The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Online Konfigurator

Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
After coming across the pics of the double cab, I had to register my interest on the INEOS website. Needless to say, am now looking forward to what is going to happen, PR, marketing and sales-wise to start with. Having read numerous comments on INEOS´s unsatisfactory order and "expectation management" process, I thought, I'd check out the configurator for the wagon, I ´ll eventually have to configure the pickup after all.

What a nightmare ! Who the f*** is in charge of that ? A goof ? A lost Don Quijote ?

For gods sake, this is 2023 and even the French manufacturers (the worst with IT) are way more advanced. How can you possibly design a potential order process where you have to keep going back ? Once you've hit the wrong back button, you'll start over again. Imagine you go to a shop, and the staff keeps sending you back to to the different shelves instead of taking you by the hand, picking everything you desire..?..Even if you were to spent a few hundred bucks instead of 70k, you´d be leaving pretty soon without buying anything.

Now, its one thing to design a capable vehicle and line up partners from atop the industry, but it is another thing to sell vehicles, look after them and inspire confidence with your clients.

The entire process seems incredibly amateur´ish with INEOS, if that is not going to change soon, it'll cost an awful lot of money to rectify the mistakes. Maybe more, then one could swallow. Well, I hope not, eventually I'd like to have that pickup..:)

Sorry for he rant, but that's just ridiculous, I fully understand folks cancelling their order...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
After coming across the pics of the double cab, I had to register my interest on the INEOS website. Needless to say, am now looking forward to what is going to happen, PR, marketing and sales-wise to start with. Having read numerous comments on INEOS´s unsatisfactory order and "expectation management" process, I thought, I'd check out the configurator for the wagon, I ´ll eventually have to configure the pickup after all.

What a nightmare ! Who the f*** is in charge of that ? A goof ? A lost Don Quijote ?

For gods sake, this is 2023 and even the French manufacturers (the worst with IT) are way more advanced. How can you possibly design a potential order process where you have to keep going back ? Once you've hit the wrong back button, you'll start over again. Imagine you go to a shop, and the staff keeps sending you back to to the different shelves instead of taking you by the hand, picking everything you desire..?..Even if you were to spent a few hundred bucks instead of 70k, you´d be leaving pretty soon without buying anything.

Now, its one thing to design a capable vehicle and line up partners from atop the industry, but it is another thing to sell vehicles, look after them and inspire confidence with your clients.

The entire process seems incredibly amateur´ish with INEOS, if that is not going to change soon, it'll cost an awful lot of money to rectify the mistakes. Maybe more, then one could swallow. Well, I hope not, eventually I'd like to have that pickup..:)

Sorry for he rant, but that's just ridiculous, I fully understand folks cancelling their order...
I think this is where the dealer comes in.
Go into a dealership and sit with them and configure it with their help.
That's how I made my last minute changes and Ric from SLRV was very helpful and calm.
He made some good recommendations and saved me some money

Local time
Reaction score
I think this is where the dealer comes in.
Go into a dealership and sit with them and configure it with their help.
That's how I made my last minute changes and Ric from SLRV was very helpful and calm.
He made some good recommendations and saved me some money

Agreed, however, nowadays potential buyers are looking online, first thing. Dealers are closed in the evenings and most of the weekend, when "normal" folk have the time to look and check and consider. Enthusiasts would want to go to the dealer with a readyily configured truck to discuss further.

With all due respect to the massive task of putting a brand new 4x4 to work, that online configurator experience is a joke and the stories you read from buyers with their cs experience underline INEOS dilettante approach to sales and customer service - so far.

Now, if your man says "I don't care, it's gonna be the best 4x4 on the market, take it or leave it" that's fair enough, it´s his baby and his money. For an astute business man, that would be quite something nowadays, on such a scale, chapeau...but I'd doubt very much, that he'd say that.

Local time
Reaction score
Now this topic does not leave me alone..had to do a bit more research and found this statement from the Sales Director, Matt Dunnakey:

INEOS Automotive differs from existing OEMs by offering customers a disruptive, direct-to-consumer purchase and ownership experience.

“We wanted to give customers the choice of how much they wanted to see us, which means providing a full combination of digital and physical options,” said Matt Dunnakey, Global Head of Marketing at INEOS Automotive. “Customer convenience, parts availability, service quality: we are focusing on getting the basics right, giving customers the buying experience they want and the aftersales support they need. If preferred, customers in our main markets will be able to buy their Grenadier online, including organizing vehicle finance and handling any part exchanges. But we fully accept that most will want to try before they buy, for which having an extensive network on the ground is essential.”

The company needed to turn INEOS Automotive into a credible customer-facing brand and apply innovative, unorthodox thinking to create a unique, direct-to-customer purchase and ownership experience using a digital-first model. INEOS chose Sitecore as the foundation on which to build its digital experience platform.

Sitecore and INEOS failed amicably in their attempts...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Agreed, however, nowadays potential buyers are looking online, first thing. Dealers are closed in the evenings and most of the weekend, when "normal" folk have the time to look and check and consider. Enthusiasts would want to go to the dealer with a readyily configured truck to discuss further.

With all due respect to the massive task of putting a brand new 4x4 to work, that online configurator experience is a joke and the stories you read from buyers with their cs experience underline INEOS dilettante approach to sales and customer service - so far.

Now, if your man says "I don't care, it's gonna be the best 4x4 on the market, take it or leave it" that's fair enough, it´s his baby and his money. For an astute business man, that would be quite something nowadays, on such a scale, chapeau...but I'd doubt very much, that he'd say that.
The configurator should have been the easy part of ot all

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Now this topic does not leave me alone..had to do a bit more research and found this statement from the Sales Director, Matt Dunnakey:

INEOS Automotive differs from existing OEMs by offering customers a disruptive, direct-to-consumer purchase and ownership experience.

“We wanted to give customers the choice of how much they wanted to see us, which means providing a full combination of digital and physical options,” said Matt Dunnakey, Global Head of Marketing at INEOS Automotive. “Customer convenience, parts availability, service quality: we are focusing on getting the basics right, giving customers the buying experience they want and the aftersales support they need. If preferred, customers in our main markets will be able to buy their Grenadier online, including organizing vehicle finance and handling any part exchanges. But we fully accept that most will want to try before they buy, for which having an extensive network on the ground is essential.”

The company needed to turn INEOS Automotive into a credible customer-facing brand and apply innovative, unorthodox thinking to create a unique, direct-to-customer purchase and ownership experience using a digital-first model. INEOS chose Sitecore as the foundation on which to build its digital experience platform.

Sitecore and INEOS failed amicably in their attempts...
In an alternative reality:

Screenshot_20230120_103701.jpg

Back
Top Bottom