The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

order update

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
Regarding the ineos official order update saying builds are delayed by one or two months has anybody's build date on the website changed?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
I asked the same question the week after the anouncment. To me it seems that nobodys production date has been changed till now.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
Regarding the ineos official order update saying builds are delayed by one or two months has anybody's build date on the website changed?
Hi beg, no change.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On their FAQ it reads as of today [https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/gb/support]:
"Grenadier production will begin in September, ramping up to full production of customer vehicles in the following months. Customer deliveries will start soon after."
"We will continue to provide opportunities to see the Grenadier as part of our global programme throughout 2022. However we will have a fleet of demonstrators to conduct test drives via our Retail Agents from October onwards - by which time we will be building customer vehicles to order.
Consequently, deferring your order placement until after your test drive will mean a later delivery."

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I must say it would be nice to actually drive one. Can't say I'd feel too great spending >60k and not having experienced a test drive in one.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just got an E-Mail from Ineos to recheck whether I want to change something or not.

"Hello xxx,

unfortunately we could not reach you to give you the opportunity to make changes to your configuration.

If you don't want to change your order, we would still appreciate a short reply to this mail to confirm your current order.

If you want to make changes, please let us know the specifications you want to change to by following these steps:

1. visit: https://ineosgrenadier.com/de/de/das-fahrzeug/fahrzeugkonfigurator

2. please create your desired vehicle specification on the website:
3. download a PDF copy of the new configuration:
4. save your PDF under "order_number_last_name" (e.g. 12345678_Schmidt).

5. send your configuration as attachment to an email to customerservice@ineosgreandier.com
You will receive an automatic email in reply from us confirming that we have received your new configuration as a PDF. We will then make the necessary changes to your order.

We will hurry so that you can see your order changes in your account as soon as possible. We ask you to be patient.

All the best,

Your Grenadier Team "

1660921298749.png

So at least they have not forgotten me :)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Great news, congratulations!

Thank you for sharing with us! (y)

Good luck!

Last edited:

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got this mail also. No, they have not forgotten my wish from end of July to receive a confirmation of my changes from June.

But these morons made a typo in the link of the address where to send the updated configuration, the mail cannot be send via the link. 😡
You have to correct it manually.

I'm getting a bit grumpy and wish they could get their customer service under control. Friendly voices on the other end of the phone line are not enough, everything needs to be a little more professional and speedy.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got this mail also. No, they have not forgotten my wish from end of July to receive a confirmation of my changes from June.

But these morons made a typo in the link of the address where to send the updated configuration, the mail cannot be send via the link. 😡
You have to correct it manually.

I'm getting a bit grumpy and wish they could get their customer service under control. Friendly voices on the other end of the phone line are not enough, everything needs to be a little more professional and speedy.
Yes you are right. I did not write about my phone call to make clear that I ado not wish to make any changes.
„Perfect, I note this. You don’t have to worry…“
And now I got this mail…
But, to be honest, I feel better now because I received a sign of life from them.
Don’t know whether you do understand.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
After an INEOS employee sent me the changed configuration as a PDF two days ago, another employee called today - unaware of his colleague's activity - and wanted to discuss the changes.

Changing gasoline to diesel worked, also the change from rockslider to side-step.

Very friendly, helpful contact. They will be in touch again with details of contract and delivery time.

Totally OT, but after the good news from INEOS today, also my Defender got TÜV (Technical Inspection Authority) today. Okay, with 2016 build date that should not be a challenge - stressful were only the conversions that were inspected but not yet entered in the vehicle registration. In case anyone is wondering: German bureaucracy - but serves the safety on our roads.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The changed configuration had been send in June right after the conversation with the friendly german speaking guy from the service. But it did not show up in my account as promised. Seems to me as if their case reference tracking system is not really reliable. Twice I had 2 references for 1 inquirery, none for 2 calls from me, 2 calls from them without any action from me, and now there are 2 mails from them for returning my order confirmation. Did not change anything. Wonder if this last configuration will finally show up in my account.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> Seems to me as if their case reference tracking system is not really reliable.

There is a whole lot to be done. I could tell stories - but won't until my cases are solved.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just got an E-Mail from Ineos to recheck whether I want to change something or not.

"Hello xxx,

unfortunately we could not reach you to give you the opportunity to make changes to your configuration.

If you don't want to change your order, we would still appreciate a short reply to this mail to confirm your current order.

If you want to make changes, please let us know the specifications you want to change to by following these steps:
So did you get the earlier email that said to click the button to make changes; and then clicked the button? or

Did you get the earlier email that said to click the button to make changes; and then didn't click the button as you had no changes to make

I'm unclear.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@Cavaleiro
congrats to your TÜV. (y)

> In case anyone is wondering: German bureaucracy
I always thought that Germany has the worst bureaucracy in the world.

It's not. Not by far!

I worked in Italy for twelve years. They top any bureaucracy you can imagine. Just an example: Selling a used (!) car requires a notary ... (!!) 😲

Too much to tell. If we once meet anywhere, maybe at a Grenadier meeting or so, I'll have some entertaining stories from Italy. Not only concerning bureaucracy.

But one thing to note: People in Europe believe Italy has few regulations. Nothing could be more wrong. Their regulations are insane.
But the Italian way of life is anyway really relaxed. How can that be?

Well, they simply don't care about the regulations. 🙃

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So did you get the earlier email that said to click the button to make changes; and then clicked the button? or

Did you get the earlier email that said to click the button to make changes; and then didn't click the button as you had no changes to make

I'm unclear.
The first one
I clicked the button to see how I possibly could change if I wanted to.
But that’s it. If you pushed the button there was the notification that they will get in contact with me.
I replied that everything was ok but the tried to call me from at least two maybe three different numbers.
I called back an English one an I have been answered by a nice guy who told me that he would inform his manager that I don’t want any changes. I woul get my contract within two weeks…🤩
That was mid of July.
Today I have got the mail above…

Understandable now?

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks ~ yes.

Still scratching my head at how Ineos are doing this and wondering why nobody spoke up when this was proposed as the best way to engage with new customers...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people are trying to contact them.
Ok if you are near your build date and need to make a final change before you sign the contract.
I realise there could be more information on the website but some of the questions people are asking you would not even get a response from most manufacturers.
MB, BMW, Toyota etc just try asking them who makes the shock absorbers, what are the spring rates, how thick is the paint etc etc.
Let alone placing an order and trying to change a configuration( more than once in many cases)
On a local Facebook page someone complained that they phoned to speak with the Asia Pacific Manager for Ineos and he wasn't available. Probably wanted to ask how thick the leather was on the hand brake handle.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, at least in my case the contact always started on Ineos side.
I just want the car

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people are trying to contact them.

I realise there could be more information on the website

I think you have the whole answer right there.

Taking the spring rates as an example (as I've actually asked that!):

1. We had people going to tour events and saying that fitting a winch would be accompanied by "upgraded" suspension;

2. When Customer Service lines opened, we had several people be told fitting the winch would not change the suspension;

3. Then Justin Hocevar posted that there would be 3 different sets of springs depending on specification;

4. And lastly our forum agent has got the answer that there will be 5 different levels of spring you can have.

Where do you go from there?

You dig down a level of detail and try and find out the actual spring rates, one because it is genuinely useful to know (what technical/workshop manual for this type of vehicle wouldn't quote then? ) and two because in asking the question you hope the person ultimately answering is going to actually have to look up the answer rather than perhaps fire a random number back.

If the technical details do not exist to check then we're a lot further from production vehicles than we perhaps think we are.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had my official communication from Ineos saying my December build date will be delayed.

Back
Top Bottom