The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

October Reservations Opening Up

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
Just received this from the people at Ineos, getting excited now...

Hello Stuart, We appreciate you following the journey of the Grenadier closely. So to reward your loyalty, we’re giving you early access to place your reservation fee. You’ll now be able to put down a small, fully refundable reservation fee (online via our website only), 2 weeks earlier than the general public can in October. This jump puts you ahead of the queue when we start taking orders, so you’ll be one of the first to get your hands on the Grenadier, without any fear of missing out. It means you’ll be one of the first to order a 4X4 built for work. A 4X4 that looks, feels, and drives like a 4X4 should.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So for those interested, I received the email letting me know they are taking deposits as of October 1'st. think I may put one down and see how things pan out. Its totally refundable so no problems there ?

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The notice I received had September 30 as the earliest day for making a Reservation. Are you, perhaps, on the other side of the International Date Line?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I’m in California, but I’m really happy for them to be opening reservations. However it’s a long path from a reservation to a delivered vehicle for a new company. I just hope they strike a deal with someone for repairs and sales. Otherwise it’ll be tough I’m sure. 

chaos

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes do you think that they will take US reservations as well or is this just for Rest of World first?  

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
@David Chao chaos

Im not sure, come the first of October I'll find out I suppose. I'll post if they accept my deposit, or not!

chaos

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
Makes sense.  I just think since  the US delivery isn't going to be until 2023, that they may delay the US registration by a year.  I guess we'll find out soon.  

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
I don't recall if registering interest included country or not, but my email definitely lists the reservation price as "450 USD", so I'm thinking the invites will include the US as well.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a website address for the vehicle “configurator”?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
They have just confirmed that registration is worldwide, and is opening in 4 hours. This includes the configurator for the vehicle. Putting down a registration payment gives you first dibs at a proper reservation once they start actually selling the vehicle. 

Deliveries for Australia and a few other regions will be at the end of 2022 (About a year away). For North America, end of 2023.

This "Give us money for the right to give us more money later in an actual sale" is pretty common these days -- Ford did it with the Bronco and got I think a couple hundred thousand "deposits for a deposit". I'd be interested to know how many of those converted into purchasers as I'm not yet seeing very many Broncos on the road!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
One other thing is that the NA market will not be getting the first run of vehicles, so it should be a slightly better product once it gets to our shores.Also there will be some community knowledge about failures, breakdowns and general “why did they do that” stuff already in the public domain once the Grenadiers come in off the boat. 

That the factory building the Grenadier is already building for Mercedes is reassuring. At least the workforce will be used to modern production methods and practices. While we’re on that topic, the defender was still largely built by hand even at the end of its life and I’ve heard that there was one part of the door mechanism that hadn’t changed since the Series 1 vehicles. Urban legends or just great design you chose ?

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Got my order in. Check your emails folks!!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Ditto

I'm interested in how many stumped up the cash.

And on a side note, if anyone thought they didn't do much with the automotive industry, Ineos own 1/3 of the Mercedes AMG F1 racing team. It would be good to see them sponsor something like the Camel trophy or an event in that ilk.

Speaking of which, if this indeed turns into a real vehicle for the North America market.

How about kicking off with a Trans America Trail run.......

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The TaT is a very good idea. Or at least do a particular BDR as a delivery event to test waters. 
On a separate note, they do need to shore up their entire tech process. The reservation wasn’t painless. I didn’t have any means of creating an account before..so had to create that first, then verify email, then put in my AMEX but they wouldn’t accept it. Finally my Master Card/ Apple Card got accepted but denied payment because of international payment. Finally my Other Visa worked ??

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I got my code, but the reservation site isn’t working for me - it keeps saying my code is invalid.

A bit disappointing but I’ll keep trying. Anyone else having issues?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't have to verify my email.

Maybe they just think you're a scalper.....

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
ChasingOurTrunks said:
I got my code, but the reservation site isn’t working for me - it keeps saying my code is invalid.

A bit disappointing but I’ll keep trying. Anyone else having issues?

I did a cut and paste, but it put in an extra space after the code, maybe thats it.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes said:
I did a cut and paste, but it put in an extra space after the code, maybe thats it.

Thanks Stu; I was having trouble doing this on my iPad and it may have been a cut and paste error, but I used a different browser and it worked (not sure what the solution was though - whether it was the browser or the cut and paste error). Either way, I’m in!

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My PIN Code worked, but when I had to create a password the super complicated one suggested by my Apple iPad ‘did not meet their requirements’. I WAS able to successfully register with a Password structured as follows:

########Aaa! where:
 #=a number
 A=Capitalized letter
 a=lower case letter
 !=Exclamation Point

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I am a bit sad that they didn't put in at least some base configurator on the reservation portal, so I can pretend I'm purchasing one. 

Back
Top Bottom