The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Joining the queue

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been the but of many Land Rover jokes especially from all the Toyota drivers in Southern Africa. Three years ago whilst going up the Sani Pass into Lesotho after a big storm , the Landcruiser in front of me damaged his rear differential caused by reckless driving, I had the last laugh that day, I drove up slow and steady then sat in the highest pub in Africa to watch the Toyota below me get taken back down the mountain pass
In all honesty I never had a problem with my Defender other than the normal on any vehicle such as brake pads and shock absorbers.
But I do like jokes about other peoples vehicles all the same. My Grandfather on my mums side was as Irish as they come but loved jokes about Irish men 😂

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been the but of many Land Rover jokes especially from all the Toyota drivers in Southern Africa. Three years ago whilst going up the Sani Pass into Lesotho after a big storm , the Landcruiser in front of me damaged his rear differential caused by reckless driving, I had the last laugh that day, I drove up slow and steady then sat in the highest pub in Africa to watch the Toyota below me get taken back down the mountain pass
In all honesty I never had a problem with my Defender other than the normal on any vehicle such as brake pads and shock absorbers.
But I do like jokes about other peoples vehicles all the same. My Grandfather on my mums side was as Irish as they come but loved jokes about Irish men 😂
It’s most important to be able to laugh at yourself!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
It should be TRIALmaster not TRAILmaster ;) although I like more the mistake you made as the right name for our car!
Trail conjures up images of grassy lanes and butterflies. And convoys.
Trial is where the excitement starts 😁
When you wish you'd ordered the winch 😆

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Trail conjures up images of grassy lanes and butterflies. And convoys.
Trial is where the excitement starts 😁
When you wish you'd ordered the winch 😆
Ok, I like trails, I ordered the winch for my "trailmaster" or is it "trialmaster" and I like some excitement too. :D🍻

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
This Tasmanian mountain is called Frenchman's Cap. I chase butterflies (with a camera) in remote places; they exhibit "hilltopping" behaviour when showing off to females.
Same thing with 4x4 guys, but usually it's men they are trying to impress 😁MS.jpg

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score

Bit pricey but you get the hat box.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
Bet it"s never been shot at while owner rafted the Blue Nile 😄
You’re probably right on the money there.

But I bet if you arrived at the Grenadier pub asking for your vehicle wearing one you’d get bumped up the queue. (Especially if it was shot at on the blue Nile) it would be in very bad taste if you weren’t.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All right, Lads. Less of the colonial-obsessive-disorder. Empire free zone here 😉

This site is after all about the best French vehicle ever built 😘 Ooh la la

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Means 100.000 times welcome in Irish Gaelic. Gaeilge an hEireann .. in Ireland in particular in the West / Dingle Island rather common... I can read it here and there, know a few terms to orient myself.. Most important Slán .. You will guess once you visit a pub there. Seans in Athlone.. always worth a visit. But do not take your IG to ride home..
Better grab a tacsai
Learned something new.

I'll put it in the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch box.

Even though it's not welsh.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Learned something new.

I'll put it in the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch box.
Yah that’s cymri.. (comrades) Welsh. Never been at that place. Only Cardiff and way west to Fishguard. Different type of island celtic language. Btw celts lived here in the Wetterau as well However gone as the language.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
All right, Lads. Less of the colonial-obsessive-disorder. Empire free zone here 😉9
This site is after all about the best French vehicle ever built 😘 Ooh la la
In a place "Where the Trails Run Out" , well at least my Trailmaster hopefully soon 😉🙋‍♂️🙂

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Good try @Tazzieman , but it is "trial and error", therefore TrialMaster, not TrailMaster :ROFLMAO:
And as I know how to set a lure , I deliberately added the "boy with his hand up" emoticon after the "wink" emoticon.
You have to get up earlier in the day if you want to catch me our 😁

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And as I know how to set a lure , I deliberately added the "boy with his hand up" emoticon after the "wink" emoticon.
You have to get up earlier in the day if you want to catch me our 😁
Congrats, Tazzie, now we watch you more closely 😬😅

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats, Tazzie, now we watch you more closely 😬😅
The author of that "colonial" book (Blashers) ringed his camps in Africa with a string of tin cans containing small stones.
I'm as canny as a Scotsman ; it must be the English , Welsh and Irish blood in me 🤪

Back
Top Bottom