The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland Insurance in the UK

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Having had quotes ranging from £1,229.30 - £2,078.90, I've gone fully comp with NFU @ £873.01, with cover in force as of 1/5/23 .

Male - 72 - retired - 11yrs NCB - IG Fieldmaster - value £75,000 - parked on drive - rural location - no tracker - 30,000 miles p.a. - voluntary excess £1,000 - protected NCB

What a joy NFU are to deal with:
Factory-fit options and dealer-fit manufacturer accessories all treated as standard vehicle model, not modifications. (Most other companies, unless it's Scottish White - the only standard no-cost option - you'd even need to declare a paint modification! )
Includes - 2 years new-for-old cover
- 3rd party cover driving other vehicles
- RAC breakdown cover
- windscreen cover - Autoglass - excess £50 (NCB unaffected)
- courtesy car in UK
- EU travel
- motor legal advice & protection
- no policy charges
I have a lot of time for NFU Mutual and insured my old LR110 through them for years. Unfortunately the difference between them and the Admiral quote, £300ish, was too much to ignore. Assuming NFU get some positve claims experience and Admiral tread water or get worse, I'll go back to NFU at renewal time.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
£300 is quite a difference but 2 years new for old is quite a nice thing to have right off the bat. I wonder how many policies have that included as standard?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now there's an idea for Ineos. A loyalty programme for early adoptors that includes priority/fast track replacement vehicles should you suffer the consequences of a write off.

Last edited:

Will I like it? - Yep!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We are getting quoted £1039.89 for a 5 seat commercial with NFU having paid £823 for a defender 2 years ago.
Any one had better luck with an any driver policy?
Thanks
Richard

Reactions: PBD

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We are getting quoted £1039.89 for a 5 seat commercial with NFU having paid £823 for a defender 2 years ago.
Thanks
Richard
I had a quote of £783 from NFU agency in Ashby de la Zouch in October last for the 5 seat commercial. I haven't yet asked them to update this but I wouldn't expect someting as radical as £1039. Mine is based on full NCD, 82 years of age and 20 years with NFU.
Try pointing this out and see if they'll play.

Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks
Richard
£610 for two seater petrol utility with lots of extras 12000miles from LV
comparison sites came in a bit cheaper but have to go on van comparison site as commercial.

Will I like it? - Yep!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a quote of £783 from NFU agency in Ashby de la Zouch in October last for the 5 seat commercial. I haven't yet asked them to update this but I wouldn't expect someting as radical as £1039. Mine is based on full NCD, 82 years of age and 20 years with NFU.
Try pointing this out and see if they'll play.
Thanks for the info- maybe one issue is it’s an any driver policy, but there again so was the defender. Probably adding in a lump as no one knows the repair cost.
R

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks
Richard
Hastings Premier £556, 10k miles pa, 2 drivers clean licenses, £800 total excess, everything included, max NCD, private use only. Almost same details on compare the market and money supermarket. Trialmaster diesel, plus extras.

Last edited:

J F

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We were able to get cover with our previous insurance company NFU so all OK. Worth keeping in mind that not all insurance companies will accept risk at the moment so don’t leave insurance to last moment !

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We were able to get cover with our previous insurance company NFU so all OK. Worth keeping in mind that not all insurance companies will accept risk at the moment so don’t leave insurance to last moment !
To UK Station wagon owners
Getting insurance for the M1 cars; Fieldmaster & Trialmaster is relatively straight forward.
No so the N1 Station Wagon which is a Light Goods Vehicle of course. And at c.£60k an expensive van. Go to ADMIRAL first.
I collect my van tomorrow.
Cheers

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NFU are requesting a Thatcham category 2 immobiliser - assume this means I would need to fit another device. Seems insane on a modern car given the electrical gremlins I will try elsewhere.
That’s strange, I am insured with the NFU and they didn’t make any request - after they had quoted I went back to them saying that I was putting another higher level Tracker and Immobiliser and front and rear Dashcams and they wouldn’t give any discount!

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
LV say I need a tracker - I live down a 200m electric gated drive in the middle of nowhere - never had any vehicle incidents, have 3 other cars, I can’t understand it. I’m loathed to add electrics to an already flaky setup + its a new car - bound to be issues with it.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
LV say I need a tracker - I live down a 200m electric gated drive in the middle of nowhere - never had any vehicle incidents, have 3 other cars, I can’t understand it. I’m loathed to add electrics to an already flaky setup + its a new car - bound to be issues with it.
Try Admiral. They didn’t ask me to fit a tracker..

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am expecting to be required to fit a tracker - pretty standard these days above 70k - especially if postcode weighted - I can’t complain - LR products pretty well uninsurable in a London post code

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
LV did me over on dynamic pricing.

I had a quote with a provisional start date of 31st May, needed to close it with an earlier confirmed start date and they bumped the price up £90. I called and the person commiserated with me and said it happened all the time and she couldn't do anything to help. 😠

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just tried to update some insurance quotes and the number plate is not recognised . Does anybody have any idea how long it takes for details to be on the system

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Just tried to update some insurance quotes and the number plate is not recognised . Does anybody have any idea how long it takes for details to be on the system

Do you actually need the VRM to get a quote ?? I assume you are just trying to get an idea on prices at the minute.

Someone else had the same problem on the forum, but I am not sure how or when it was resolved.

Back
Top Bottom