The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

May 17th Email - Official

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
All I know it's I'm not risking my deposit until i can see it in person. I'm already hedging that ineos is going to screw up pricing too. I hope not, but I'm expecting it.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got the email too. I really wish they could get a production green one here to see…. A pto2 that I couldn’t take pics of inside and a scratched up Jerry can to see the color is a big leap of faith…

bmore_burnsy

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Got the email too. I really wish they could get a production green one here to see…. A pto2 that I couldn’t take pics of inside and a scratched up Jerry can to see the color is a big leap of faith…
Your username suggests you may be out west, but fwiw the East Coast tour has a PTO2 in Sela Green--that's what I drove. Looks fantastic in person.
Jeez, people are so entitled. Don't buy one if you've got so many concerns. Easy. No harm as the deposit of $450 is refundable.
Having concerns =/= being entitled.

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Jeez, people are so entitled. Don't buy one if you've got so many concerns. Easy. No harm as the deposit of $450 is refundable.
You're right. Let's put our blind faith in a new product that's not had any production issues. They're well established in the US and have a good dealer/service network.

Local time
Reaction score
well, as much as I am jaded as the next person when talking about car dealers and pricing, maybe it won't be bad news.

ineos is causing a lot of attention with this "unveiling". to me that doesn't seem like a smart thing to do if you're going to jack up the prices or alienate your potential customers with what you're going to say.

bmore_burnsy

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
well, as much as I am jaded as the next person when talking about car dealers and pricing, maybe it won't be bad news.

ineos is causing a lot of attention with this "unveiling". to me that doesn't seem like a smart thing to do if you're going to jack up the prices or alienate your potential customers with what you're going to say.
Here's hoping the forum math of $66k for Trialmaster/Fieldmaster editions (based on the AUS market) holds true! 😁

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think ‘entitled’ is the right word to use. Having never been able to get the vehicle out of low transfer and 3rd gear or see the color I want is ‘something’, but I don’t think it is ‘entitled’.

Let’s be perfectly clear. Buying a car basically sight-unseen- when they are having delivery issues in the EU, when we can’t get a true test drive, when we haven’t seen the car in final form- that isn’t ‘rational’. It is irrational and a huge leap of faith. This isn’t a pair of shoes you’re ordering thru Amazon that you can send back. I’m guessing that this will be a pretty penny. And that is not even delving into the possible issues with the dealers and service.

I have my eyes wide open. I’m still interested- but I think we all need to know where our risk threshold is. To me, If by mode June there are still all kinds of people having issues in the EU getting their IGs, I’m out.

Frankly, I think IG should bring over a couple of actual production units and let people do test drives on actual cars. I’m willing to fly somewhere for a test drive, they should be willing to put a couple of vehicles on plane and meet me half way.

I forget, the next level is like $5k? And that isn’t refundable- or the specs we pick aren’t changeable?

My wife knows all the history so far, but she knows I need a new car (and she needs a new one to, so I think she sees supporting the IG as a way of getting my buy-in/silence on what she wants ;) ). She thinks I’m crazy- but the way I look at it, I’m a long term owner anyway it goes. If it is awesome, I’m golden. If it ends up being a Delorean and disappears after a year or two, I have a story and probably some collectible in 20 years…

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
Umm, you couldn't take pictures of the interior that you sat and experienced in? Cancel your order!
You're right. Let's put our blind faith in a new product that's not had any production issues. They're well established in the US and have a good dealer/service network.
Blind faith. No one is making you buy a Grenadier. You voluntarily put your deposit down knowing its a new manufacturer. So silly to then start complaining about it. Hilarious.

bmore_burnsy

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I forget, the next level is like $5k? And that isn’t refundable- or the specs we pick aren’t changeable?
There is no additional cost (after the initial $450 reservation fee) to place a pre-order in NA. Ineos hasn't provided details on how, when, or at what cost those pre-orders may be converted to actual orders.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
Perhaps people with concerns could do what everyone else does when buying other makes. Wait until demonstrators are in dealerships, prices are known, eyeball them, take them for a test drive, and then sign on the dotted line.

And that’s a perfectly valid way to buy.

But you’ll need to wait 6-9 months and be content with your decision to do so.

Otherwise whining and moaning won’t make your life any easier, just offend the ears of those who opted to take the early path.

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I'm still in line, but not naive enough to buy a product that's largely been focusing efforts on marketing and hiding defects. I'm also not buying a vehicle until I can test drive it. Anyone else can buy however they want.

ryket

Reservation Holder
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
I know we're all emotionally invested in this but remember that Ineos is a business, not a charity. The decision to purchase is a business decision, and some people have a higher risk tolerance for those than others.

That aside... excited for May 17th but I'm pretty sure we're going to get a price shock either way. Here's hoping it's a nice surprise.

Back
Top Bottom