The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

LeTech: EXCITING!

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
@Bobby Mac I had contact to Mr. Friso via phone and also contact to Mrs. Duerrich both from Letech and I ordered the ladder there. Didin‘t collect it, since my car isn‘t delivered yet. When I‘m home I can check the accounts on the documents they sent.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone (preferably from Australia) purchased anything off LeTech?
I got a quote from Daniel Kriso (looked legitimate to me) for the rear ladder with Jerry can holder. When I went to buy it my bank went berserk! After about 4hrs of phone calls, having my account suspended and then having to visit a branch, they told me they believed it was all a scam and will not allow me to transfer any money to the accounts on the invoice.
I do appreciate their concern, but I do feel a bit pissed off.
Would anyone have LeTech‘s bank details that resulted in a legitimate transaction so I can compare them to the ones I received in case anyone has changed the invoice along the way?
Replied by PM

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
I've had two conversations via email with Sojina. Each time provided me an invoice. I asked another question and it's been radio silence. I figured they were busy and since I didn't purchase anything yet, I was put into the tire kicker corner.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
I've had two conversations via email with Sojina. Each time provided me an invoice. I asked another question and it's been radio silence. I figured they were busy and since I didn't purchase anything yet, I was put into the tire kicker corner.
Yes, I’ve found them very slow to respond to emails.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
What has this to do with the Grenadier?

Until today, before our visit, the project was all day hidden behind a big screen, and nobody was allowed to see it - except Sir Jim, which had visited LeTech ...

Before we went there, I asked on the telephone whether I may take my camera with me, but Mr. Kriso only said "Hm, I'm not sure ... we'll see ... ". And today, upon arrival, he said "Ok, we have decided to now show the project to the public. You may take the photographs and are allowed to show it in the Grenadier Forum".

So Mr. Kriso brought us to another building and showed us, what was hidden to the public until today.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

And so I may proudly present their result to you all which are now the very first witnesses to see the "LeTech Portal Axles Grenadier":

Here it is 🤩 🏆 (y) 😍:

View attachment 7799540View attachment 7799541View attachment 7799542View attachment 7799543

A sample to get a feeling for the height:

View attachment 7799544
View attachment 7799545

37" tires:

View attachment 7799546

The front axle, left side:

View attachment 7799547

The rear axle, right side:

View attachment 7799548

The rear axle, right side, a bit brighter:

View attachment 7799549

Front axle, left side:

View attachment 7799550

Front axle, right side:

View attachment 7799551

Real bead locks (2-parts rims):

View attachment 7799552

Before you now order this setup: It's a five figure investment, and it's not in the low five-figure range. I'm not to tell more.

LeTech will be with this Grenadier on the Abenteuer + Allrad in summer in Bad Kissingen. I will be there.

I can not thank LeTech enough for the generous openess they have granted me, as a pure enthusiast and not being a jounalist, let alone from a big magazine. It was a pleasure and an honour to me, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Thank you, Mr. Kriso!

The LeTech roof rack, if it is ante portas, will be my first candidate to look at, that's for sure. And they offer drawer systems and other stuff as well.
Just needs a V8, bigger fuel tank and central tyre inflation and of course a major GVM upgrade, otherwise awesome.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone (preferably from Australia) purchased anything off LeTech?
I got a quote from Daniel Kriso (looked legitimate to me) for the rear ladder with Jerry can holder. When I went to buy it my bank went berserk! After about 4hrs of phone calls, having my account suspended and then having to visit a branch, they told me they believed it was all a scam and will not allow me to transfer any money to the accounts on the invoice.
I do appreciate their concern, but I do feel a bit pissed off.
Would anyone have LeTech‘s bank details that resulted in a legitimate transaction so I can compare them to the ones I received in case anyone has changed the invoice along the way?
Thank you @Pat-Ard and @Arkaig - Banking details I got were correct - Must be just Aussie Banks being over cautious re scams - I spent another 2 1/2 hrs at my other bank this morning before I could finally convince them to pay my invoice and then it was “all on my head” if anything went wrong.
I appreciate them being cautious, but what a pain! If I want to throw my money away, shouldn’t I be allowed to. I was almost ready to give up. If anyone sees Mr Kriso or the LeTech team, tell them not to be too long in sending my precious ladder - I don’t need any more anxiety!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you @Pat-Ard and @Arkaig - Banking details I got were correct - Must be just Aussie Banks being over cautious re scams - I spent another 2 1/2 hrs at my other bank this morning before I could finally convince them to pay my invoice and then it was “all on my head” if anything went wrong.
I appreciate them being cautious, but what a pain! If I want to throw my money away, shouldn’t I be allowed to. I was almost ready to give up. If anyone sees Mr Kriso or the LeTech team, tell them not to be too long in sending my precious ladder - I don’t need any more anxiety!
I had exactly the same hassles when recently making a fairly big purchase. I appreciated the banks diligence, but once I specifically said I wanted the money transferred, they still didn't do it for another couple of days. Very embarrassing all round. I would have appreciated that same diligence a few years ago when scammed of four and a half thousand pounds!

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had exactly the same hassles when recently making a fairly big purchase. I appreciated the banks diligence, but once I specifically said I wanted the money transferred, they still didn't do it for another couple of days. Very embarrassing all round. I would have appreciated that same diligence a few years ago when scammed of four and a half thousand pounds!
I've been using the services of https://wise.com/ for international payments as being simple to set up, very much quicker and cheaper than domestic banks and with a tracking service - I can recommend.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been using the services of https://wise.com/ for international payments as being simple to set up, very much quicker and cheaper than domestic banks and with a tracking service - I can recommend.
Revolut I use, similar. Haven't compared fees recently compared to others but a good option compared to regular banks all the same.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Missed that my question was already answered above. Disregard.

Last edited:

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ADVAW8S
Have you heard anything back from LeTech? I'm interested in the ladder and my Grenadier is almost here (in the US, anyway). I saw your post regarding shipping a roof rack from a couple of months ago, but was wondering the cost of just the ladder and if it would be $300 for the crate. Not sure I want it that much. I have 2 NATO Jerry cans I'll need to figure out how to transport them without a roof rack or bars. I'd like to take at least one with me.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@ADVAW8S
Have you heard anything back from LeTech? I'm interested in the ladder and my Grenadier is almost here (in the US, anyway). I saw your post regarding shipping a roof rack from a couple of months ago, but was wondering the cost of just the ladder and if it would be $300 for the crate. Not sure I want it that much. I have 2 NATO Jerry cans I'll need to figure out how to transport them without a roof rack or bars. I'd like to take at least one with me.
I haven't, sorry

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ADVAW8S
I got the reply from Mrs. Dürrich and it's well, I'll have to think long about this one. Of course, everyone can make their own financial choices, but for me, I'm not sure I want it that much:
(Prices are in EUR)

1 1,00 Stück 10899 Grenadier Heckleiter

mit Kanisterhalter für 20l Blechkanister
kunststoffbeschichtet
rear ladder for jerry can (not included) 832,00
Zwischensumme 1.430,80
zzgl. Fracht- und Transportkosten 589,00
zzgl. Verpackung 9,80
Gesamt Netto 1.430,80
zzgl. 19,00 % USt. auf 1.430,80 271,85
Gesamtbetrag 1.702,65
Validity of quotation 10 days
Lieferbedingungen: EXW, ab Werk zzgl. Verpackung

Shipping and taxes are more than the price of the ladder.

It would almost be the same price to go there and buy it and fly back home.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@ADVAW8S
I got the reply from Mrs. Dürrich and it's well, I'll have to think long about this one. Of course, everyone can make their own financial choices, but for me, I'm not sure I want it that much:
(Prices are in EUR)

kunststoffbeschichtet
Zwischensumme 1.430,80
zzgl. Verpackung 9,80
Gesamt Netto 1.430,80
Gesamtbetrag 1.702,65

That is expensive. I like their stuff but not going to happen. Maybe BSI will get their US distribution set up and we can ask Thomas to make a jerry can ladder similar to Le Tech.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
@ADVAW8S
(Prices are in EUR)

kunststoffbeschichtet
Zwischensumme 1.430,80
zzgl. Verpackung 9,80
Gesamt Netto 1.430,80
Gesamtbetrag 1.702,65

So E1,700? ~ $1800 just for the ladder?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
That's all in including taxes and shipping. It's basically 1k to pay the duty tax and shipping and 892 for ladder. Crazy, just crazy.
It seems that shiping is the big barrier buy things from abroad. Hopefully options Stateside will begin to materialize.

Back
Top Bottom