The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Options

Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
OKI do not have a need for a ladder.  I think it looks great but a hesitant about getting one, it almost seems like an invitation for idiots to climb on it in parking lots to be stupid or take pics for their social mediaRaised air intake, I understand its really needed when you cross streams but if this isn't something you anticipate doing are there any pros or cons to a raised air intake?The Safari windows are a must for me!I think Im going with the side runners as they make a good step for those who need it.Im doing the checker plate on front fenders as it just reminds me of the Rovers I used to dream about.I assume there is some radio in these?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
Ill be optioning the ladder, as my rooftent will be going straight on the Grenadier!

Love the Safari windows but its price dependant for me, as are many other options. only going to spec things id otherwise look to the aftermarket for, such as rock sliders and lockers.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
The Raised air intake was somewhere said not to be a real 'snorkel': not waterproof. So it's only good to protect from dust. But maybe a third party, real 'snorkel' was a better choice.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
I will be specking the ladder. For one it actually looks good and seems to visually complete the rear. But it also serves as a good mount point for a gas bottle or trash bag. 
The raised air intake is one of the things I didn’t like in the design of the vehicle. It doesn’t doesn’t look well integrated design wise. In any case it’s there for sucking in cleaner air from higher up. I’m sure the after market will step up here. 
The gullwings are something I’d like to get but contingent on price. I also don’t like the fact that they are solid which means it eats into the visibility while switching lanes and makes the space less airy. That being said it’s a good theft deterrent in keeping pry eyes away. 
I might actually get the rock sliders if they protrude enough to act as a step. Else wait for the aftermarket. The side runners are a bit too low for my liking. 

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
I like that you will be able to option one or both gullwing doors. So I will be putting one in the drivers side. Window in the passenger. Rock sliders typically aren't steps. I like the way these are designed just a little flair out towards the tires. My option choices will be price dependent. That said I would like to spec are things I can't add on my own after. IE. aux switches, lockers and those types of things. I was also told there are going to be multiple trim models, and after seeming the prototype I have to make sure I get a trim that does not have piano black gloss plastic inside. Lol. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
Safari windows are a must, at least I think so.  really interested in what Alucab does with a top which will determine if I get them or not.  Ladder is a must as I plan on bolting some vertical bike racks to it so the bikes swing away with the door.  Don't like the looks of the sliders or steps, I'll be seeing what the aftermarket comes up with.  I like the access window on the driver side but as others have said I think it will block some visibility on the passenger side so probably just the single for me.  Planning on pretty much all the mechanical options.  Is anyone offering a true "snorkel" factory?  Seems like they are all "raised air intakes".

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
Ladder is a must for me as the SUP board will be going on the roof and my wife is under 5 foot tall. 
The local guy said they will be able to fit most of the optional accessories and will be creating their own options as well. 
His suggestion was order it with the major options I need and just add the others over time once I have owned it for a while.

He also said it is definitely a "Raised air intake" not a snorkel. 

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think it will matter if you get the safari windows or not if you want to pursue Alucab. I believe they said they would cut out behind the roof support at the back of the front passengers. So fingers crossed both versions are a go.

AZGrenadier said:
Safari windows are a must, at least I think so.  really interested in what Alucab does with a top which will determine if I get them or not.  Ladder is a must as I plan on bolting some vertical bike racks to it so the bikes swing away with the door.  Don't like the looks of the sliders or steps, I'll be seeing what the aftermarket comes up with.  I like the access window on the driver side but as others have said I think it will block some visibility on the passenger side so probably just the single for me.  Planning on pretty much all the mechanical options.  Is anyone offering a true "snorkel" factory?  Seems like they are all "raised air intakes".

Local time
Reaction score
here In The US we were told to expect full options release and pricing on the website starting May 2022. 

Local time
Reaction score
We will see what aftermarket comes up with for snorkel/intake. They said raised air intake really helps with dust but doesn’t increase wading depth. Curious if you could just seal the intake with silicone.  
grenadierguy said:
I don't think it will matter if you get the safari windows or not if you want to pursue Alucab. I believe they said they would cut out behind the roof support at the back of the front passengers. So fingers crossed both versions are a go.

Local time
Reaction score
Elijah.hostetler said:
We will see what aftermarket comes up with for snorkel/intake. They said raised air intake really helps with dust but doesn’t increase wading depth. Curious if you could just seal the intake with silicone.  800 MM is the floating depth (I live near a ford snd see cars turn into boats on a regular basis)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
I would love to see the result of an insurance claim after driving into a metre deep water crossing and vehicle floating away 
" But I have a snorkel"

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I would love to see the result of an insurance claim after driving into a metre deep water crossing and vehicle floating away 
" But I have a snorkel"

Recommended technique is to first open the floor drain holes and drive slowly ;&lt?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
> raised air intake really helps with dust

It likely does. But with a cyclone filter on top, it made much more sense.  Youtube videos show massive collections of debris in such a cyclone, which can easily just be emptied out.

Back
Top Bottom