The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Let it bong.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
This afternoon I went to see my agent to finally pick up my car title, which was still there.

We had a lengthy conversation about this and that and some problems with the cars, you all know the glitches. Water, bongs, quality issues, etc. None of these are show stoppers, but of course annoying.

I can assure you that the agents are doing their best. But (this is my personal take) we have to accept that we bought something brand new on the market, and we all knew about it. And we got a price that no one else will ever get in the future.

But let's get to the topic: Some time ago I had talked to Christian from LR Time about the display messages, whereupon he said that you shouldn't underestimate that. Because if you continue to drive a vehicle even though such serious defects (power steering, airbags, transmission ...) are reported, you might risk your warranty: red defects ultimately mean that you are not allowed to continue driving.

This triggered me to have a closer look at the issue and so I meticulously studied the manual: Nowhere in the manual are the messages of the display even mentioned. And if you read carefully, you find instead that only the warnings on the small driver display are relevant. So my personal decision was to simply ignore the Central Display Bongs.

And today I got this officially confirmed and was also sent an official EMail with the confirmation.

The answer is that such messages can be ignored as long as they only appear on the central display.

However, if they appear on the small driver display behind the steering wheel in orange or red color, they should definitely be taken seriously.

Long story short: As long as the above conditions are met, you can sit back, relax and just

let it bong.

:cool:

Last edited:

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
If folks are too worked up and feeling stressed about the lights, there's another type of bong that might help too.

200.gif

;)

Kidding of course - that's really great info that the centre screen can be ignored. A software fix for the centre screen will be available I'm sure in the very near future, and then that will be applied to all future models - all in all, a fairly minor growing pain.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
This afternoon I went to see my agent to finally pick up my car title, which was still there.

We had a lengthy conversation about this and that and some problems with the cars, you all know the glitches. Water, bongs, quality issues, etc. None of these are show stoppers, but of course annoying.

I can assure you that the agents are doing their best. But (this is my personal take) we have to accept that we bought something brand new on the market, and we all knew about it. And we got a price that no one else will ever get in the future.

But let's get to the topic: Some time ago I had talked to Christian from LR Time about the display messages, whereupon he said that you shouldn't underestimate that. Because if you continue to drive a vehicle even though such serious defects (power steering, airbags, transmission ...) are reported, you might risk your warranty: red defects ultimately mean that you are not allowed to continue driving.

This triggered me to have a closer look at the issue and so I meticulously studied the manual: Nowhere in the manual are the messages of the display even mentioned. And if you read carefully, you find instead that only the warnings on the small driver display are relevant. So my personal decision was to simply ignore the Centra Display Bongs.

And today I got this officially confirmed and was also sent an official EMail with the confirmation.

The answer is that such messages can be ignored as long as they only appear on the central display.

However, if they appear on the small driver display behind the steering wheel in orange or red color, they should definitely be taken seriously.

Long story short: As long as the above conditions are met, you can sit back, relax and just

let it bong.

:cool:

Unfortunately, I totally agree that's how my agent Chandlers of Belton (UK) briefed me.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
Same here, the “tell tale” light cluster behind the steering wheel are the ones to take heed of.

Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully this will be sorted in time. Having spent £60,000+ you don't want warning lights and bongs even if they "can be ignored"

My old Defender was better in this respect. No bongs, and only two warning lights that mattered.
If the yellow one lit up you'd be stopped at the side of the road because it meant the ECU had failed.
The red one meant the battery wasn't charging. l never saw that one.

The TD5 Defender water temperature gauge basically had three positions
"Cold" "Normal" and "Too Late"

The ABS/TC warning lights randomly lit up and it couldn't be sorted after many visits to the garage so l covered the warning lights with black tape.

The ABS and Traction Control still worked, although in 90,000 miles it never kicked in except on the occasions l decided to check it was
still working

l would love a Grenadier, the issues wouldn't bother me as they'll be sorted in time.
Hopefully l will get one in the future particularly if it ever achieves "Commercial" status with HMRC

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully this will be sorted in time. Having spent £60,000+ you don't want warning lights and bongs even if they "can be ignored"

My old Defender was better in this respect. No bongs, and only two warning lights that mattered.
If the yellow one lit up you'd be stopped at the side of the road because it meant the ECU had failed.
The red one meant the battery wasn't charging. l never saw that one.

The TD5 Defender water temperature gauge basically had three positions
"Cold" "Normal" and "Too Late"

The ABS/TC warning lights randomly lit up and it couldn't be sorted after many visits to the garage so l covered the warning lights with black tape.

The ABS and Traction Control still worked, although in 90,000 miles it never kicked in except on the occasions l decided to check it was
still working

l would love a Grenadier, the issues wouldn't bother me as they'll be sorted in time.
Hopefully l will get one in the future particularly if it ever achieves "Commercial" status with HMRC

I accepted the Bongs and warnings on the basis that the fix was around the corner. This was 2 months ago, we are no further forward, yes I know I am impatient, but this situation is now unacceptable. We all need a truthful answer of when the fix will be done.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What if we want the two kids in the back to remain sleeping, and the BONGS just keeping going off and waking them. I will be one mighty pi$$ed customer!

Local time
Reaction score
l think lneos released the Grenadier too soon, before it was fully signed off.

But there likely was a lot of pressure to get vehicles to customers, as it was already delayed due to covid and other issues such as components supply.

Back
Top Bottom