The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Internal Bike Rack

Frosty

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
I’ve had requests for pics of bikes in the back. This is my biggest bike - a large size Marin MtB. Fits in nicely even with both wheels on. Two would fit in easily with front wheels off. However my permanent solution will be to fit another utility rail (tied down to the 2 existing ones) across the back and attach the bikes to that (front wheels off) using the ‘Loaded Bikes’ mount you can see in the pics. I’ll post photos of the final setup and the details of what to purchase when I figure it out… Cheers!IMG_1948.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpeg
    IMG_1950.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1949.jpeg
    IMG_1949.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1951.jpeg
    IMG_1951.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 155

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had requests for pics of bikes in the back. This is my biggest bike - a large size Marin MtB. Fits in nicely even with both wheels on. Two would fit in easily with front wheels off. However my permanent solution will be to fit another utility rail (tied down to the 2 existing ones) across the back and attach the bikes to that (front wheels off) using the ‘Loaded Bikes’ mount you can see in the pics. I’ll post photos of the final setup and the details of what to purchase when I figure it out… Cheers!View attachment 7811805
Brilliant Frosty.

That is exactly the sort of thing I have been thinking of but not having the car yet makes it difficult to design something.

I'm regular rider and often need to carry 2 or sometimes 3 bikes.

I initially thought I would need to put them on my rear bike rack but if I can secure 1 or 2 inside with the rear seat down - then great.

Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
Nice! It looks like it is possible to have two bikes upright with the only the rear tire on and both back seats down. Might even get away with the right rear seat being up if you have both rear tires sitting on the left seat back?

Frosty

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nice! It looks like it is possible to have two bikes upright with the only the rear tire on and both back seats down. Might even get away with the right rear seat being up if you have both rear tires sitting on the left seat back?
Yep I bet when I complete the setup you prob only need one set of seats down!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
Also does anyone know how to get my profile updated to owner? I changed it in settings but I’m still in production…

I think you will have to wait for Stu Barnes to switch it manually. It’s not an auto changeover buddy.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for this. This is how I currently transport my bikes in my Disco 3, but it has a higher roof and lower seat height than the Gren. I was curious how the "step up" in the rear seat would allow the bike to sit, and it looks like an MTB with the seat post pushed down works well. My road bike might be a bit harder since I hate mucking with the seat post on that bike. Anyways, thanks and looking forward to your final solution.

Frosty

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for this. This is how I currently transport my bikes in my Disco 3, but it has a higher roof and lower seat height than the Gren. I was curious how the "step up" in the rear seat would allow the bike to sit, and it looks like an MTB with the seat post pushed down works well. My road bike might be a bit harder since I hate mucking with the seat post on that bike. Anyways, thanks and looking forward to your final solution.
Yeah I’ll let you know - dropper seat post no issue, road bike will prob need seat removed

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
I just bought the Yakima BackSwing HITCH RACK SWING ADAPTER for my emtb carrier. I know the ineos rear space isn't as good as my old Pathfinder and I think they stuffed up making the seat split on the wrong side.
And the step in the split. Hopefully I can take out the seat/back and you can purchase a similar platform as in the two seater. I accept the first edition of a brand new car won't be perfect, but when the long wheel version comes out, I'll look at buying that then as well, as they'll hopefully have actually listened to feedback from customer experiences.

Frosty

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey folks – this is the final solution for my internal bike rack. It worked out a treat.

The only downside is that my Road Bike needs the seat removed. My wife’s bike was fine and my Mountain Bike has a dropper seat post so no issue for that.

Another thing to note is that due to the stem on my bike being pretty long, I had to span the middle pillar of the rear door. So the hoods fit nicely into each of the window recesses (basically that spot for my bike (sliver one) is the only place it would work and still allow me to shut the doors - but who cares, it works!!).

Finally, for the MtB I had to swap out the other fork adapter and spin the mount 180. That bike is longer and I needed the extra space that is not taken up by the drop bars of the road bikes.

It is 100% solid and those bikes are going nowhere!

This is what you need…

1 - Loaded Bikes Rail (Short 1138mm length – I also needed to drill x2 6mm holes in this – see pics for where to do that):
https://loadedbikes.co.uk/shop/retrofit-l-track-threshold-rail-universal/

2 – Loaded Bikes Fork Mounts (x2):
https://loadedbikes.co.uk/shop/fork-mount/

3 - M6 T-Track Adapter (you need to order M6 washers and nuts separately):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09PL7SG4W/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

4 – Loctite Red Thread locker:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000FP8EUS/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

Cheers,
Paul.

IMG_1978.jpgIMG_1979.jpgIMG_1980.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0008.jpgIMG_1981.jpgIMG_1982.jpgIMG_1983.jpg

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
Hey folks – this is the final solution for my internal bike rack. It worked out a treat.

The only downside is that my Road Bike needs the seat removed. My wife’s bike was fine and my Mountain Bike has a dropper seat post so no issue for that.

Another thing to note is that due to the stem on my bike being pretty long, I had to span the middle pillar of the rear door. So the hoods fit nicely into each of the window recesses (basically that spot for my bike (sliver one) is the only place it would work and still allow me to shut the doors - but who cares, it works!!).

Finally, for the MtB I had to swap out the other fork adapter and spin the mount 180. That bike is longer and I needed the extra space that is not taken up by the drop bars of the road bikes.

It is 100% solid and those bikes are going nowhere!

This is what you need…

1 - Loaded Bikes Rail (Short 1138mm length – I also needed to drill x2 6mm holes in this – see pics for where to do that):
https://loadedbikes.co.uk/shop/retrofit-l-track-threshold-rail-universal/

2 – Loaded Bikes Fork Mounts (x2):
https://loadedbikes.co.uk/shop/fork-mount/

3 - M6 T-Track Adapter (you need to order M6 washers and nuts separately):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09PL7SG4W/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

4 – Loctite Red Thread locker:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000FP8EUS/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

Cheers,
Paul.

View attachment 7812606View attachment 7812607View attachment 7812608View attachment 7812609View attachment 7812610View attachment 7812611View attachment 7812612View attachment 7812613View attachment 7812614

20 years ago I would have benefitted from this but not now. However I have to say that looks great and being able to transport your bikes safely and securely is perfect.

Well done mate, there are plenty who will be copying this I am sure.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Rear seat backrest and bike transport.

Studying an anchoring system for two bicycles to be transported in the boot of the Grenadier, and checking the measurements of both the bikes and the boot, I came to the conclusion that the best geometry should be with the forks of the bikes (without the front wheels) fixed to the special thru-pin blocks anchored to rear panel of reclining rear seats. The fork blocks could be bolted to a rail similar to the one stock on the Grenadier. Do you think the rear seat back panel is strong enough to anchor a standard rail to it? If not, any suggestions to strengthen it?
Print

Local time
Reaction score
@alvan
The basic premise is to spread the force over a larger area, in this wat there is less stress per square centimeter.

You need to connect your fork blocks to a big 'foot;' and then attach that to the back of the seats.
If you look around you will find a supplier of acryllic sheet.
This comes in several thicknesses, i'd suggest 5mm and of a dimension that is almost the same size as the back of the seat.
If you have some slots cut in the edges you will be able to get some nylon luggage straps and attach the sheets to the seats without causing any damage or making any permanent holes.

The fork blocks can be bolted to the sheet with countersunk boltss.
With a piece of carpet between the seatback and your 'big foot' there will be no damage.

Back
Top Bottom