The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Night shots of interior?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
parking sensors, some traction/stability control controls. might be others

wading amongst other turns off the fan

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
I haven't seen the emergency call button/switch before. Can anyone shed light on the use. Does it rely on mobile/cell coverage and a connected phone?
I don’t think the emergency call system is fitted to Grenadiers bound for Australia.F53F29BA-19AE-4433-B79D-B3F7A998A834.jpeg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
The emergency button is mandatory in the EU. And it does of course only make sense if there is a suitable infrastructure behind it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why would you be driving off road without your seatbelt?
Off the top of my head, reasons to not wear a seatbelt ~ wading... but there's a separate button for that and I don't think it cuts the seatbelt bongs. Maybe the press release from Ineos got it wrong?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, reasons to not wear a seatbelt ~ wading... but there's a separate button for that and I don't think it cuts the seatbelt bongs. Maybe the press release from Ineos got it wrong?
Certain circumstances off-road where you (I) are constantly in/out of the vehicle and there's very little benefit of the restraint <10mph. At the moment I'll engage it behind me or throw in a spare buckle.

To be clear I always wear a seatbelt on road and also if travelling distance off-road.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’d be happy if Wading mode cut the seatbelt warning, but otherwise I’d be wearing my seatbelt anyway. 🙂

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Certain circumstances off-road where you (I) are constantly in/out of the vehicle and there's very little benefit of the restraint <10mph. At the moment I'll engage it behind me or throw in a spare buckle.

To be clear I always wear a seatbelt on road and also if travelling distance off-road.
I’m curious about a situation when you’d constantly be in and out of the vehicle. If it’s to check for wheel placement, I’d always be travelling with another vehicle, and on a very technical section I’d use a spotter.

I travel in convoy a lot, usually at the back, and hopping in and out to close gates can be a pain, but putting on my seatbelt every time I get in is just what I do.

As to slow speed work, I’d rather have my seatbelt on if the vehicle tipped and rolled down a hill. 🙂

For me, the only situation where I’d consider not wearing my seatbelt would be wading.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m curious about a situation when you’d constantly be in and out of the vehicle. If it’s to check for wheel placement, I’d always be travelling with another vehicle, and on a very technical section I’d use a spotter.

I travel in convoy a lot, usually at the back, and hopping in and out to close gates can be a pain, but putting on my seatbelt every time I get in is just what I do.

As to slow speed work, I’d rather have my seatbelt on if the vehicle tipped and rolled down a hill. 🙂

For me, the only situation where I’d consider not wearing my seatbelt would be wading.
depends on the situation but for instance working dogs on flat land. don't need a seatbelt, no fear of turning over. Would be like putting a helmet on to drive to the post office.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
Why would you be driving off road without your seatbelt?
I haven't seen anything about driving off road without seatbelts.

ECrider only wrote about the bongs. And I agree.

BTW: Putting on my seat belt is such an automatic thing for me that I sometimes have to take it off shortly after starting the engine if I e.g. need to back up and lean out the door to hook up a trailer, for example.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I assume you can dial the brightness down
Of the screen not the driver

bloody hope so. As I get older my night vision is getting worse, not helped by unregulated headlight brightness. The amount of times I almost have to stop because I think some twit has got their mainbeam on only to flash them and then get flashed back. Have to wear my yellow shooting glasses now to soften the glare. Eyes getting older + headlights getting much more brilliant makes driving at night a real pain in the rear end - hopefully not literally!

+1 for countrywide headlight max brilliance regulation

I'm the last to ask for more rules but I think the modern ones are bloody dangerous

Back
Top Bottom