The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

It's Not a Land-Rover

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
This is from February. An article which is a bit more elaborate than others.

It's all written from an US point of view:
  • US-prices coming by the end of 2022.
  • Global reservations yielded 15,000 orders - with a third destined for North America.
  • Country-side arrivals in North America coming in 2023.
Four pre-wiring connector housings at rooftop side grab rails (two possible for production units), 650 pound plus static rooftop load, about half that for dynamic capacity.

They say, back-winch option is planned as well. Fuel tank volume still work in progress.

https://www.treadmagazine.com/vehicles/ineos-grenadier-a-closer-look-its-not-a-land-rover/

Last edited:

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
That damn 127” wheelbase troops edition is what I’d love to have. Tell me more Ineos!!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
Paachi said:
That damn 127” wheelbase troops edition is what I’d love to have. Tell me more Ineos!!

Imagine a Grenadier troopy! 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That single piece of news might make not buy the wagon and wait for the troopy but then if people don’t buy the wagon there may never be a troopy..talk about dilemmas

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Don't worry. You guys in the US or Australia will not bother about size, you have plenty of space. Here in Europe this is very different. The cities and parking areas are way to narrow for big cars. So Europeans will likely buy the "small"er Grenadier. Enough for a Trooper, I guess.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Haha. Trust me I abhor large (especially wide ones) vehicles but having seen the Grenadier in person, the Troopy might be Goldilocks for me (at least in my fancies). Also, Toyota is proof that good sales globally still isn’t incentive for a company to sell lower volume variants in the US (Land Cruiser is no longer sold here)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
Last week I informed Land Rover that they had unfortunately lost me with their current model range of vehicles and that I ordered a Grenadier. It's nothing like a Land Rover, but it will replace my Defender.
Yesterday, a letter from head of Land Rover surprised me. It is very unfortunate, that I'm not excited about their new Defender. But maybe I would ever replace my Disco with a New Range Rover. They are making it available to me for extensive test drives. Of course, in keeping with the environmental movement, as a hybrid or even fully electric. I have accepted. In doing so, I am of course doing something for our future, for the common good ?

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=rovie rovie userid=8990308 postid=1333086318]Last week I informed Land Rover that they had unfortunately lost me with their current model range of vehicles 
[/QUOTE]

Peter Fritz expressed your same sentiments a while ago in this cartoon:

Attachments

• Picture25.jpg
    Picture25.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 25

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
Last week I informed Land Rover that they had unfortunately lost me with their current model range of vehicles and that I ordered a Grenadier. It's nothing like a Land Rover, but it will replace my Defender.
Yesterday, a letter from head of Land Rover surprised me. It is very unfortunate, that I'm not excited about their new Defender. But maybe I would ever replace my Disco with a New Range Rover. They are making it available to me for extensive test drives. Of course, in keeping with the environmental movement, as a hybrid or even fully electric. I have accepted. In doing so, I am of course doing something for our future, for the common good ?
Bullshit. You are just taking a luxury SUV for a free drive. Pretty sure we would all do the same

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi emax any chance of posting the Treadmagazine.com article please, i can't get past the firewall.
Thanks

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Try again, should work now.

The reason is that the migration of the forum seems to have appended a '.../something/ t=_blank' to many links (the red part including the leading whitespace). Probably to trigger a review of all links before publishing them after the migration, I don't know.

I have removed this and now it should work.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom