The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Possible Owner

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
Hopefully some BMW techs have made their way into IA dealerships as employees - the driveline will be quite familiar to them. I think this is one advantage with dealership groups that include BMW dealers - even if those techs don't switch brands, they are an easy resource to tap for any engine/trans issues.
Knauz dealership (servicing Chicagoland since 1934) - Ineos, BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes, Mini, Sprinter, etc.
BMW service bays are strategically adjacent (50') from INEOS showroom/facility

Mjolnirs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Hello All,
Its great that we are all essentially "noobs" here. When was the last time I got to join a group of a vehicle that literally just launched (and a new manufacturer)! I've always been involved with vintage enthusiast groups and I remember first joining various car forums and feeling like an infant for the first year. I guess we all learn together starting now.

I've owned 3 ROW Defender 110s and have been a member of DefenderSource (under same name) since 2010ish, which predates their AOL email group days, but is old enough to have some cred and free perks, LOL.

Looking forward to getting to know the Grenadier a bit before making a $$$$ commitment. Coming from daily driving an ROW 300TDi Defender in the past, I'm sure the Grenadier will seem like a Rolls Royce in terms of comfort and noise, so I'm not really that concerned with its "quirks", as that is a big part of the appeal to me. The "quirks" should keep the Grenadier from achieving the stigma attached to the G-Wags and will keep any Kardashian away from ownership.

So far, I love the commitment to keeping it open-source and serviceable.

I'm hesitant to get excited about ANYTHING BMW these days, but I suppose its better than anything made by JLR, so I'm cautiously optimistic regarding the BMW engine and all the plastic bits that break, crack or freeze after 50,000 miles.

Have an appointment with KO Ineos this week to learn more, so with any luck maybe I'll convert to an owner?

Anyway, nice to meet yall !
😎👍 Hope it goes well.

Back
Top Bottom