The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Insurance

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
Admiral said they couldn't even look at it! OK I'm younger but 53 isn't in the boy-racer category. Maybe I'll try again. And will speak to Mr Flux.
Did you go direct to Admiral? I went via Compare the market and had no problem - not sure a 73 year old is a better risk than a 53 year old.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Mr Flux came through with a good price. best one yet.
So they more than halved their initial quote?

Adrian Flux are going away to "reconsider it" after having initially said £1500 and me telling them to take their comedy quote and stick it somewhere. LV online has said £730 with my wife as another driver, and £890 for me alone. So we are getting there...

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Four quotes so far for a 5 dr Station Wagon (N1) - Comprehensive, 73 year old, Full No Claims, Wife as second driver, No tracker. £700 excess.
Sterling £1222.18
Adrian Flux £890
LV £594.61
Admiral £487.45
It apears the Station wagons have way better insuarance group than the Belstaff editions . Admiral would not insure and Adrian Flux came back with a 3250 quote comprehensive cover for a 74k trialmaster ( and they wanted a tracker )

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It apears the Station wagons have way better insuarance group than the Belstaff editions . Admiral would not insure and Adrian Flux came back with a 3250 quote comprehensive cover for a 74k trialmaster ( and they wanted a tracker )
£3250 😳. Check out whether you had windscreen cover included. Early quotes for me and not all covered windscreen.
my vehicle will apparently arrive with my dealer first few days of may. Once I pay I then get registration details and will then finalise quotes and acceptance of insurance. should be behind the wheel mid may 🤞🏼

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
windscreen is in , but i think that is not the point here .
Good luck my friend !!! MIne is ready awaitting transport .

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We contacted our agent yesterday and as per my post the vehicle will arrive in the first few days of May. Ineos will then invoice when the agent receives the vehicle. when I pay I’ll get the reg no/ no plate details. in the meantime the pdi will be done and apparently I should get the vehicle within a week of the agent receiving it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like the wrinkles are being smoothed out of the various processes and procedures.

All very promising.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
I was able to obtain an online quote today from a mainstream Australian insurance provider (AAMI. I picked a random major provider).

The quote is for Comprehensive Insurance, which in Australia covers your vehicle and other vehicle/s and property damage (it’s the top insurance cover). It was nice to see AAMI online asked all the right questions (I.e. Diesel or petrol, wagon, etc) which indicated to me that Ineos in Australia has been busy (the removal of Luxury Car Tax did indicate that). I was pleasantly surprised at the yearly insurance premium I was quoted for my circumstances.

$982/year ($AUD. Inc GST)

Comprehensive Insurance (Sydney, NSW)
Excess of $2820 (I selected this amount)
Cover Type = market value
Finance Utilised = Yes

With no Finance component = $825/yr ($AUD. Inc GST)

OG

(note: Updated original post to reflect with or without a finance component)
Hmm… I need to run the quote again. $2820 is the max excess? No windscreen cover?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmm… I need to run the quote again. $2820 is the max excess? No windscreen cover?
Notwithstanding that everyone's circumstances are a different - so far the cheapest annual comprehensive insurance quote I have received is from Youi at $994.
This includes an excess of $1,500, a windscreen excess of only $50 & annual km less than 10,000.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Notwithstanding that everyone's circumstances are a different - so far the cheapest annual comprehensive insurance quote I have received is from Youi at $994.
This includes an excess of $1,500, a windscreen excess of only $50 & annual km less than 10,000.
Oh, that’s interesting - Youi didn’t want to insure ours in the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
If you are getting van quotes for the 5 seat commercial from Comparethemarket it's worth checking the quotes that you are given are not for the for the 2 seater. This happened to me and when I went into the cheapest quote (Admiral) and manually altered the setting to 5 seats the quote reduced from £438 to £398 which was a pleasant surprise as that almost exactly what I currently pay for my 2011 Hilux Invincible.

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
Just going through the pain of lining up insurance in Australia and prices are all over the place. I'm a retiree living in Far North Queensland. Best deals so far are AAMI at $800.22 and Youi at $1116.62 (includes roadside assist which AAMI did not). It's very easy to get quotes over $2000... Australia badly needs an insurance brokering sector; what we have now are only sales agents pretending to be brokers.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just going through the pain of lining up insurance in Australia and prices are all over the place. I'm a retiree living in Far North Queensland. Best deals so far are AAMI at $800.22 and Youi at $1116.62 (includes roadside assist which AAMI did not). It's very easy to get quotes over $2000... Australia badly needs an insurance brokering sector; what we have now are only sales agents pretending to be brokers.
The vehicle comes with roadside assistance so don't pay for any.
I would avoid youi unless you really read the terms and conditions.
They told me it wasn't covered off road at all.
They also wouldn't cover it if it had any "non-factory" accessories or modifications.
Made me ask if the dealer fitted accessories were covered and they didn't know.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Last I looked (over a month ago) APIA we’re competitive although I haven’t read their T&C’s yet. My quote was about $1k but location could be affecting that.

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
Last I looked (over a month ago) APIA we’re competitive although I haven’t read their T&C’s yet. My quote was about $1k but location could be affecting that.
Thanks for that...

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fyi I have a shannons quote roughly 1300, sydney, low excess (maybe 700?)

watch out for market value. It has a very specific meaning. I had a car written off (airbags went off when I was hit stationary).

market value meant only currently advertised similar vehicles in my state only. It was not a super-common car, the only others for sale were very high km. Cars in other states were irrelevant. That was a diesel peugeot wagon, plenty around, but not many selling in a given week. The grenadier will be much rarer.
eventually, someone advertised one as I was disputing a stupidly low offer, and in the endthe payout nearly doubled, but it came down to luck, and a slightly sympathetic assessor.
agreed value has a higher premium for one reason - it costs them more, therefore covers More

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fyi I have a shannons quote roughly 1300, sydney, low excess (maybe 700?)

watch out for market value. It has a very specific meaning. I had a car written off (airbags went off when I was hit stationary).

market value meant only currently advertised similar vehicles in my state only. It was not a super-common car, the only others for sale were very high km. Cars in other states were irrelevant. That was a diesel peugeot wagon, plenty around, but not many selling in a given week. The grenadier will be much rarer.
eventually, someone advertised one as I was disputing a stupidly low offer, and in the endthe payout nearly doubled, but it came down to luck, and a slightly sympathetic assessor.
agreed value has a higher premium for one reason - it costs them more, therefore covers us for less.
Agree
Most insurers quoted me for base price of Ineos Fieldmaster that mine is based off, which was $108K
I initially went up to my purchase price of $121K then increased it to replacement price of $133k and now it would cost $148K to replace.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree
Most insurers quoted me for base price of Ineos Fieldmaster that mine is based off, which was $108K
I initially went up to my purchase price of $121K then increased it to replacement price of $133k and now it would cost $148K to replace.
I thought about going with RACQ again given we have the house and a relatively new car etc with them. Was less than impressed with the call centre person. $1,900!!! Online RACQ quote was around $1300 +/- couldn't convince the person there was a disconnect!
Budget Direct also $1300+/-...also tried others and were within $100 for market value with new for old if written off in the first two years. Will look at Market Val vs Fixed Val in 2 yrs time.
All had an excess of $1200 -$1400 which is not surprising: the State with the highest rate of car theft and proportion of idiot drivers is Qld.🤬
Given that RACQ are trying to sell their insurance business to Suncorp, I went with Suncorp via RR at the Bris. dealership (they're Suncorp brokers) . approx $1350, full replacement in first two years, $1400 excess. It's done and dusted and $50 +/- compared to other quotes is "in the noise"

Wombat51

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
Been shopping around for insurance quotes for my diesel Trialmaster which I am supposed to pick up today (when INEOS Australia P/L approval for vehicle release finally gets to their WA agent Magic Enterprises)

Insured value varies between $110,000 and $122,000 on the following:

AAMI $1257 PA $1200 XS
Westpac $2552 PA $1250 XS
Shannons would not quote, not in locked garage
Australia Post $1289 PA $1250 XS
YOUI would not quote on high value vehicle

Eventually went with RAC WA (my current home & other car insurer):

Agreed value $110,000, new for old first two years, XS $1250, free windscreen no XS, annual premium $1299

Will review agreed value after first two years.

Back
Top Bottom