The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

North American Release Update Email

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
Hi Robert,

The North American release of the Grenadier 4X4 is getting ever closer. And as it does we want to make sure you’re absolutely up to date with all the latest news and production timelines.

PRODUCTION TIMING

Good news. Our North American production schedule is on track, and we'll start building vehicles for you – as 2024 Model Year – from September 2023. Working back from that, we plan to publish full launch specifications, pricing, and our vehicle configurator in the second quarter next year. We acknowledge that this is a delay in our timing, because these timings were previously for quarter 1 – but unfortunately this is a knock-on from the supply issues that have challenged our production ramp-up for other markets.

But to reiterate, we are now building and dispatching vehicles at Hambach, and the production timing for North America remains on track.

TEST DRIVES IN NORTH AMERICA

Eager to get behind the wheel of the Grenadier? You’re in luck. Our PTO2 prototypes landed, and we’re shortly going to kick off a series of off-road events across the region.

Here’s our provisional schedule of events. Confirmation and more information to follow in January:

February 2023
Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Phoenix, AZ
San Diego, CA
Tampa/ Orlando, FL

March 23
Miami, FL
Atlanta, GA
Charlotte/ Raleigh, NC
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA

April 23
Denver, CO
Salt Lake City, UT
Philadelphia, PA
Tri-State/ New York, NY

May 23
Seattle, WA
Vancouver, BC
Toronto, ON
Chicago, IL

INITIAL DEALERS AND SERVICE COVERAGE

Also in the second quarter we’ll release the locations of our first set of dealers and service providers across North America. Giving you a firm indication of where you’ll be able to buy and service your Grenadier.
Thanks for sticking with us as we prepare for launch in North America. We couldn’t have come this far without your support.

The Grenadier Team

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 AM
Reaction score
I haven’t received that yet but maybe it’s taking its time in cyberspace.

It’s exciting that both Philly and the REI-state are getting opportunities because I am close to each.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am excited about the test drive in May. I am frustrated about pricing being delayed until second quarter. Hopefully this is good for us considering what is happening in the automotive industry currently.

Local time
Reaction score
This was good news for me. We are moving and it would have been tough to get the truck in 2023. The benefit, we get to see all the Aus, English and Euros owners showing us all the great things they can do. The US market can expand, by word of mouth and the accessory manufactures can create awesome stuff.
Lastly, the 'experts in automotive' are stating the new car inventory will exceed the demand by late spring/summer 2023. Prices will drop. We in the US are seeing used car prices drop by half from 6 months ago. This should put some price pressure on IA. I am not Nostradamus, just reading the news.

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
So late June pricing, target production start end Sept and what ?, Dec-Jan delivery

I get to test drive the old model in May. And Canada went from 3 to 2 cities.

Musta hurt IA, but good for us to know

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hot take, the test drive cities will be dealer locations. all are the areas that did the private event where Greg also met with dealers to discuss the idea of partnering.

Norville

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, I missed the email (I did get it this morning). Now I have to decide if I want to fly down to San Diego for a little vacation and drive it again in SF. The pricing may be the nail in the coffin though. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get my passport updated in time to go to Toronto for a test drive. Not sure if it’s feasible to have mine serviced in Canada. No other locations within five hours of me.
The delay on announcing pricing definitely does not play to Ineos’ benefit. Softening in the market; particularly the truck market, is very real. Assuming the trajectory continues (which it will at least through 2023) I predict many happy Grenadier owners in early 2024. Save your cash and you’ll be in good position.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where in NY are you? You could fly to Philly or LaGuardia (looks like the NY one is on Long Island) for a test drive.

Last edited:

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Where in NY are you? You could fly to Philly or LaGuardia (looks like the NY one is on Long Island) for a test drive.
Nearest to Rochester (30 miles). Philly is probably as close as Toronto. I like to avoid Philly when possible. Then again Rochester is pretty much Philly, in miniature

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll probably go to the Philly one. Provided you bring the DINOSAUR BBQ, I’ll buy the cheesesteaks.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
I would say dealers for test drives. Lord knows customers don't have them. 😂
They can't be because we would have seen them/sat in them/test driven them by now and no one has.

I reckon there are a 1,000 of them in a big warehouse somewhere waiting for some chips

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This was good news for me. We are moving and it would have been tough to get the truck in 2023. The benefit, we get to see all the Aus, English and Euros owners showing us all the great things they can do. The US market can expand, by word of mouth and the accessory manufactures can create awesome stuff.
Lastly, the 'experts in automotive' are stating the new car inventory will exceed the demand by late spring/summer 2023. Prices will drop. We in the US are seeing used car prices drop by half from 6 months ago. This should put some price pressure on IA. I am not Nostradamus, just reading the news.
High prices benefited anyone trading in a vehicle. The percentage increase on used was higher than the percentage increase of new.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get my passport updated in time to go to Toronto for a test drive. Not sure if it’s feasible to have mine serviced in Canada. No other locations within five hours of me.
The delay on announcing pricing definitely does not play to Ineos’ benefit. Softening in the market; particularly the truck market, is very real. Assuming the trajectory continues (which it will at least through 2023) I predict many happy Grenadier owners in early 2024. Save your cash and you’ll be in good position.
I’m betting 2024 as well. It’s funny how everything is on-time but only a year behind everything they’ve been saying in the past.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A) Excited to drive one in Feb somewhere around Dallas! :)
B) The pessimist in me fears the longer they put off announcing the NA pricing in print, the higher it will be. :(

AlexM90

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Updates from the IG website chat this morning:

- North American dealer locations will be posted on the site sometime in Q1 2023 (So they're ahead of schedule or misaligned internally)
- Leasing and finance options will be available (I wasn't sure maybe someone answered that already)
- Reservation holders will get email updates for dealer locations, test drives, and updates. (I haven't gotten anything yet except for the reservation receipt)

I guess we just stay tuned for now.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Updates from the IG website chat this morning:

- North American dealer locations will be posted on the site sometime in Q1 2023 (So they're ahead of schedule or misaligned internally)
- Leasing and finance options will be available (I wasn't sure maybe someone answered that already)
- Reservation holders will get email updates for dealer locations, test drives, and updates. (I haven't gotten anything yet except for the reservation receipt)

I guess we just stay tuned for now.
Was this a formal thing, webinar etc or did you speak to them via email?

Back
Top Bottom