The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pickup / Chassis

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Hello out there. I have ordered a SW and have also put in a request for a pickup or chassis. I have also had several phone exchanges regarding this. Unfortunately they could not tell me much about this yet. I was asked for patience. Do any of you already have more information on this?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
...to add. I made the request whether it is possible to mount a drive shaft on the gearbox for PTO. Should someone also deal with this, please let me know. Thanks.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
The Grenadier is by no means a tractor, it doesn't even come close. The focus is more on mobility as opposed to mechanical versatility like the Unimog - which can vitually propel anything from a kitchen mixer to a coal excavator.

In this respect I don't think that the Grenadier will ever resemble the Land Rover.

But just my 2 ct, I might be wrong.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got hints that the grenadier maybe will be modified for more universal use.
Incidentally, I now use a PTO on my Defender to power a circular saw and a log splitter.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the meantime many of you have joined this forum. Therefore I ask again: Has anyone else signed up for a pick-up too?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=rovie rovie userid=8990308 postid=1332691790]In the meantime many of you have joined this forum. Therefore I ask again: Has anyone else signed up for a pick-up too?[/QUOTE]

Haven't signed up for a pickup as personally.

The SW will be ideal for me, and ill keep track of the progress of other models but will probably stick with the wagon regardless of what's released

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Spjnr. It seems that the focus of the customers is not on the Pick-up. I have already ordered also a SW but I am very interested in the Pick-Up too.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
rovie said:
Thanks a lot Spjnr. It seems that the focus of the customers is not on the Pick-up. I have already ordered also a SW but I am very interested in the Pick-Up too.

Like anything, once it's unveiled it will probably garner lots more attention. 

For comparison, I wonder how well the jeep gladiator did for FCA? My thoughts is that it probably took as many sales away from wrangler as it did from competing pickups.... which isn't great for Jeep. That's why Ford pulled the plug on the Bronco pickup aswell. 

For a low volume manufacturer like INEOS, that would be a big issue 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
No 1 selling vehicle of any type in Australia is a dual cab Ute/pickup. 
I previously owned a Mazda BT50 But my wife and I discussed it and decided we didn’t want a Ute again.
It was great in the past but not now.
I think anyone who really wants one will wait. 
I bet the website will be going live with looking for a deposit in August for a 2024 delivery 
But that’s a total guess 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm currently using an older hilux, great solid truck, but very underpowered for towing and high revving on the motorway. Also when camping, the back isn't super useful only having one entrance. You have to climb in the back to reach the furthest stuff. 

I think the cargo capacity of the Grenadier utility 5 seat is plenty for me, and I've got trailers for hauling anything bigger. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a brand new Toyota Hilux LE Extra cab back in 1980??? And it had a button on the dash you had to push to overtake.

It turned off the aircon.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I had a brand new Toyota Hilux LE Extra cab back in 1980??? And it had a button on the dash you had to push to overtake.

It turned off the aircon.

Overtaking manoeuvres have to be planned at least 24 hours in advance

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
I want the pickup so I can have the longer wheelbase SW.  

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
A pick up would suit my needs more probably 15% of the time tbh. I currently run an Amarok and it’s great for getting guns in etc something I don’t think the IG will do without the seat being dropped. Trouble is they are a very big vehicle for the UK roads and bigger than the IG. As already mentioned there is nothing worse than having to crawl into the back of a pick-up (with a canopy) to drag the stuff out of the very back. Without a canopy they are not that much use for me so that is essential. I could hang on to see what they are like but there is always a risk that they won’t appear. The new defender was supposed to be having a long wheelbase and a pick-up…..where are they at the minute ?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Shaky said:
A pick up would suit my needs more probably 15% of the time tbh. I currently run an Amarok and it’s great for getting guns in etc something I don’t think the IG will do without the seat being dropped. Trouble is they are a very big vehicle for the UK roads and bigger than the IG. As already mentioned there is nothing worse than having to crawl into the back of a pick-up (with a canopy) to drag the stuff out of the very back. Without a canopy they are not that much use for me so that is essential. I could hang on to see what they are like but there is always a risk that they won’t appear. The new defender was supposed to be having a long wheelbase and a pick-up…..where are they at the minute ?
I posted yesterday some pictures of the pickup/long wheel base being road tested being road tested so I think it is pretty much a sure thing it is on the way
https://www.theineosforum.com/post/pickup-prototype-pictures-12361453?pid=1332709584

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I registered interest in the Pickup as well.  I have a feeling that my wife is going to like the wagon more than she thinks and I don't want her leaving me with a Subaru.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=rovie userid=8990308 postid=1332663622]Hello out there. I have ordered a SW and have also put in a request for a pickup or chassis. I have also had several phone exchanges regarding this. Unfortunately they could not tell me much about this yet. I was asked for patience. Do any of you already have more information on this?[/QUOTE]

I'm not interested in the pick-up as the bed is too short for my needs. However, I am interested in the Long Wheelbase (LWB) Station Wagon (SW) - which will be built on the pick-up chassis (presuming it actually is built). The LWB SW is the perfect vehicle for my intended use.

Back
Top Bottom