The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Lowest VIN number.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi all you sleuths out there!
I have been trying to find out how many PTO 1 &2 Grennys were made and given vin numbers. I suspect around 650 vehicles or so.
then I realised that I have never seen a lower VIN number than mine and as I was told , many moons ago that I was in the first 50 worldwide to pay a reservation fee I wonder if mine was the lowest one. Mine is shown as still in production but I have the number and it ends in
0697. How about you guys, no need to give full VINs, the last few numbers will do. Have to think of a prize for the lowest number!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been trying to find out how many PTO 1 &2 Grennys were made and given vin numbers. I suspect around 650 vehicles or so.
then I realised that I have never seen a lower VIN number than mine and as I was told , many moons ago that I was in the first 50 worldwide to pay a reservation fee I wonder if mine was the lowest one. Mine is shown as still in production but I have the number and it ends in
0697. How about you guys, no need to give full VINs, the last few numbers will do. Have to think of a prize for the lowest number!
680….

opsy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine ends in 0650

opsy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That would be nice, but I doubt it.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just wondering out loud but do we know if the VINs for the (PTOs 1 thru 3?) preceded the sequential numbers used for the production vehicles? I’m thinking they could have assigned a different character in field 4 to denote PTO than the “G” used for production vehicles. If so production sequential numbering would have started at 00001. Anyone got a photo of a PTO VIN?
Just a thought.

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering out loud but do we know if the VINs for the (PTOs 1 thru 3?) preceded the sequential numbers used for the production vehicles? I’m thinking they could have assigned a different character in field 4 to denote PTO than the “G” used for production vehicles. If so production sequential numbering would have started at 00001. Anyone got a photo of a PTO VIN?
Just a thought.
As far as I know all prototypes have a letter (non numerical character) in the 6 last positions, like: 2B0031, 2B0078 or P20204, P20211 and even L10034.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here an actual VIN: SC6GM1AAXNFP20024
That could confirm that theory.
Yes it does, thank you, that’s a petrol LHD passenger (M1) model year 2022, prototype 2, serial #24.👍

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Or on second thoughts more likely Production try out 2

Reactions: PBD

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time