The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just Took Delivery

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my Shale Blue Fieldmaster a week ago from Crown Ineos in St Petersburg Fl, excellent group there and highly recommend contacting Marcus Rogers there.
520 miles so far, initial drive home was all hwy @ 105 miles, here's my observations after a week:
Highs:
Overall absolutely made the right choice in buying this truck.
Also made the right Shale Blue color choice along with it's red ladder frame, gorgeous and an excellent paint job.
Steering took 15 minutes to get used to, now don't even think about it.
Larger in real life and from what I remembered from the test drive last September. It has a great presence and sits there like a bulldog.
I didn't order the factory side steps, ordered Urban dual side steps from England instead and they look sooo much better, see pic.
Wasn't expecting such comfort overall, surprisingly quiet and the on road suspension is excellent and compliant. Compared to the hardtop Bronco I drove for 1500 miles in Colorado recently, there's absolutely no comparison, it's much more refined in every way more G wagon.
Fit and finish overall is excellent, did not expect this level of quality from a new manufacturer.
Doors close with a satisfying thunk and goes to the overall quality of the vehicle.
Overall I'm very pleased and highly recommend it to anyone sitting on the fence.
With tax I paid about + $86000. Really in today's market that's not an unreasonable price for what you're getting.
Lows:
Annoying booming exhaust noise at 70-80 Mph not an issue generally and I don't notice it around town.
Back-up camera is kind of a joke isn't it, I mean why not at least a full screen?
Damn annoying clicking noise when one exceeds the speed limit, I use the Yellowlab recommended Favorite button and shut the damn thing off everytime I start the car.
No place for your phone, not in front of the BMW gear lever and not on top of the dash drivers side. Try laying your phone up there and turn left with the window open, whooop your phone is out of the window onto the road.
Cup holders, good grief of all the wonderful design thought that's went into the Grenadier, the undersized cup holders I mean common guys. Amazon has a fix luckily.
Rear visibility, what rear visibility? Had a C8 Corvette behind me at the light yesterday, I couldn't see him at all until I drove away.
Only one gremlin so far, I'm getting an intermittent front camera malfunction idiot light and the following warning, "Speed Assist Limited Function" then it all randomly disappears?
Waiting on my tow hitch to be reinstalled but happy with the $800 credit for the inconvenience.
Other than that I'm a happy camper.IMG_8980.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6382.jpg
    IMG_6382.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my Shale Blue Fieldmaster a week ago from Crown Ineos in St Petersburg Fl, excellent group there and highly recommend contacting Marcus Rogers there.
520 miles so far, initial drive home was all hwy @ 105 miles, here's my observations after a week:
Highs:
Also made the right Shale Blue color choice along with it's red ladder frame, gorgeous and an excellent paint job.
Larger in real life and from what I remembered from the test drive last September. It has a great presence and sits there like a bulldog.
I didn't order the factory side steps, ordered Urban dual side steps from England instead and they look sooo much better, see pic.
Wasn't expecting such comfort overall, surprisingly quiet and the on road suspension is excellent and compliant. Compared to the hardtop Bronco I drove for 1500 miles in Colorado recently, there's absolutely no comparison, it's much more refined in every way more G wagon.
Fit and finish overall is excellent, did not expect this level of quality from a new manufacturer.
Doors close with a satisfying thunk and goes to the overall quality of the vehicle.
Overall I'm very pleased and highly recommend it to anyone sitting on the fence.
With tax I paid about + $86000. Really in today's market that's not an unreasonable price for what you're getting.
Lows:
Annoying booming exhaust noise at 70-80 Mph not an issue generally and I don't notice it around town.
Back-up camera is kind of a joke isn't it, I mean why not at least a full screen?
Damn annoying clicking noise when one exceeds the speed limit, I use the Yellowlab recommended Favorite button and shut the damn thing off everytime I start the car.
No place for your phone, not in front of the BMW gear lever and not on top of the dash drivers side. Try laying your phone up there and turn left with the window open, whooop your phone is out of the window onto the road.
Cup holders, good grief of all the wonderful design thought that's went into the Grenadier, the undersized cup holders I mean common guys. Amazon has a fix luckily.
Rear visibility, what rear visibility? Had a C8 Corvette behind me at the light yesterday, I couldn't see him at all until I drove away.
Only one gremlin so far, I'm getting an intermittent front camera malfunction idiot light and the following warning, "Speed Assist Limited Function" then it all randomly disappears?
Waiting on my tow hitch to be reinstalled but happy with the $800 credit for the inconvenience.
Other than that I'm a happy camper.View attachment 7837874
Nice report. Thanks for the summary and have fun with your new mate.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
Highs:
Lows:
Hi zvakanaka, Congratulations on your new Shale Blue Grenadier. I ordered Shale Blue too, now wish I would have ordered the red frame, looks fantastic. Miles of Smiles to you and Happy New Year too.
DaBull

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Great looking rig. Why not the BFG KO2's? I thought they were standard?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Highs:
Lows:
Welcome and a great write up. You can adjust the speed warning beep in settings. Set it to 100 mph and forget. 😊

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Okay I confused .... Raised air intake I thought was only available on a TM. Is the photo not of a TM? With FM rims and tires ?
:unsure:
I believe it's an option you can get for the Fieldmaster. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom