The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Key battery empty

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Today I got the information while starting the engine, that the battery of the key is close to be empty.
Not a big thing, but I am a bit surprised. After 5 month and only 19.000 km the key battery is empty. Never had that in the last decades.

Again, nothing serious, but maybe it is worth to share, that it is a good idea to have some spare batteries (2032) in the car.

Anybody else had this experience?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
Today I got the information while starting the engine, that the battery of the key is close to be empty.
Not a big thing, but I am a bit surprised. After 5 month and only 19.000 km the key battery is empty. Never had that in the last decades.

Again, nothing serious, but maybe it is worth to share, that it is a good idea to have some spare batteries (2032) in the car.

Might be if the keys are a " tight fit" in your pocket and they are being activated all of the time. We know the panic alarm is sensitive to the touch, maybe the lock and unlock transmission buttons are.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
On the other hand, the key should function even without batteries in the old fashioned mechanical way, therefore I don't want to carry a spare, and sure not IN the car.
Good point Jean- I just do not know, how the car react if the battery is totally empty. The warning mentioned „almost“. For sure you could open the door in the old way…..but I really do not know what happens , if it is totally empty. Just thought that maybe the immobilizer reacts.
Again, I am not sure - and do not want to find out. 😂😂😂 Thats why I changed it before it runs totally emoty 😉

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
I see. Don't most of us hide a key somewhere under the vehicle?
Spare battery for the remote. But, yes, I plan to cut a metal key to hide unless and probably even if I can get another Ineos key / fob.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
On the other hand, the key should function even without batteries in the old fashioned mechanical way, therefore I don't want to carry a spare, and sure not IN the car.
I think a CR 2032 should fit in the @chrsbe center storage box tray we're all printing. (y)

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
After locking myself out of a car in the middle of now where 35 years ago I have always kept a spare key under the vehicle. Don't worry, none of you yahoos will find it. Came in very handy with an old pathfinder where all the doors would lock if I closed the drivers door too hard.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score

While you have the battery out when changing it, see if the car will unlock, start, alarm not going off, throw warnings...
Just so the rest of us don't have to 😀

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
Might explode and destroy your pleather gloves?

Back
Top Bottom