The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Leaking - Multiple Areas

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
Good to know. Perhaps we should all inspect that area.
It is fairly high up so wouldn’t be a place most of us would see or normally check. A quick look might save water ingress or trapped water and corrosion issues. And it is an easy fix.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
Somewhere on here I am sure I saw someone posted something similar but it had developed as a problem as opposed to leaving the factory like that. I could be wrong though.

However due to me seeing that comment I always check mine when I am washing it and have the steps out to do the roof

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have a hunch it's not your screen, as they are bonded and that is a trim panel coming apart. My first stop would be the sunroof(s) check for clear drains on both sides. if it was the screen it would be leaking down the sides (A pillar) as well.
I’m pretty sure it’s the screen. The only place the screen is coming off is in the center near the camera which is where the water appears to be leaking from. I’ve had a couple others reach out who had the same issue. It’s not leaking down the sides because the screen is fine on the sides. It’s localized to a small section in the middle. With that being said, I’m gonna have the dealer look at it and confirm.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it’s the screen. The only place the screen is coming off is in the center near the camera which is where the water appears to be leaking from. I’ve had a couple others reach out who had the same issue. It’s not leaking down the sides because the screen is fine on the sides. It’s localized to a small section in the middle. With that being said, I’m gonna have the dealer look at it and confirm.
Look forward to hearing what Triad has to say!

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They were supposed to call me first thing Monday morning and I haven’t heard from them. I’ve followed up multiple times.
Is the vehicle at Triad currently?

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Agree Jean. Had the same topic and since the dealer fixed the sealing and „re-adjusted“ it that problem was solved.
Had the water coming in at the same spots like you @bjsheeri .
I spoke to dealer and they should have the parts later this week to seal safari roof and/or the rubber piece along the windshield (if that is what is causing it). I haven’t had any leaking since I put some tape along rubber piece along windshield. With that being said, I’d like to put some tape along the safari roof just in case I’m wrong. Where should I put it to prevent leaking? Just along the edges?
@Jean Mercier

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
I spoke to dealer and they should have the parts later this week to seal safari roof and/or the rubber piece along the windshield (if that is what is causing it). I haven’t had any leaking since I put some tape along rubber piece along windshield. With that being said, I’d like to put some tape along the safari roof just in case I’m wrong. Where should I put it to prevent leaking? Just along the edges?
@Jean Mercier
yes, along the edges.
But better buy a tube of Sikalastomer 710 black: my dealer advised me this, I did it myself, and although it is not beautiful, it works. And it is removable.
See my post here:

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
What type of tape did you use? I have the same issue and want temp fix until I can get to the dealer.

Thanks.
I’ve been using black electrical tape but the dealer recommended painters tape. With that being said, I was still having some leaking when I taped the windshield so I also taped the safari sunroofs. Haven’t had a leak since then.

staitleman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom