The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Parts availability

Spaniel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if other owners have had issues with parts availability from Ineos.
It has taken 3 weeks for parts to arrive from Ineos and to be fitted. I hope to finally pick up my vehicle today.
4 weeks off the road.
1 week to get the vehicle back to the agent and for them to diagnose the issue.
But 3 weeks to get Steering control module and fixing bolts
Not what i was expecting from Ineos and the promises of parts within 24hrs.
I expected some issues and bugs with a new vehicle, but i bought the Grenadier as a work toll and 4 weeks without is questioning my faith in support from Ineos.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am not sure if it's just me but my car has been at the dealership for coming up for 3 weeks to fit a new Aircon hose or pipe. They apparently are still waiting on the part. Originally they said 3 or 4 days so I left the vehicle with them but it's now becoming inconvenient. 😡

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
I think the moral of the story is, with the current situation unless the vehicle is incapacitated or there is a safety concern never leave your car at a dealers awaiting parts. Just drive away and wait for the call.

I know that there are lots of comments about lack of service manual, but the other IA promise seems to have been forgotten about….remember the super hubs for parts, where things could be dispatched and sent all over Europe and the ROW in 48hrs 😂

Out of interest were these claims made on April 1st ??

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the moral of the story is, with the current situation unless the vehicle is incapacitated or there is a safety concern never leave your car at a dealers awaiting parts. Just drive away and wait for the call.

I know that there are lots of comments about lack of service manual, but the other IA promise seems to have been forgotten about….remember the super hubs for parts, where things could be dispatched and sent all over Europe and the ROW in 48hrs 😂

Out of interest were these claims made on April 1st ??
I will wait until next Tuesday and if the parts are surface if not I will get the car back and wait as you suggest. On the plus side I am getting fit riding my bike. Perhaps this is why Ineos have a cycling team, it's probably made up of Grenadier owners awaiting for there cars to be repaired. 🤣

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... Ineos spares warehouse located in Belgium, please don't blame us 😱 :cry:
They need two pipes or hoses to carry out the repair, one is in stock at the dealership the other is coming from Europe and costs £689 . The warranty will cover this but parts are very expensive. It must be an amazing hose pipe for that money. 🤡🤡

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Parts availability for many brands is currently terrible - JLR and Mercedes are using secondhand and parts culled from the parking lots to get customers running.

Back in 2001, when my wife's Beetle Cabriolet needed a new hood, it took 8 weeks to source one from American Sun Roof Company, the OEM.

Complain by all means, but the grass is not always greener.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They need two pipes or hoses to carry out the repair, one is in stock at the dealership the other is coming from Europe and costs £689 . The warranty will cover this but parts are very expensive. It must be an amazing hose pipe for that money. 🤡🤡
Would this explain why insurance is so expensive at the moment. I can’t imagine how much it would cost out of warranty.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will wait until next Tuesday and if the parts are surface if not I will get the car back and wait as you suggest. On the plus side I am getting fit riding my bike. Perhaps this is why Ineos have a cycling team, it's probably made up of Grenadier owners awaiting for there cars to be repaired. 🤣
Getting the car might not be that easy. They may have stripped the old part out, plus the ancillary bits that where necessary to get the defective part out. They may not be keen to put it back together just to re strip it again.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Parts availability for many brands is currently terrible - JLR and Mercedes are using secondhand and parts culled from the parking lots to get customers running.

Back in 2001, when my wife's Beetle Cabriolet needed a new hood, it took 8 weeks to source one from American Sun Roof Company, the OEM.

Complain by all means, but the grass is not always greener.
Agree. Last year, I had to wait 2 months for a timing belt from JLR. That is a service stock item. The dealer told me that they have a lot of standard service items on back order to replenish their small stock, and had upped their stock numbers to offset further delays.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm another member of that cycling team. Not the world tour team, the "IG is VOR" cycling team.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Will parts cost be a show stopper to keeping a Grenadier once the car is out of warranty?

I really hope that isn’t the case and by that time, parts across the board are more available and the aftermarket has kicked in as well. Here’s hoping anyway.

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
Will parts cost be a show stopper to keeping a Grenadier once the car is out of warranty?
It’s not just parts out of warranty, but what about body parts after an accident? As the vehicle depreciates, at what point will your insurance company decide to “total” a repairable vehicle due to cost/availability of parts, and pay you the used price value? Insurance companies have been increasingly doing this ever since Covid and it hasn’t slowed down.

Hopefully for those unlucky few where this happens, they won’t be left holding the bag with negative equity.

Back
Top Bottom