The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Picking up tomorrow

SQF1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
I pick up the Gren tomorrow. Rented a car to drive down (5 hours), pick up, drop off the rental and wander home through the wilds of Pennsylvania with wife and youngest child. I just ordered the Tougher seat covers. I have to wait to order the hitch extender for my bike rack until I can measure how far the tire sticks out the back. I'm getting excited. The company I work for bought this to replace my 2018 Sierra. I've seen much discussion about the Grens on dealer lots that nobody would buy. I'm the guy that got lucky that the Gren was on the lot! I don't need lockers all around, no safari, its a base model with alloy wheels (which I don't really want), heated seats (ditto), "premium sound" (which now I know I could've done myself better and cheaper), trailer hitch (must have) Other than that its as base model as you can get. I can't wait to get it out onto some worksites.

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats and enjoy the drive home!

SQF1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
150 miles down. It’s been great. I know the internet is going to internet so I was curious if I’d hate the ADAS, wind noise, loud circ fan, terrible sound system, sketchy steering etc etc etc I’ve been reading about.

Steering did take about 15 minutes to adjust to. Wind noise at 80mph about same as my hardtop Wrangler. ADAS isn’t bad with speed warning disabled which really is a few seconds to turn off. Sound system is way better than my current Sierra work truck.
HVAC fan isn’t any louder than any other normal vehicle. Our LR4 and my BMW are noticeably better/ quieter but that’s not what I expected from the Gren. I’m very happy.
Two things I did notice, turning radius is way larger than I expected. I also must tint the windows as the display is useless in full sun with all the glare. Wish I could tilt the screen towards driver, nobody else needs to see the info on the screen and it would reduce glare a lot. I can’t see the gps map but get a lovely view of the rear passenger window and headliner! Tint should mitigate that and I’ll get used to turning radius as time goes by.

Back
Top Bottom