The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos John Canny's newest video

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
I love how the big “headlines” are click bait. Gotta get those YT views from somewhere.
I initially thought the fuel issue was related to not having the larger filler, but alas no. 😉

He also always eludes to some drama in the next video, which rarely is a drama.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
I love how the big “headlines” are click bait. Gotta get those YT views from somewhere.
I initially thought the fuel issue was related to not having the larger filler, but alas no. 😉

He also always eludes to some drama in the next video, which rarely is a drama.
Yes, very true that

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Am shocked he didnt bother checking if he can pour his jerry cans into the Grenie going up tocAPE yORK ON A 5,000 km trip. Supposed to prep any car, can be toughm, like manually undoing & retighten every wheel nut. I await what next will occur. Lesson to all though, trip preparation is essential, even a few shake down trips.

There is an issue where he got caught with Hi-Flow Diesel pump not fitting. I rook dvice from others got this from the US, a VW/Audi part as backup. The OEM BRAND NEW VW Volkswagen TDI Diesel Fuel Nozzle Ad...

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Learned nothing about the Grenadier. But as said earlier, was a good video on two old mates on a holiday in some very dry outback.

Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
Am shocked he didnt bother checking if he can pour his jerry cans into the Grenie going up tocAPE yORK ON A 5,000 km trip. Supposed to prep any car, can be toughm, like manually undoing & retighten every wheel nut. I await what next will occur. Lesson to all though, trip preparation is essential, even a few shake down trips.

There is an issue where he got caught with Hi-Flow Diesel pump not fitting. I rook dvice from others got this from the US, a VW/Audi part as backup. The OEM BRAND NEW VW Volkswagen TDI Diesel Fuel Nozzle Ad...
he said that he has a funnel but he left it behind

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I find it amusing that you are shocked he didn't check his jerry can (I agree by the way) and yet you didn't run spell check and it is OK.
1695031872521.png
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Learned nothing about the Grenadier. But as said earlier, was a good video on two old mates on a holiday in some very dry outback.
We did get another owner's reassurance that his new Grenadier was fit (fresh from the box) for purpose , reliable , reasonably economical and comfortable on bad roads.
The naysayers will say this is confirmation bias, but if nothing else it adds to the now fairly wide store of touring and towing experiences posted on social media and this forum.
And I'll bet everyone who's watched it will double check their fuel nozzle and croc knives are packed before a trip!
Note to self after the previous video : pack 2 dill pickles.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We did get another owner's reassurance that his new Grenadier was fit (fresh from the box) for purpose , reliable , reasonably economical and comfortable on bad roads.
The naysayers will say this is confirmation bias, but if nothing else it adds to the now fairly wide store of touring and towing experiences posted on social media and this forum.
And I'll bet everyone who's watched it will double check their fuel nozzle and croc knives are packed before a trip!
Note to self after the previous video : pack 2 dill pickles.
100% Tassie.
It's almost like he is waiting for something "real" to go wrong just so it makes his videos a bit more interesting (simply from a Youtube clickbait perspective)
However the Gren just behaves exactly how it was built to behave.

Reactions: CB

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Although you can’t guess what trouble he’s going to run in to, I’m betting the Gren hasn’t let him down.. He’s polished it up like a new pin now he’s home, which he‘d not have done if it’d let him down or misbehaved .

Reactions: CB

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Must be a generation thing, but listening to his classical music dub in a rufty tufty outback overland trip was a little surreal, and quite refreshing.
Heavy guitar riffs and bass overload would be the current marketing norm I’d have thought, so maybe the Grenadier is a little more refined and cultured in the grand scheme of things?
Does one concur?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Heavy guitar riffs and bass overload would be the current marketing norm I’d have thought, so maybe the Grenadier is a little more refined and cultured in the grand scheme of things?
People John's age are the same era of the originators of heavy guitar riffs 😀
I'm sure he's been to plenty of loud concerts , but nowadays is content to be his own man.
The YT musical overlays that are the norm these days seem to reflect a need to conform to what everyone else is doing. Sheep mentality.
IMO, these chosen overlays are generic , boring and often crap.
But then again I'm an older gent, with great musical taste 😁
Well done John for the soundtrack - natural , serene , appropriate - and not requiring me to punch the mute button!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I found something in the pantry at home that would appear to be the Swiss army knife of funnels.
So John Canny , if you're watching , and planning to do the Canning SR , or just some canning , or filling, or peeing or even party hatting, herewith!

20230919_083604.jpg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Must be a generation thing, but listening to his classical music dub in a rufty tufty outback overland trip was a little surreal, and quite refreshing.
Does one concur?
While I'm not a fan of his choice, it is a change form the norm, that "norm" is free for YTers to use but it does get annoying. Also the faux drama becomes somewhat benign

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found something in the pantry at home that would appear to be the Swiss army knife of funnels.
So John Canny , if you're watching , and planning to do the Canning SR , or just some canning , or filling, or peeing or even party hatting, herewith!

View attachment 7827271
You've got way too much time on your hands @Tazzieman !

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
While I'm not a fan of his choice, it is a change form the norm, that "norm" is free for YTers to use but it does get annoying. Also the faux drama becomes somewhat benign
Agreed, classical music is fine but Brahm’s lullaby was a very incongruous choice for that video.

Back
Top Bottom