The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pizza Cutters?

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
After taking delivery yesterday, I made it a point to swap out to my tire style of preference ASAP...the mighty Pizza Cutter!

I went with Toyo Open Country AT3s in a 255/80-17...aesthetically I think they really suit the stock suspension and wheel well of the Grenadier perfectly. Im not saying this is what IA should have done from the factory, but Im glad the vehicle geometry was so easily accommodating of this size tire (are you listening Toyota :rolleyes:)

Sorry for the massive photo dump, but I figured for those interested there is not such a thing as too many angles...

Attachments

• tempImagem76wuW.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 130
  • tempImageyvT56k.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 101
  • tempImageXsRiDK.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 96
  • tempImagekVfLTN.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 91
  • tempImageIrYU2m.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 74
  • tempImageOQASTF.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 80
  • tempImage57FqpH.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 74
  • tempImageeGoSv0.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 63
  • tempImageBgdQUM.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 73
  • tempImageSSEwsC.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 80
  • tempImage5tmbLv.jpg
    tempImage5tmbLv.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • tempImagemiPMCE.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 81
  • tempImagewzYgX6.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 85

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After taking delivery yesterday, I made it a point to swap out to my tire style of preference ASAP...the mighty Pizza Cutter!

I went with Toyo Open Country AT3s in a 255/80-17...aesthetically I think they really suit the stock suspension and wheel well of the Grenadier perfectly. Im not saying this is what IA should have done from the factory, but Im glad the vehicle geometry was so easily accommodating of this size tire (are you listening Toyota :rolleyes:)

Sorry for the massive photo dump, but I figured for those interested there is not such a thing as too many angles...
These plus the 30 mm lift seem ideal for me.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score

I think this is the tire size the Grenadier was designed for ...I have my brand choice narrowed down to 2. Now I just need my Grenadier!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I keep trying to convince myself not to buy these and the 30-40mm lift springs that are out there. The only thing stopping me is they aren’t radials, they are bias ply. I had LTBs 15 years ago on a jeep and they were good, but always took a few minutes to warm up into shape each morning, and I can only imagine the added road noise these make. For anyone unfamiliar, LTB is Super Swampers line of odd sizes, wider or narrower than normal. View attachment 7845420
Super swampers were always popular among the "mud boggin'" crowd in North Florida where I grew up. Not surprised to see your location!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did somebody order pizza? Falken Wildpeak AT3W @ 255/80/17 all around. By my measuring tape, the spare is 8 inches of tread and 33 inches in diameter. Plenty of sidewall cushin for the pushin & room to air down.

1709761426307.png
1709761444909.png
1709761460945.png

Last edited:

j3t3r

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So did you end up doing any lift ? You had mentioned previously a 30mm lift ? I’m guessing that’s something different than the spring kit that’s available ?
So far, no lift. I'm waiting to see if OME develops anything in the 1-2 inch range.

Barring that, I might be interested in the Eibach 30mm lift and an aftermarket shock, but have not looked into it at all. So far, just enjoying what I've got.

DaveKop

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
These plus the 30 mm lift seem ideal for me.
Agreed! I went Toyo OpenCountry AT3 in 255/70 R18 with the Eibach 30mm lift kit.
Should be all done by end of April, will report back.

No aftermarket shocks yet, I will wait a bit longer. The spring upgrade is fairly straight forward, I am way more cautious about shocks as tuning them right can be a real pain... I actually find the stock shocks decent, the car mostly feels a bit undersprung, especially loaded like mine is most of the time.

Bildeaux

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
I am going about it the other way. Going to install the 30mm springs this weekend and figure out what tire will fit. I know that a 34" will fit with the lift, I am curious if anyone has stuffed a 35" on yet.

Migs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
255/85r17
That looks great -fills out the wheel well nicely, though looks like there might not be a whole lot of extra room in there?
I'm assuming no lift added?
have you experienced any rubbing at all?

Local time
Reaction score
That looks great -fills out the wheel well nicely, though looks like there might not be a whole lot of extra room in there?
I'm assuming no lift added?
have you experienced any rubbing at all?
Eibach lift springs

Back
Top Bottom