The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Winch Manual

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
I suspect that the Ineos legal people may be worried about product liability which is why the manual is draft only and not supplied by them with the vehicle. Strange position to take if true given that they might have a greater liability if they supply a factory fitted winch without a proper set of instructions for safe use.

Local time
Reaction score
I suspect that the Ineos legal people may be worried about product liability which is why the manual is draft only and not supplied by them with the vehicle. Strange position to take if true given that they might have a greater liability if they supply a factory fitted winch without a proper set of instructions for safe use.
My dealer took the trouble to print it out and put it in the vehicle .

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer took the trouble to print it out and put it in the vehicle .
Need a bit of care around this - UK vehicles were purchased direct from IA after the buyer signed a contract, which in my case included an acknowledgement that I’d read all the handbooks for the vehicle which was not possible as IA hadn’t released them. They acknowledged this as part of the contract process and undertook to provide handbooks upon delivery. They were a bit flakey about the winch handbook earlier this month but they finally agreed to supply one this week after some correspondence reminding them of their performance requirement under the contract.
The Retail Partner who handled our vehicle did offer a printout or soft copy of the ‘draft‘ winch manual but I chose not to push this with them as it’s not their responsibility. The Retail Partner is and has been top quality.
I’m trying to ensure IA fully perform the contract and their ongoing obligations for the vehicle.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Here is information I received from INEOS regarding the minimum break strength of the tow eyes, front and rear. If you are doing a double pull using a snatch block, this may come in handy.

Lashing Eyes Front

à horizontal max. 40kN (due to winching with pulley- therefore more force than the Homologation requirements with 3,5t )

à vertikal max. 30kN (Lifting)

Lashing Eyes Rear

à horizontal 35kN (Homologation)

à vertikal max. 22,5kN (Lifting)

Back
Top Bottom