The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Builds in UK

Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
IG stated earlier that new builds will be available to UK Customers in July 2022.  Have any new builds been fulfilled for UK customers as planned?  If so, can we see photos of the actually delivered vehicles? 

Local time
Reaction score
Where did you see INEOS stating that deliveries (rather than production) will start in July?

Local time
Reaction score
The original deliveries for the UK were to have been July but that was moved back to October earlier this year. My local IG dealer is expecting to take delivery of their demonstrators in August.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=antoine1906 userid=8949654 postid=1333094004]IG stated earlier that new builds will be available to UK Customers in July 2022[/QUOTE]

@antoine1906 I understand manufacturing of production prototypes (eg prototype vehicles manufactured on the assembly line, as opposed to bespoke, 'handmade' prototypes) was due to commence July. The earliest indicative(!) build month reported by UK Forum users for production vehicles is, I believe, September.  One presumes vehicles produced between July and September will be allocated as demonstrator (and VIP?) deliveries, used to secure compliances in the initial jurisdictions etc, etc.  

Long story short: no orders fulfilled as yet, however timing presently in line with plan* as understood by those of us who have been on the journey since reservations opened.  

*eg we've not seen anything to the contrary from Ineos, however as other manufacturers are struggling with components at present one presumes both timing and price will at some point be impacted.

Local time
Reaction score
 Can you point me to anything from INEOS where they say customers will receive cars in July? My dealer confirmed what INEOS told me last year, ie that first build slots are in July for August delivery dealer demonstrators.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Mark Tennant said so in an video which is linked somewhere on the form.

Analogously he said: "Passing the first keys into the hands of the customers will be an exiting moment, and this will be by the end of July.

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1333098811]Mark Tennant said so in an video which is linked somewhere on the form.

Analogously he said: "Passing the first keys into the hands of the customers will be an exiting moment, and this will be by the end of July.[/QUOTE]

I think it was here: ineos update - The Grenadier Forum (theineosforum.com)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, thank you. It's at 1:13

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1333098811]Mark Tennant said so in an video which is linked somewhere on the form.

Analogously he said: "Passing the first keys into the hands of the customers will be an exiting moment, and this will be by the end of July.[/QUOTE]

No - Mark Tenant said he is looking forward to 'saleable vehicles rolling down in the production lines in July'.
These cars are the Tranche 1 demonstrators.
Later he refers to the summer programme which is all about test drives and he goes on to say that this will happen 'at the end of July'.

There has been no change to the customer delivery timeline which starts in September.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You're right, thank you for the clarification.

May be I heard what I wanted to hear.

There was this slight difference: "Passing the key into the hands of the customers" is not "Passing the first keys into the hands of the owners".

Non native speaker, you know ...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
my third hand information is that the delivery of ladder frames for the "real production" will start the end of july.
The frames are built by Gestamp in Bielefeld (Germany)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Meaning that units produced to date have had a different type of more bespoke ladder frame or that INEOS gets a bulk delivery of frames for their 50 units a day production schedule?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would guess the second. Maybe they wait with the delivery of the bulk delivery until the 130 last prototypes from the plant are ready and behave well.
I am not in production of anything but I can imagin that for bringing the production to a real start (with an interesting output each day) small changes on the parts are necessary. Of course everything had been assembled by hand before and everything should fit. For sure it would be much easier to make those changes in the production of the frame and not in Hambach.
As it is a third hand info I can not give you any further details.

Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS ladder frames are not a 'different type', it took years to develop and approve. I'm also not not sure where you get the idea of 'bulk deliveries of frames' that's not how it works.
PT03 production (saleable vehicles but mainly dealer demonstrators) starts now and full series production for the 1st tranche of 15000 preorders starts in August. 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"Bulk deliveries" - what I mean is that the manufacturer (Gestamp) would, I assume, deliver batches (many hundreds of ladder frames) to the Hambach plant each week - probably by train.

Back
Top Bottom