The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New news ineos ????

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a disappointing lack of updates on the ineos site. Tempted us with the final Mile and celebrity test drives then ..silence since the ordering fiasco.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
I guess  ...
... that they are very busy to roll the thing out as fast as possible
... and that they have enough orders for the time being. ?

But seriously: They will currently have other priorities and focus on order fulfillment, delivery, dealership-training, homologation ... they are for sure not bored.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Completely agree they must be focused,  and have a business to evolve.  who would want to be doing this at a time of absolute turmoil?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So how about building on the competition ideas they used pre order date. Forget the t shirt  hats. Now they could offer factory tour to lucky order holders ?????

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Nope.

Delivery would suffice.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
I am sure that the marketing department wouldn't be involved in getting the car out to the customers at this point in time - I am sure that is more of the production department.  That means the marketing department are doing what.........?   At least run some competitions or something to win some merchandise. 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree Davman. There seems to be a real absence of information - a vacuum creates speculation and unease.

Yes - all the procurement, logistics, production people are no doubt working long days - through summer too but...I feel like we customers and potential customers have been in a bit of a sort of an information twilight zone since 18 May.

What exactly are their key milestones through to Grenadier production and delivery?

It wouldn't be that difficult to provide their marketing dept. (and in turn potential customers) with regular key milestone updates, May to September, as they move through the pre-production phase and into full production commencement and beyond.

Say, a brief information and expected dates when key stages commence, are completed and the next stage begins.

If I was head of marketing I would want to be keeping order holders and potential customers as "close" as possible by making sure they felt "in the loop" and part of the final journey.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a phone call from the INEOS dealer yesterday, by way of a courtesy call.  I though that was quite pro-active of him actually.  Unfortunately he had no real news for me that I didn't already know.  He was trying to guage my level of interest, and the level of interest across all of the contacts that he has to date.
Anyway, it appears as though it is not just us that are getting little to know information provided.
He did say though that in his mind they were getting production versions delivered in late September/October - given the delays of everything in the world these days.  So I am still glad my build slots are early 2023, at least I will get an extended test drive of one, prior to me having to sign a contract.

INEOS marketing are in a bit of a bind really, how to keep the hype going for another 6 months - whilst nothing really happens.  However throwing some promotional gear like to those who have put deposits down, organising further drive days on 4wd courses with the 2B's, all of these kind of things would be helpful.  Personally, I still haven't even had the change to see one, and INEOS have $10K of my cash in their bank.

Sandman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity Davman, was the call from Ineos, from a landline or mobile. 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Is there any carmaker known, which is permanently connected to his order-holders?
How does Ineos compare to others?

I think, that we should keep in mind that our community is atypically strong interested and well informed about almost everything which has to do with the Grenadier. So from my point of view we can not consider us and our claims and wishes a normal (i.e. common) relationship between a customer or an enthusiast and a carmaker.

Our standards are perhaps a bit high.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Emax, INEOS has played on that "special" relationship all along, and has relied on it to get the word about the product out there.

They have not started any media advertising yet, so the whole product has been energised by people like us who talk about it to their mates, their mechanics, and others on forums.

They communicate directly with us, as we have trusted them with our hard earned cash, well before we have anything to show for it.

I dont think our standards are too high.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, yes, they have.

But it's just my point of view. My personal assessment is, that they were simply overwhelmed by what they have triggered. This doesn't of course make things any better. But to some degree this documents that their product hit the nerve spot on. Which is a good sign.

But I prefer to have a well equipped dealership (equipped with data, color samples, cars, knowledge and so on) than to have a perfect marketing instead. And if they don't have the resources to master both, it will take some time to catch up.

I must admit, that I have placed an order, got an early build slot and might therefore be satisfied for the time being.  But that's just human, I guess.

Ineos is reading here, as I have told in another thread. Perhaps the feedback will reach the responsible and something will change. I'd give them some time to bring things forward.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all for the responses. I agree Davman , i dont think having high standards are to be excused. I'm a retired engineer - lower standards and you get what you deserve. Through design, supplier selection and pre-production, Ineos have sold the commitment to excellence.
Marketing chaps now have to understand that communicating the production milestones ( good and bad)  is more imprtant than celebs in the driving seat.

As the the old mantra goes " quality is remembered when price is forgotten" - that appllies to the product and the journey.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
A new building the grenadier video showing whats happening in hambach would be nice also a wee call from sales regarding build times .

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also had a chat with a dealer/agent last week and he mentioned that they have no visibility at the moment on customers placing orders.

I note your comments emax but I think most of us want to know, at a high level only, how they are doing as they move along the timeline of pre-production & then production May through November: e.g.
when & where will the POT2 & POT3 models will be available for testing by customers
when will pre-production start & how long will this phase last
when do they expect actual production to commence
what do they expect the first years production to now be given the level of orders placed and interest generated

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
As you can see, I do even agree with or at least understand your points of of view. I can in particular subscribe to Simons statements as they resemble my  general view quite well.

But if you read carefully, I have admitted that my situation might have put me in some state of satisfaction which probably makes me more patient than I am usually. So my eagerness is a bit sedated. ;-)

A production video is indeed overdue. Not a lonesome robot making just some mock-up movements, but the full program.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's how your post looks here. I had this a number of times before,presumably if it was some social media stuff which wants a registration?
Perhaps a screenshot was better?

It's a big nothing:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220621_183825.jpg
    Screenshot_20220621_183825.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 42

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score