The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Is this bad luck ...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
... or a bad story?

Or maybe a bit of both?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Summary:

He had five orders and wanted to have orders 2-5 deleted and keep the first one.
But Ineos screwed up, he says.
Then, he bought a Defender.

EDIT: a 2014 Defender.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:01 AM
Reaction score
Summary:

He had five orders and wanted to have orders 2-5 deleted and keep the first one.
But Ineos screwed up, he says.
Then, he bought a Defender.
He was trying to game the reservation process for reasons unrelated fo ownership, and then “lost confidence“ based on Ineos failing to meet his assumption that reservation date alone (eg not specification, accessories, colour, country of delivery) determined expected delivery. Again, simply because he wanted to be an early owner.

Just another ASPW-type social media grifter trying to turn interest in the Grenadier into views/engagement.

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
Just to clarify: He bought a 2014 Defender - an RD model (Real Defender).
I believe he already had a Defender which he discussed with the Ineos rep in a video he made of himself attending a reservation holders preview of a prototype in London. He may have bought another Defender since cancelling his order.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
I agree he wanted to be an early owner. At the beginning of the ordering, there was a rumor, your order would be based on your confirmation numbers. He put it in order and got caught up in the order number discussion. He then decided to put down the deposit on 4 more to see if the confirmed numbers aligned with where you are in production. I feel the deletion mistake is on him.
He loves cars but seems to flip them on regular basis. He owns an F150 Raptor, a Defender Pick Up and now a 2014 Defender. He probably owns several sports cars.

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
Maybe I'm cynical but it read to me that he initially thought Grenadier would be oversubscribed and put down deposits on 5 vehicles possibly hoping to be able to flip them before getting cold feet. Had he really just been trying to get to the bottom of INEOS's reservation numbering why would he have put down a single reservation for 2 vehicles (shown in his earlier vid) rather than separate reservations that would have provided more data?

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
I once tried to watch a YouTube video he put up back when the configurator went live. I recognized right away that he was just trying to get YouTube views. There are more of those on YouTube, with regards to the grenadier, than there are videos with any actual content. The one that really drives me nuts is the German guy who occasionally filmed a prototype at his weird home with all his bros that don’t seem to do anything in life but post YouTube nonsense.

Attachments

• AE48D2C9-EB9F-46C9-A2BD-F6E772739849.png
    AE48D2C9-EB9F-46C9-A2BD-F6E772739849.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom