fuses FC21, FC22 and F23 for starters.

When the warning is showing, which power circuit is not working?

ineos-cockpit-fuse-box-2-jpg.7810538

Last edited:

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
This warning message has popped up and stayed on most of the day through multiple startups. Warning comes on and off intermittently. Did a internet search, pdf manual search and this forum search. Found the same warning on the forum as an aside but not description of what it was for, which power socket and what's the fix. Anyone have any insight into the warning?
View attachment 7849619
Have had the same warning - I did notice that one of my auxiliary switches on the overhead panel was was on, but not a certain correlation. Hasn't appeared for a few weeks now?

Reactions: PBD

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Have had the same warning - I did notice that one of my auxiliary switches on the overhead panel was was on, but not a certain correlation. Hasn't appeared for a few weeks now?
I was getting the error message also and had a switch turned on with nothing plugged in. Turned it off, no more warning.

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
I was getting the error message also and had a switch turned on with nothing plugged in. Turned it off, no more warning.
Glad it wasn't just me - sounds like this is the cause & remedy then.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
NATO socket shutting down at 51 mph ???

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Forum for the Win! Overhead switch was on - interior aux switch with nothing connected to it. Inadvertently switch on. Turned it off, no more warning.
INEOS please fix the Alert message to the tell the driver something meaningful.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
INEOS please fix the Alert message to the tell the driver something meaningful.
What I would like is to be able to use my phone or some other plug-in device to transfer data to my Agent remotely...Pacemakers and ICDs can send information wirelessly to Doctors and then you visit them and they wave a magnetic wand over you to make adjustments...WOW!(y)

Frequently Asked Questions About Pacemakers and ...​

Some devices may need to be adjusted if your medical condition or lifestyle changes. Most adjustments are done using a device called a programmer. This is a specialized computer that communicates with the pacemaker or ICD using magnetic signals via a "wand" or loop placed over your chest where the device is implanted. Your doctor will instruct you about the schedule of follow-up visits you should keep based on your condition and type of device. You may have an assessment using a monitor and telephone line or an internet connection on a periodic basis. Most current ICDs and some pacemakers can now be followed remotely. This means the device can wirelessly transmit data to your doctor.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
What power ports does you car have? It can vary depending on the model and accessories selected.

I assume USB ports in the centre console, what about a 12v fridge socket in the back?

I agree, the warning is of no help.

Either speak to the dealer or start looking for loose wires in each circuit and check the fuses. Look at fuses FC21, FC22 and F23 for starters.

When the warning is showing, which power circuit is not working?

ineos-cockpit-fuse-box-2-jpg.7810538

If it’s a USB overload then it tells you specifically. (at least on my24 USA vehicles) There’s also an instruction dialogue to unplug everything. It doesn’t reset until you do.

Charging a usb power bank, Laptop, iPad and phone tripped it.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's good to know, thanks.

It would be nice to have a manual of the Infotainment Alerts - you can download. I can daydream I suppose. Maybe we should start a thread on known Alerts:
- High Tyre pressure alert triggered at 42 psi;
- Lost connection to Tyre sensor alert (random, probably caused by a software bug);
- USB overload;
- Power socket shutdown alert;
- ADAS alerts in a separate thread.

Last edited:

AWo

Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
What I would like is to be able to use my phone or some other plug-in device to transfer data to my Agent remotely...Pacemakers and ICDs can send information wirelessly to Doctors and then you visit them and they wave a magnetic wand over you to make adjustments...WOW!(y)
Huh...bad topic.

In a few weeks UN-ECE 155 will become mandatory. That defines IT security regulations for over-the-air stuff and hacker attacks. That will kick off some pretty modern cars from the market.

To name a few which will disappear or have already because it was decided not to update them so they fulfill the requirements:
VW Bus T6.1
VW Up
Porsche Macan (combustion)
Smart EQ fortwo
Renault Zoe

Regarding the performance of Ineos and car software I assume it was a good decision not to do things over the air....they might have seen a hard stop when UN-ECE 155 applies in summer.

AWo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom