The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

It's there! Full specs and Prices.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
I can, however, not access the site, surprise, suprise ;-)

15000 reservations want know more ...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Well, thats's the Kamasutra effect: Hold back too long ... ;-)

Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
Trying my best to find the South African pricelist, am I missing something guys?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
@Krypt0n1te - South Africa allegedly here, stole the link from the Expo thread: https://mss-p-034-delivery.stylelabs.cloud/api/public/content/f5b01b229bcb4342b9ba861fbcca4e77

Folks I'm pretty chuffed. These prices look VERY good for what we are getting, and there are a few more customization options on that price sheet that I did not expect. Plus, those packages are both well thought out (the types of accessories that are being lumped together make sense to me in terms of end users -- people who want lockers will also want aux switches, air intake, etc. and the package reflects that) and good value for money. A bit of napkin math (that may be wrong I just did it quickly) shows that a $7k price bump comes with around $9k of accessories.

You are getting a lot of 4x4 for $59k. To contrast it with the next closest thing, a Jeep Unlimited Rubicon comes in at the same price give or take a few hundred bucks, but that means:

- About 1,000 lbs less payload (estimate based on memory)
- No raised air intake
- No "utility belt"
- No second battery
- No pre-wired aux switches
- No ability to carry roof loads

I'm sure there's more you won't get with the Rubi compared to the Gren but those items jumped out to me as being missing in the Rubicon; you surely can add all of those things to the Rubicon but parts and labour would likely be around $5k or more to achieve a similar level of function at least; given a decent roof rack can be $2k on it's own (where as the Gren can take roof loads as is), you are getting a lot more 4x4 for your money with the Gren as compared to the closest competition, by my measure.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
In Australia - can't access through the "Explore Specs" link, just pushes me back to home page.

Either blocked from Australia or too many people on it.

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332498902]In Australia - can't access through the "Explore Specs" link, just pushes me back to home page.

Either blocked from Australia or too many people on it.[/QUOTE]

Local time
Reaction score
You can see the price/ options list now in australia

Local time
Reaction score
Have you tried following the link from the email they sent us? 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
Yes - thanks Chester - I can view prices and options list.

The configurator still won't work though

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The email links also don’t work for me except for the product brochure (I’m in the U.K.). The “discover the details”, “show me how to buy”, and “show me servicing” links all take me to the generic website. Clicking on the link to “build your grenadier” takes me to the explore specs page. Am I missing something or are other people having this issue?

Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
I live in Ireland. Got the email yesterday with the link:

"The time has come. We’ve now revealed the complete product specifications and pricing for our rugged 4X4. So you can think about exactly how you will spec yours before you lock in your order. Engine, wheels and tyres, colours, interior trims, options, accessories – it’s all here."

Well, for us Irish it certainly doesn't appear "all her". No pricing to be found at all when I click on the link. 

My interest is starting to fade.. 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What I think:

The configurator was a dud. They got jumped by the high load on the server(s), and may be, the configurator was in fact "not ready for rollout".

So they have likely stopped the service and are fixing problems or installing a more capable hardware or both.

In one of my yersterdays readings there is written "when [in May] the configurator is ready ... ". Sounds very much like a second try. In the meantime they point us to the specs to pick the options manually. That's why I and others always end up somewhere different than the configurator - there is simply none ready which has all options.

I am even not able to load my stored configuration. And this is a strong indicator to me, that things don't work es planned.

However, I would say that a configuration on an international platform with different models per country and different options per model and different configuration packages automatically excluding redundant items and giving automatic advice for better prices with other combinations is really not a trivial matter. I've also seen bad things at Mercedes. Rest assured there is some overtime being worked there at the moment - and maybe a few heads will roll.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Here is what I mentioned above:

Translation by Google:
"Whatever you want from your Grenadier, our full product specs and pricing are ready for you. Now it's time to take a close look so you're ready to confirm your choices on May 18th. Just save the date - and then visit our full configurator to configure and order your Grenadier."

Original:
"Was Du auch von Deinem Grenadier erwartest, unsere vollständigen Produktspezifikationen und Preise stehen für Dich bereit. Jetzt ist es an der Zeit, Dir alles genau anzusehen, damit Du am 18. Mai bereit bist, Deine Auswahl zu bestätigen. Merke Dir einfach den Termin vor – und besuche dann unseren vollständigen Konfigurator, um Deinen Grenadier zu konfigurieren und zu bestellen."

Source:
https://ineosgrenadier.com/de/de/das-fahrzeug/fahrzeugkonfigurator

And this link formerly was the link to the configurator ...

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
emax said:
What I think:

The configurator was a dud. They got jumped by the high load on the server(s), and may be, the configurator was in fact "not ready for rollout".

So they have likely stopped the service and are fixing problems or installing a more capable hardware or both.

In one of my yersterdays readings there is written "when [in May] the configurator is ready ... ". Sounds very much like a second try. In the meantime they point us to the specs to pick the options manually. That's why I and others always end up somewhere different than the configurator - there is simply none ready which has all options.

I am even not able to load my stored configuration. And this is a strong indicator to me, that things don't work es planned.

However, I would say that a configuration on an international platform with different models per country and different options per model and different configuration packages automatically excluding redundant items and giving automatic advice for better prices with other combinations is really not a trivial matter. I've also seen bad things at Mercedes. Rest assured there is some overtime being worked there at the moment - and maybe a few heads will roll.

This is a very well reasoned and real world  response!! As someone who's "been there...done that"...it's a nightmare...especially when two finger typists from marketing who don't bother with spell check then demand instant changes from the poor wretches trying to code the correct thing on shoddy data..... UGHHHH!?????

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> been there...done that

I'm still there and doing that. Other clients, but same procedures. ?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Just been into my account on the website.  My reservation is there still but my saved configuration has disappeared! Trailmaster in Britania Blue it is then!
Plus a few extras!

Back
Top Bottom