The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Is the Grenadier a "Cat in the Sack" - New Video online

Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Christian and I talk about if it is the right time to order a Grenadier, or are we buying a "Cat in the Sack". I really hope you like our video and please share your thoughts, either here or in the comment section of our video. Any input will be greatly appreciated. 

Have a great day 

???‍♀️Vera

https://youtu.be/VmsTBU6cqFA

Local time
Reaction score
You are both so cute and watchable. My wife (film maker) has very limited interest but finds you fun, interesting and informative. sehr gut keep it up..??

tinymovietime.com

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I loved it - especially the crack about the way to see a Grenadier as good value was to configure a new Defender. 

Before I started down the Grenadier rabbit hole, I had a serious explore of the LR configurator and created four fairly basic Defenders, which came out at £47,251, basic 90 van with tow bar, £47,700 110 SW on springs and tow pack, £52,725 90 SW on air with tow pack and £54,580, 110 van with tow pack. You just cannot buy any of these - the dealers either won't accept an order or quote 2 years+ for delivery. You can buy a really bling one, but it will be either 12-18 months, a really blinged up ex demo or a wildly overpriced used vehicle.

I'll stick to the "more costly than I'm really comfortable with" Grenadier at just over £60,000 on the road.

Local time
Reaction score
I have a 2022 110 P400 X-Dynamic SE. It's been perfect so far (15,000 miles), but I've had an Ineos reserved since February. The old school simplicity (I come from a Jeep Wrangler background) just suits me better. If the Grenadier drives on-road anywhere close to as nicely as the Defender does, I'll sell the Defender and keep the Ineos. I'm theirs to lose, in other words. 

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@NoGaBiker I don't think you can compare the two vehicles. The Grenadier is excellent on the road. But I want to use it mainly for work. For the road, we will soon be test-driving the new Range. That will certainly make another difference.

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=rovie userid=8990308 postid=1333101395]@NoGaBiker I don't think you can compare the two vehicles. [/QUOTE]

Surely I misunderstand your post. It sounds like you're saying I can't compare the new Defender and the IG. That can't be what you meant, though, is it?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@NoGaBiker Yes, that was what I meant. A vehicle with a ladder frame is different from a vehicle with a self-supporting aluminium body. Nevertheless, I was surprised at how well the Grenadier handled on the road. I think I will love my Grenadier as much as my old Defender. But I also enjoy driving my old Range Rover on long journeys. Still, the handling is different.

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=rovie userid=8990308 postid=1333101660]@NoGaBiker Yes, that was what I meant. A vehicle with a ladder frame is different from a vehicle with a self-supporting aluminium body. Nevertheless, I was surprised at how well the Grenadier handled on the road. I think I will love my Grenadier as much as my old Defender. But I also enjoy driving my old Range Rover on long journeys. Still, the handling is different.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, but compare them I must and compare them I will, as they will be the only two $80,000 SUVs in my driveway vying for the one garage space allotted for an SUV.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=NoGaBiker userid=8980684 postid=1333101812]

Ahhh, but compare them I must and compare them I will, as they will be the only two $80,000 SUVs in my driveway vying for the one garage space allotted for an SUV.[/QUOTE]

Jeep looks at you with sad eyes

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=ADVAW8S userid=8452459 postid=1333102660]

Jeep looks at you with sad eyes[/QUOTE]

LOL, he lives with a friend now. 

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the past, when I was a young boy, a Land Rover was also called „Jeep“. Today I can surely separate. For me the IG is a 4by4 and meanwhile by far. Not a SUV. 

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=rovie userid=8990308 postid=1333103233]In the past, when I was a young boy, a Land Rover was also called „Jeep“. Today I can surely separate. For me the IG is a 4by4 and meanwhile by far. Not a SUV. [/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I agree that a Jeep Wrangler is not an SUV — can’t say why, exactly, except here in the States at least it just sounds completely wrong to call it an SUV.  On the other hand, an L663 Defender is quite clearly an SUV. Where that leaves a Grenadier I can’t say for sure. It will surely get called an SUV by many, of course, where even the uninterested and untutored don’t usually refer to a Jeep as an SUV; perhaps that’s because of the existence (still) and long association of the word with the small, canvas-topped 2-door version, which seems so different from today’s SUV as to not warrant the same title.

Ironically, it’s another Jeep, the XJ Cherokee, that really started the “SUV” term (and craze) in the states in the mid-to-late-80s. 

[ Adam ]

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Love the content - and can't wait until you guys get a Grenadier. We have friends in Oldenburg - it was cool seeing you work the locks.

Keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom