The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My new Grenadier

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
No..I actually chose the name Shaky !!!

Nothing else to say on the matter, let’s see what the opinion polls say before anyone says I am wrong or the vehicle isn’t for me etc etc.

Like I say, the signs were there and Ineos don’t seem to be doing much about anything tbh. Communication is still rank, but thanks for the free tickets to the Game Fair next weekend.

I haven’t even complained to the agent yet, I am wasting my time. I picked something up on collection at the start of June, I am still waiting for a response on that without frying their heads with the list of other stuff that they need to sort out now.
Apologies for misspelling your name there Shaky. Have you ordered the Grenadier as yet or already in ownership?
All I can say on a personal level, I am over the moon with my Grenadier and as much as I love my old Defender, the enjoyment of this vehicle makes me choose this first, every time.
As in the film ‘Field of Dreams’. “Build it and they will come”.
Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
This was my email to Ineos

Dear ‘CUSTOMER CARE’

Now 2 months after partial delivery 13th May 2023. A further week has passed and NO ONE has responded, Benjamin hasn’t phoned back since he called whilst I was driving Monday 10th July 3.19PM and left a message wanting to discuss my survey response and all my detailed issues and concerns. I phoned him back on 10th after 5pm and the person I spoke to, promised me that Benjamin would phone back the following day between 9.00-17.00hrs. It is a farcical to call it ‘Customer Care’. They could not care a diddly squat!!!

Took delivery 13th May. No side steps fitted, steering wheel is not centrally aligned about 10 degrees out, warning/error lights keep giving error messages, still no software fix even though we were told the new soft fix was due within a couple of days, along with the side steps, what a load of bull.

So far our delivery agent have delivered 29 Grenadiers to and only 2 of 26 have randomly had their side steps delivered. No fun for my wife who is 5ft 4in to climb in and out. The rear is impossible for any lady with a skirt on to get in or out without side steps. I have to put a set of steps in if I want drive my 78 year pal who only has one leg and he needs the steps to climb in….. he is just about okay sliding out. But this is already detrimental to and wearing the Recaro seat side cheek cushioning. Lies have continually been received, stating they were in shipping transit from China, then more lies that DHL had them, they will be delivered soon, no Ineos representative, manager (if one exists), Director (non existent) has taken ownership from the ‘Customer Care’ email address or the ‘Customer Care’ phone line.

I have asked the delivery agent for the Ineos UK registered address to send them my thoughts by recorded delivery because all communication by email or phone does not get ignored, but so far the address has not been forthcoming!

Further troubles with the vehicle 14th July. So much for BMW Diesel engine, gearbox and ancillary equipment. Only just done 3,000 miles in 2 months. I don’t have the confidence in it being able to maintain momentum for another whole month as we have lost all forms of cabin HEATING with air condition on or off and lost 2.25 litre of water with temp gauge going up and down from 90 degrees centigrade to 110 to 130 on the dash gauge, air bag error, transmission error. Cooling fan sometimes keeps running for over 10 mins after a 5 mile journey. After heavy rain when one opens the drivers door one gets soaked by about 1/2 litre of water captured between the front door body recess seal and the door seal. Door seal is not stuck to the door’s paintwork. So much for German engineering being of quality. BMW 5 series had the same issues after 5 years of German engineering development when they’re glued on door seals failed to stick at ambient temperatures. Still no side steps and now I understand our Ineos delivery agent just passes the buck by saying, “Have you had any luck with Ineos, because they haven’t.” The soonest the Ineos delivery agent can see the vehicle is Thursday 20th July which I suppose is quite soon but in my mind not soon enough, as I have no confidence in anything being resolved as all they will do is plug it in to the diagnostics unit which they have confirmed they actually have. But they still haven’t received the software update which was stated as required to resolve a huge list of issues on the vehicle, the offset steering wheel has no fix, all as delivered which was stated would be done within a few days after delivery when they fit the Side steps!!! To have a complete vehicle delivered with Side Steps seems to be of no concern and to the detriment of about £1,000. Ineos said if you can get a company to supply you with side steps other than theirs it would invalidate the warranty……. more lies and bull….

So the time has to come to add this to the Grenadier media forum as Ineos have totally failed to positively respond or resolve a single issue!

My suggestion is DO NOT ACCEPT DELIVERY OF A NEW GRENADIER until they have sorted their software issues as the delivery agents & Ineos’s lies are unacceptable. You will know when it is confirmed by customers on this site who have not received their complete vehicle and the outstanding software issues are resolved or at least updated.
In the above you mention the vehicle was booked in on the 20th July, hopefully this happened and you have a positive story.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
The tow ball? Yes. The whole tow bar option? That will be a bit more challenging right now but I’m sure in time it would be available. If you haven’t yet signed your contract, shouldn’t be too difficult to get the towbar added.
Tow bar is standard on every model except base Grenadier in Australia
1690130455141.png

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
and lost 2.25 litre of water with temp gauge going up and down from 90 degrees centigrade to 110 to 130 on the dash gauge
Have you had this coolant issue resolved? I seem to recall some issue with hoses rubbing. ?
I see the vehicle was to go back 20 July. Can you give us an update on the situation? You haven't posted back or responded to any questions here.

Back
Top Bottom