The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Leaking - Multiple Areas

MMICHAELS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
well the heavens opened up today in Houston. And now I feel like i'm back in my Defender. Leak into the headliner, driver's side, water coming out ever so slightly on the driver's side dash. I'm frustrated, but not surprised . . . it is in fact a British car, kind of. So maybe part of the charm. I guess we will find out how robust the electrics are - I have service in a few hundred more miles, maybe they can figure it out then. Or maybe if I'm lucky mold will seal the leaks . . .

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
well the heavens opened up today in Houston. And now I feel like i'm back in my Defender. Leak into the headliner, driver's side, water coming out ever so slightly on the driver's side dash. I'm frustrated, but not surprised . . . it is in fact a British car, kind of. So maybe part of the charm. I guess we will find out how robust the electrics are - I have service in a few hundred more miles, maybe they can figure it out then. Or maybe if I'm lucky mold will seal the leaks . . .
I put some tape around the safari roof for a couple weeks until I was able to get it fixed. I didn’t have any leaking with the tape on there.

Hitchedprawn

Production/Transit
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
I suggest you give them a heads up and get them to order in some spares already....you don't want to end up like the poor guy who's been waiting for over a month!

MMICHAELS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
I suggest you give them a heads up and get them to order in some spares already....you don't want to end up like the poor guy who's been waiting for over a month!
Well - I'm lucky in that the dealership is around the corner. It's not a ton of water - but I suspect it will be one day. I'll call them all the same.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
British car, I wish. Built in France in an ex-Benz factory, largely a De design I think. Build system proven in Austria. I had ingress with condensation in compass and main screen. Gone now after three days with the repair shop.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi MMICHAELS,
If you ever need to remove a stain from your headliner or for that matter any fabric, simply use Folex.
I once partially left a moon roof open on a prior Range Rover Sport when I sprayed down my car. The water spilled into the car and ruined the headliner, or so I thought.
Before replacing it I tried Folex and it came back to NEW!. It’s an amazing product.
To use it on a headliner, take a fine mircrofiber cloth and get it slightly damp by using distilled water and wring it out.
Lightly spray both the headliner and microfiber cloth and lightly dap at the stain, (never rub it), and continue to do so until the stain appears gone. I also continue to dab past the stain in order to lightly feather the damp area out to a dry area. Let it dry and you too will be amazed how incredible this product is. Super reasonable and a little goes a long way. Available in many supermarkets and on Amazon.
DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
British car, I wish. Built in France in an ex-Benz factory, largely a De design I think. Build system proven in Austria. I had ingress with condensation in compass and main screen. Gone now after three days with the repair shop.
The UK contributed the leaks and glitchy electrics - a proper British automotive contribution!

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
The UK contributed the leaks and glitchy electrics - a proper British automotive contribution!
Reminds me of an old joke: “Do you know why the Brits stopped making televisions? They gave up trying to figure out how to make them drip oil”

arcteryx33

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have multiple leaks on my new 24 on both rear quarter windows (service manager said it was coming from the mounts above the window that support the bar) and over the 70 side of the tail gate which apparently is in a bulletin. The list continues to grow for me on warranty items on a car with 300 miles including steering box issues, leaking washer tank, multiple display errors, the boot wash from the front passenger door and annoying noises in the dash from seemingly sounds like loose items rattling around.

Last edited:

carpetman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine does it in the rear load area. Over the side windows but behind the rear door rubbers is absolutely soaking after the merest rain. Think its the seam across the roof above the rear door. Hopefully photos show. Been to dealership once and no change......................................View attachment 7854928
Hi M18rus, Did you ever get this resolved. I have water in the same area, however, its very slight 10-15ml after a heavy shower. I haven't been able to re-create it using the garden hose. Cheers.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Somewhere on here I am sure I saw someone posted something similar but it had developed as a problem as opposed to leaving the factory like that. I could be wrong though.

However due to me seeing that comment I always check mine when I am washing it and have the steps out to do the roof
Mine developed this in exactly the same area. I got away lightly so far with no leaking though.

Back
Top Bottom