The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Off-Center Differentials

Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Spjnr said:
In fact, the Jeep Wrangler's pricing system has always annoyed me. The fact you have to get the top spec Rubicon model to get the off-road goodies means a lot of money for other things you don't need. A Wrangler sport with the rubicon axles, TC and lockers would be great. 

INEOS seems to be offering complete choice in what we spec on our vehicles

Exactly!! That's why I was moving away from the idea of getting a Toyota LC300 coz the offroad goodies are spec-ed to the GR Sport. And that's the 2nd most expensive version. Hence when the initial messaging was that front and rear lockers were standard, Grenadier was exceptional value! 

However, as the pricing of the Grenadier edges closer to the Toyota LC300 GX version (barebones)... Aside from benefits like payload... the Toyota is becoming back into consideration. 

But businesses do what businesses do and I'm cool with it. 

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Surely if the factory fitted Diff is prices at say $10 and the Diff Lock version is priced at $12, then all you need to pay is $2   ,,,, ??

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1331951257]Surely if the factory fitted Diff is prices at say $10 and the Diff Lock version is priced at $12, then all you need to pay is $2   ,,,, ??[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right.  But if you look at the prices some manufacturers charge for things like upgraded wheels and such, it doesn't seem to follow that rule, especially considering what they should be paying for parts at volume.  I put out those prices I've found as a real-wold starting point - about $2800 for front and rear Eaton E lockers.  Based on that, I could see front and rear lockers for the Grenadier coming in at anywhere from ~$2k at the bottom (based on the assertion that they replace the open diff parts, and the option represents the change in total cost) to $4k or more.

Time will tell how much profit Ineos wishes to make on the Grenadier - and if it's per unit or by selling volume.

Back
Top Bottom