The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Limited edition model

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
I have this exact model. I like it because it has all the prototype decals.

It was a mess: it took seven weeks for it to get here. After two weeks, I asked for the package because the tracking still showed "in customs." They promised to check, and then I heard nothing for another two weeks. So I got angry and told them that I would ask their customer (INEOS) for help.

I guess that put some pressure on them: they replied quickly and I received three messages within four days, "We are investigating." But no news.

I then announced I was reclaiming my credit card charge and gave them another 10 days to resolve the issue. Then they told me that they would refund my shipping costs and that they were trying very hard to find the package. Finally, it arrived and they did indeed refund my shipping costs.

But what a mess, and another Ineos process that completely failed.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't by the way yet find out how to open the bonnet. It looks from the side very much like it is openable. But I've no idea how.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
I have this exact model. I like it because it has all the prototype decals.

It was a mess: it took seven weeks for it to get here. After two weeks, I asked for the package because the tracking still showed "in customs." They promised to check, and then I heard nothing for another two weeks. So I got angry and told them that I would ask their customer (INEOS) for help.

I guess that put some pressure on them: they replied quickly and I received three messages within four days, "We are investigating." But no message.

I then announced I was reclaiming my credit card charge and gave them another 10 days to resolve the issue. Then they told me that they would refund my shipping costs and that they were trying very hard to find the package. Finally, it arrived and they did indeed refund my shipping costs.

But what a mess, and another Ineos process that completely failed.
How is that a failing of INEOS? Sounds more like a failing of the postal service. Mine arrived in Australia very quickly.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It's not my business where the problem was. I am their customer, not the customer of any postal service.

Normally a package of such value is insured, and if it doesn't arrive after such a long time, you can ask for compensation from the logistics service and simply send a new package to your customer. That's how it should work.

But not getting an answer for weeks and not being able to say "we'll send you a new one and sort out the rest with the logistics service" is a fail. After all, they're asking a whopping 231 euros (including shipping) for the thing. A premium price justifies a premium customer service.

After all, it was me who had to keep triggering that something happened. And that is a fail, imho.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's not my business where the problem was. I am their customer, not the customer of any postal service.

Normally a package of such value is insured, and if it doesn't arrive after such a long time, you can ask for compensation from the logistics service and simply send a new package to your customer. That's how it should work.

But not getting an answer for weeks and not being able to say "we'll send you a new one and sort out the rest with the logistics service" is a fail. After all, they're asking a whopping 231 euros (including shipping) for the thing. A premium price justifies a premium customer service.

After all, it was me who had to keep triggering that something happened. And that is a fail, imho.
I had post issues and they sent out a new one. Oh and by the way the company providing these is not INEOS, it’s a specialty promotions company.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
I had post issues and they sent out a new one. Oh and by the way the company providing these is not INEOS, it’s a specialty promotions company.
I ordered mine on the UK website as it was heaps cheaper than buying it on the Australian website.
I was stunned when it arrived about a week later.
All the way to Australia by airmail.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand he doesn’t give Ineos any share in the problem of sending. He is not content with the customer service after everything went wrong. Also I wouldn’t share his wording I think he is right regarding the responsibility.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So is this just the silver model and all the other models are still available; or does it refer to all the model variants?
The other 2 colours (Donny Grey and Eldoret Blue) are still available.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand he doesn’t give Ineos any share in the problem of sending. He is not content with the customer service after everything went wrong. Also I wouldn’t share his wording I think he is right regarding the responsibility.
He’s not right about the responsibility, he is not buying it off Ineos. Orb Group run the merchandise store. So he is blaming Ineos for the customer service of Orb Group.

Back
Top Bottom