The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On the Road - Initial Thoughts

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
... everybody on metric instead of gallons or other gallons? And divided by 1,2345 or something like that or 3/5 or 7/8 or 11/13 ... oooh shit, I don't know anymore :eek:
All these backwards Merkins and confused Brits need to get with the modern world and just use metric. They can’t even agree on which version of anachronism they want to use. The dinosaurs are extinct.

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
All these backwards Merkins and confused Brits need to get with the modern world and just use metric. They can’t even agree on which version of anachronism they want to use. The dinosaurs are extinct.
Maybe the Modern World is rushing towards the cliff edge and the “Merkins and Confused Brits” realise the danger and appear to be in near chaos as they realise the mess we’re in and try to change direction.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
Maybe the Modern World is rushing towards the cliff edge and the “Merkins and Confused Brits” realise the danger and appear to be in near chaos as they realise the mess we’re in and try to change direction.
The first part I do understand. You might be right. But the second part…
🤔

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Those who use metric are more likely to accurately know where the edge of the cliff is.

B7TRR

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Took delivery Saturday of a Grenadier Utility Petrol and have now driven 170 miles home plus 30 miles locally. Key points:

1) Very smooth on the road - relaxing, quiet (no rattles and little wind or road noise) and easy to drive.
2) Steering as expected with its rugged old school design is in my view ‘spongy’ and requires concentration at high speed. Cornering is very good compared to G-Wagens and Landrovers. This doesn’t feel like driving a shed when you come to a chicane. I’ve yet to test the limits though.
3) Brakes are excellent
4) Vision is good through mirrors and side windows. Rear vision via door is poor as expected.
5) MPG of 24 on run of 170 miles at between 50 and 70 mph
6) “The Bulge under my left foot” - At over 6ft once I’d adjusted the steering and seat was fine - perhaps not perfect but not worth worrying about
7) Windscreen wipers - Not an issue
8) Engine - terrific - quiet, powerful and always responsive. Surprisingly nippy at overtaking (can’t believe I am saying that).
9) Door closure - these do not close gently and require a fair degree of effort as does the bonnet. As I discovered failure to close the door will prevent you from driving away
10) Warnings - the number of warnings appearing on central display is alarming at times.
11) Lack of central speedo - I think this is an improvement as your eyeliner is less cluttered. Speed is easily seen in central display
12) Rear loading bay - would have preferred rubber matting to slippy tray where anything lose slides around
13) Quality - I’m not into fine detail like some but panel gaps all look fine to me.

I am delighted with the vehicle although some of my options remain outstanding so will have to have these fitted at a later date. Given the Ineos story I can accept this especially as they seem to have created something special.

NB. My tips for the doubters, sign the contract, don’t change your order, pay when asked and be patient. You will ultimately be very very happy with your decision.
Got mine on Friday, done 230 miles, diesel variety, echo the comments.
It's does take a little getting used to if you come out of a disco 4 but I'm very pleased so far.

On road, very good
Across a field, superb.

The drivers seat is a very nice place to be, it all works. jLR, Ineos beat you at your own game...

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why, we like Gallons and British Gallons, not the smaller American variety. Bloody Europeans at it again!

Fly aircraft, and you refuel in Ibs (sometimes KGs), fly in feet and travel in Knots. Work that one out.....

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
The bonnet seems to have a double catch. When pulling the release lever it's marked to pull twice and maybe that's not just to make sure.

I failed to close the bonnet first time and it seems it won't then click closed if you do the usual thing of pressing down firmly. It took a drop from a good 5~6 inches to close first time.

I was surprised at the weight of the bonnet, it's really light. Far lighter than my old Defender.
Bonnets are designed to be closed by dropping from 30cm (with a few exceptions like SAAB etc). Grenadier is no exception and pressing down on the bonnet with enough force to close to the second latch could end in a trip to the bodyshop.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Ineos have standardised international units which have become universal ....

Order time - Years
Build - Some months away
Delivery - Some months plus a bit
Manufacture frequency - some per day , rising to some more per day
In transit - a long way
At dealership - a long time plus a bit more
Handover - The sum of all of the above ( plus a bit)

Conversion for the US and Austrailia is all of the above x 2.73

Hope this helps

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
add:

Soon - far far away

In the coming weeks - 144 weeks

We will be updating you shortly - the other side of Christmas but not specifying which Christmas

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos have standardised international units which have become universal ....

Order time - Years
Build - Some months away
Delivery - Some months plus a bit
Manufacture frequency - some per day , rising to some more per day
In transit - a long way
At dealership - a long time plus a bit more
Handover - The sum of all of the above ( plus a bit)

Conversion for the US and Austrailia is all of the above x 2.73

Hope this helps
So it´s a little bit like nuclear fusion? Always a specific time period in future?

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
Did your truck get the infamous "software update" that was allegedly holding up deliveries?
no. but the date for the HardWayHome was set. so it was a compromise in my special case to get the car. I can live with that but i do understand that Ineos wants to deliver cars without those issues....

Back
Top Bottom