The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Hi my name is John new member in UK been following Grenadier since 2018 paid deposit in May22 still waiting for contract and was very disappointed not to get one with the thousand sent out last week
I live very close to my dealer in Norfolk UK so able to look in regularly, popped in yesterday they have two customer vehicles in ready for delivery but being held back for some reason maybe final checks or system updates they were unable or unwilling to to say reason
Previously owned 8new(old shape) defenders between 1988 and 2018 hence the interest in the Grenadier

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi my name is John new member in UK been following Grenadier since 2018 paid deposit in May22 still waiting for contract and was very disappointed not to get one with the thousand sent out last week
I live very close to my dealer in Norfolk UK so able to look in regularly, popped in yesterday they have two customer vehicles in ready for delivery but being held back for some reason maybe final checks or system updates they were unable or unwilling to to say reason
Previously owned 8new(old shape) defenders between 1988 and 2018 hence the interest in the Grenadier
Welcome to the forum John. I'm sure you will find it a great place to visit if the Grenadier is your thing. By far this is my favourite forum on the subject.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! There’s tons of information here, some bad jokes, and a great group of people!

Personally, I’m concerned with thins that truly matter- do you have a dog? Check out this thread and share a picture of your pup(s)! DOGS

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:10 PM
Reaction score
Hello John
We are all waiting for the same thing.
Welcome

Colinthill

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It will be worth the wait. Followed from the early days put down deposit and fully paid two weeks ago. Mine is now in the uk just needs to get to the dealer for the final checks. Had the chance to be driven in one in Wales and last September had 30 mins each to drive it off road. Just so excited to own one. Sorry to sell my 110 Defender but soo looking forward to owning a spanking new car! Need to get off road when I’m in the driving seat. Salisbury plain I think to compare😁

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi John
I too have one on order same as you and being 16,000kms away in South Australia we feel remote from all the local dealer sightings. At least you can see one
Our dealer is still waiting for their car to turn up to show a huge number of bushies waiting to get in one!
They really need to pull their finger out before this issue becomes a PR nightmare for them with exisitng foundation owners and future order ing

Magical Mystery Tours

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Magical Mystery Tours, the name not only alludes to the Beatles - who, by the way, we hold in high esteem - but to our passion for being on the road on this planet - on water, on land and in the air. We are not naïve and only see the good and the beautiful, but also what is going wrong. But even in the ugly things of this world there is also beauty to be discovered.

Our family is spread over two continents and if we add our two godchildren, then even three: Europe, America and Africa. And in the meantime we are not only parents but already grandparents - and that is a wonderful thing. We love life and don't let get us down. And for all the seriousness of earthly things, we never lose our sense of humor.

We have been Land Rover fans since childhood and were very upset when production of the Defender ceased in 2016. When there was to be a new Defender in 2020, we were initially pleasantly touched, which very quickly turned into disappointment. At first, we toyed with the idea of getting a well-maintained Defender. Then we discovered press releases that there will be a Grenadier, under which we could not imagine much at first. But the more we looked into it, the more convinced we became. We really hope that we will not be disappointed and that our Grenadier, which we will call Bougy Overland, will fit seamlessly into our lives and ventures.

When we are not traveling the world, we sit in our base camp in the Luxembourg Ardennes. If anyone wants to stop here on their travels, they are welcome. We like interesting people who have good ideas and inspirations and who bring back good stories from their travels. Just write to us 😊

Magical Mystery Tours

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We speak fluent German (he / she) and French (she) and of course get along quite well with English (both). Dutch we do not speak, but can understand it quite well.

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hi John and welcome, mine is now at the dealer ( progress) and "awaiting some campaigns" Might go annoy them tomorrow and go see it. Never owned a Defender - am too tall/ fat. Was quite surprised by how comfortable my 6'5" 20+ stone frame fitted in it, felt great

Norfolk is ideal for a Grenadier

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi John, welcome. I know exactly what you mean:
We (my wife and me) ordered an IG Trialmaster Diesel, magic mushroom with some extras on May07. Dealer said that he can see in his system November 2023 as probable production date. But he told me that I shouldn't be that optimistic, it will take minimum 12 month until production and delivery :rolleyes: So a lot of time of anticipation. J

Dermot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi John, welcome to the forum, I placed my deposit around the same time as you and now awaiting on Ineos to lead me to the next stage. I also have ordered a similar spec on mine. I asked dealer prior to paying deposit as to the lead time. He advised me 6-7 months. True or not true ( can you trust a car salesman) I have mentally geared myself up for that sort of wait. I don’t know if anyone else on the forum has any further information on UK lead time.
Best wishes
Dermot

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Dermot, John
I paid my deposit last May, have finally got a contract but no real production date as the last three didn't eventuate. When its made I face a four month ship date to South Australia.
What keeps me smiling is the fact that we are going to access what is going to be a very good vehicle at a very good price when most of the wannabes or naysayers now have to wait a very long time and pay a very high price.
The prototype sent to Australia has been doing the rounds of the country and managed to give it a good bash in some hard country and it was all I hoped it would be. Now I just want it to turn up!!
Tony

Attachments

• cfs2 022.JPG
    cfs2 022.JPG
    433.8 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom