The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Took Delivery Yesterday

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
Hello to the forum and to it's members.
I took delivery of my Scottish White Grenadier yesterday. And the build has already started. 1st order of business was new tires. I installed a set (including spare of course) of GY Duratracs RT, 255/80/17 on factory steelies.
The build will involve doing the Goose Gear rear seat delete, Front Runner 3/4 roof rack, REDARC manager 30 w/100 ah lithium battery, 100 watt solar panel and an array of BluSea electrics to run interior 12v and fridge.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this truck compares to the Land Rovers and Toyotas and jeeps I've built and travelled in over the last 40+ years.
I was lucky enough to be really good friends with my local dealer and was able to do an indepth test drive. I think I really understood the intentions of what this car was built for.
I look forward to browsing thru the forum, and seeing what others are doing to their IG.

Cheers
Jeff

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats, enjoy it
I've built many Landies and Jeeps and Toyotas over the years, but this one is planned to be something really fun. I'll be posting pics as the project progresses. Hope everyone finds something of interest.
And by all means if something looks a bit off please comment or query as to my reasoning. I've got pretty thick skin!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:58 PM
Reaction score
Hello to the forum and to it's members.
I took delivery of my Scottish White Grenadier yesterday. And the build has already started. 1st order of business was new tires. I installed a set (including spare of course) of GY Duratracs RT, 255/80/17 on factory steelies.
The build will involve doing the Goose Gear rear seat delete, Front Runner 3/4 roof rack, REDARC manager 30 w/100 ah lithium battery, 100 watt solar panel and an array of BluSea electrics to run interior 12v and fridge.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this truck compares to the Land Rovers and Toyotas and jeeps I've built and travelled in over the last 40+ years.
I was lucky enough to be really good friends with my local dealer and was able to do an indepth test drive. I think I really understood the intentions of what this car was built for.
I look forward to browsing thru the forum, and seeing what others are doing to their IG.

Cheers
Jeff
Any chance you could take an overall height measurement with the new tires? This is the exact tire and wheel setup I am planning and I am now starting to sweat garage clearance a bit.

An initial tire review would be greatly appreciated as well. I had the first gen Duratracs on my old Armada and I still think it was one of the best tires I have ever had.

Thanks in advance and excited to keep track of your build.

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any chance you could take an overall height measurement with the new tires? This is the exact tire and wheel setup I am planning and I am now starting to sweat garage clearance a bit.

An initial tire review would be greatly appreciated as well. I had the first gen Duratracs on my old Armada and I still think it was one of the best tires I have ever had.

Thanks in advance and excited to keep track of your build.
I'll get the mesurerment today. Keep in mind, as of today the car is unlaiden and it is equipped with tow pack. I don't know if the rear has taller springs than one spec'd without the tow hitch.
I think the truck looks pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_8603.jpg
    IMG_8603.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 73

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'll get the mesurerment today. Keep in mind, as of today the car is unlaiden and it is equipped with tow pack. I don't know if the rear has taller springs than one spec'd without the tow hitch.
I think the truck looks pretty good.
Truck looks excellent, mine will be similar, lockers, tow package, so maybe a good comparison. I really appreciate it.

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Truck looks excellent, mine will be similar, lockers, tow package, so maybe a good comparison. I really appreciate it.
Best measurement I come up with is 80.5" from floor to top of rubber roof rails.
And the truck squeezes under a 7' garage door. I wouldn't want to pull out of the garage if there were say 3-6" of snow in the drive! YIKES!
I do think after the build, and the truck is laiden I'll easily gain an inch or two of clearance.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Best measurement I come up with is 80.5" from floor to top of rubber roof rails.
And the truck squeezes under a 7' garage door. I wouldn't want to pull out of the garage if there were say 3-6" of snow in the drive! YIKES!
I do think after the build, and the truck is laiden I'll easily gain an inch or two of clearance.
Thanks again, it's going to be a tight squeeze for mine as well I'm guessing. Will need either a very low profile roof rack or it will be sitting outside when it does have a roof rack on. Just a hair under 84 inches from the rubber garage door trim to the floor........... I pulled a brand new, bright red F250 into my garage a few years ago, with my wife guiding me. Listed height for that stupid thing was 81.5 inches. It barely fit in the driveway let alone fitting in the garage.The look on her face said, there is no way that is going to fit and what the hell are you trying to compensate for.

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks again, it's going to be a tight squeeze for mine as well I'm guessing. Will need either a very low profile roof rack or it will be sitting outside when it does have a roof rack on. Just a hair under 84 inches from the rubber garage door trim to the floor........... I pulled a brand new, bright red F250 into my garage a few years ago, with my wife guiding me. Listed height for that stupid thing was 81.5 inches. It barely fit in the driveway let alone fitting in the garage.The look on her face said, there is no way that is going to fit and what the hell are you trying to compensate for.
There's no way mine will fit in the garage after the roof rack and Bush Company 270max awning goes on. It makes me a bit nervous about leaving the truck outside all the time. Some people have sticky fingers and are looking for an opportunity to lift stuff off an accessable build.
Best of luck to ya. hope it works out

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
pizza crying GIF

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi MTNDOG and Dezroamer, I have same issue, a low garage door opening. If you are looking a for very low profile rack design you might want to check out Leitner Designs. Bernard Leitner owns a Grenadier and has designed very low robust brackets that his rack mounts to, which is also low profile. I drove down to his shop last week to see them in person and was extraordinary impressed. The brackets are cnc milled from a solid aluminum billet and are attached at both the aluminum roof tubes and brackets that hold the aluminum tubes. Extremely stout and the top of them sets practically flush to no more than 1/4" about the 4 plastic strips on top of the Grenadier. His rack attaches to the brackets providing a very low profile rack and it is nice looking too. As far as overlanding his rack, he over engineers everything. His rack is also designed for you to tuck away any wiring inside the perimeter frame of the rack. It appears that his rack is 2" high based on the link / design below and if you add 1/4" for the top of the bracket extending 1/4" above the plastic strips, you come up with 2.25" high overall. Please confirm with Bernard Leitner before ordering his rack. You should also check out his cargo boxes that set on top of the racks, they open from the side providing easy access and you can also stack 100 pounds on top. You just have to remember to take the cargo pods off the roof before driving into your garage. Another very low profile rack to check out is from Blacksheep. See links below.
DaBull

Link to Grenadier Rack from Leitner Designs

Link to Blacksheep Inovations

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi MTNDOG and Dezroamer, I have same issue, a low garage door opening. If you are looking a for very low profile rack design you might want to check out Leitner Designs. Bernard Leitner owns a Grenadier and has designed very low robust brackets that his rack mounts to, which is also low profile. I drove down to his shop last week to see them in person and was extraordinary impressed. The brackets are cnc milled from a solid aluminum billet and are attached at both the aluminum roof tubes and brackets that hold the aluminum tubes. Extremely stout and the top of them sets practically flush to no more than 1/4" about the 4 plastic strips on top of the Grenadier. His rack attaches to the brackets providing a very low profile rack and it is nice looking too. As far as overlanding his rack, he over engineers everything. His rack is also designed for you to tuck away any wiring inside the perimeter frame of the rack. It appears that his rack is 2" high based on the link / design below and if you add 1/4" for the top of the bracket extending 1/4" above the plastic strips, you come up with 2.25" high overall. Please confirm with Bernard Leitner before ordering his rack. You should also check out his cargo boxes that set on top of the racks, they open from the side providing easy access and you can also stack 100 pounds on top. You just have to remember to take the cargo pods off the roof before driving into your garage. Another very low profile rack to check out is from Blacksheep. See links below.
DaBull

Thank you, I have already reached out to see if just the brackets will be available, without the entire rack. I have so lower profile Yakima HD Bars that might work perfectly. The whole rack is really nice looking as well.

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
DaBull

I looked at the website,, I didn't see any pictures of it installed on the Ineos.
Do you know if he has any he can send via e-mail?

Even if the rack added only a couple inches to the height I still wouldn't be able to get it in the garage.

Thanks for the info. Appreciated!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I looked at the website,, I didn't see any pictures of it installed on the Ineos.

Even if the rack added only a couple inches to the height I still wouldn't be able to get it in the garage.

Try this

The thread has pictures and videos

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
255/80 club!

Need to get mine ordered.
After driving about 100 miles As with all tall skinnies, It seems the truck's steering is a bit twitchy. If that word makes sense.?
Quicker to driver input might be a better way to describe it. But it acts the same as my Land Rovers when I put 235's or 255's on those as well.
Personally it doesn't bother me. I'm hopeful that by going narrower my fuel economy might be a bit better. Every MPG increase helps.
And I don't think power preformance suffered at all even though the increase in diameter was approx 1.5-1.75" over stock 265/70/17 BFG KO2, again possibly due to a bit narrower tire.
BTW,, My thoughts on this is subjective and in my opinion.

Happy travels!

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
After driving about 100 miles As with all tall skinnies, It seems the truck's steering is a bit twitchy. If that word makes sense.?
Quicker to driver input might be a better way to describe it. But it acts the same as my Land Rovers when I put 235's or 255's on those as well.
Personally it doesn't bother me. I'm hopeful that by going narrower my fuel economy might be a bit better. Every MPG increase helps.
And I don't think power preformance suffered at all even though the increase in diameter was approx 1.5-1.75" over stock 265/70/17 BFG KO2, again possibly due to a bit narrower tire.
BTW,, My thoughts on this is subjective and in my opinion.

Happy travels!
@DezRoamer I know the exact "Twitchy" feeling you are referring to, as I felt a bit of the same when I moved to 35x10.5 RTs on my tacoma, however it was subtle.
Question for you: Have you had any type of alignments performed on the Grenadier since taking delivery from your dealer? Several on the forum have mentioned that when they did get one done the alignment was out of spec more than might be expected given the newness of the vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom